Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2002 6:52:38 PM EDT
I don't know what came over me:

[img]http://community.webshots.com/storage/1/v0/9/58/81/28695881NxCMNKqtAj_ph.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 6:53:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 6:56:24 PM EDT
[#2]
It was very hard for me to justify the $200 for the tactical over the compact.  Don't know if there is any real justifcation other than my heart won out over my head.

Any holster reccomendations?  
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 6:57:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I saw a perfect condition used one in a case yesterday for right about $900. Gonna sweep that baby home tomorrow if it's still there!
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 6:58:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't feel Bad!!
The Tac is a premo weapon.
My buddy bought one after shooting my SS 45 USP.
The price sucks, but you have a TAC!
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 7:00:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Great choice, I have had one for a couple of years.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 7:03:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 7:06:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Very nice!

Never really interested in one till I handled a compact .40 we had seized. I have to say, that pistol is ergonomic as hell... I kinda regret my fairly recent Glock purchase in that I really dug that USP.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 7:08:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Seewwweeeeeet!  You're going to love that Tactical.  I have the Match Trigger in my USPf 9mm - very nice trigger.

Give us a report after you shoot her.

CMOS
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 7:15:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
But you could of had a Glock.[:D] You knew is was bound to happen sooner or later.
View Quote

And he could have had a papercut.

But why the hell would you want either over a USP tac?
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 7:19:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
But you could of had a Glock.[:D] You knew is was bound to happen sooner or later.
View Quote

I could have almost had 2 Glocks [:)]

Got my Glock 33 for $490

The HK was $889-$10 Grand Opening coupon.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 7:21:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 7:26:30 PM EDT
[#12]
are those exposed threads on the bbl? are you gonna put a fake (or real) supressor on it?
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 7:53:40 PM EDT
[#13]
jvic,
nice piece! congrats.
Here is MY USP......It is plastic and cost $19.99.  I use it to keep Squeak-the-cat off the piano and guitar stuff.  

Maybe some day I will have a real one. [>Q]

[img]http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/Boomholzer/SqueaksUSP.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 7:57:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
At least you got both. This way when the HK breaks you have a reliable back up.[}:D]
View Quote

Geez man!  Are you saying I bought an inferior yet more expensive gun??? LOL...maybe I should just sell the damn thing now.  How much will you give me?
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 8:00:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
are those exposed threads on the bbl? are you gonna put a fake (or real) supressor on it?
View Quote

Yes, they are.  That was one thing that almost kept me from buying it.  Because now I will have the urge to buy a suppressor.  For no real reason.  I have no idea how much a one would cost.  Wouldn't want a fake.  The nice case even appears to have a spot for a suppressor.  Is that right?  And what is that other pocket for?  Handcuffs?
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 8:02:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
jvic,
nice piece! congrats.
Here is MY USP......It is plastic and cost $19.99.  I use it to keep Squeak-the-cat off the piano and guitar stuff.  

Maybe some day I will have a real one. [>Q]
View Quote

Thanks!

$19.99?!?!?!  I am begining to think I got ripped off! [:)]
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 8:10:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
$19.99?!?!?!  I am begining to think I got ripped off! [:)]
View Quote

Depends what you want out of it.  I've got one just like that sitting on my floor too.  It's a softair gun that shoots plastic BB's.  If you want something a little more accurate and potent, you're going to have to shell out the extra bucks.  If you want it to look cool, $19.99 will do. [:)]
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 8:20:32 PM EDT
[#18]
jvic,

The other pocket in your HK case is for the UTL.  It also holds a small factory box of hollowpoints nicely.

[img]http://www.hecklerkoch-usa.com/pages/civilian/images/usp40utl_lg.jpg[/img]

Here is the USP40 with UTL attached, straight off of [url]http://www.hecklerkoch-usa.com[/url]
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 8:23:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Welcome to the club.

I got mine last year and have put it to work. You just can't kill these things, no matter what any (jealous) body says.

Yes, those threads on the end of the barrel will start to beam "gotta get a suppressor" rays into your head. I got a thread protector, but that hasn't seemed to help.

If you want a kydex hip holster for it, check out [url]www.comp-tac.com[/url]. Gregg makes terrific gear, and his holster for the USP45 has a really deep front sight channel that will take the boat rudder that is the Tactical front sight. He also makes mag pouches for the big double stacker USP45 mags.

Enjoy, and keep your O-ring oiled.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 8:24:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
jvic,

The other pocket in your HK case is for the UTL.  It also holds a small factory box of hollowpoints nicely.
View Quote

Ahh...thanks!  That makes sense...I saw that surefire makes a light that fits also?  Might have to check into one or the other...
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 8:50:12 PM EDT
[#21]
jvic, Congrats on your true masterpiece. I have a USP Tac. and a USP 40C. 11,000 and 14,000 rnds respectively thru them. A varied mix of ball and hollow point, and NEVER an FTF that was not grossly ammo related(and only 2 at that). Practice,practice,prac.........
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 8:50:33 PM EDT
[#22]
You will enjoy it. I have a USP 9 that I enjoy to shoot. My Neighbor shoot mine and went out and bought a USP Socom.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 8:59:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Wow! That's sweet!!!  I hope it shoots well for you!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top