Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2017 2:02:52 PM EDT
I bought this 2008 GMC from a friend of mine yesterday and he gave me a good deal. This pickup was owned by him and his son's company and they had a falling out and they are selling off everything connected to the company so they can split the money and call it good. He was going to send this to an auction or wholesale it but instead he sold it to me for $7000. It's got 141,000 miles and is very clean. The interior is perfect and there is one tiny ding in the front fender. It was nice to have something work in my favor for a change. It's the NFL Edition whatever that means but the son took all the emblems off except the little square GM emblem on the door so it looks plain. I do have a question if someone knows. Before I picked it up yesterday my friend saw on the dash that the left rear tire was low. He took it down and had the tire fixed(nail)and he wanted to re-set the low tire warning on the dash but it wouldn't clear off with the dash controls. He asked the tire guys and they said it has to be taken to a dealer to be re-set. Is this correct? The owners manual says you can do it with the dash controls but I tried and it won't clear for me either.

Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:06:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like a Good deal for $7k. (Minus the ugly rims )
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:08:00 PM EDT
[#2]
IN before dealer hate.

Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:09:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like a Good deal for $7k. (Minus the ugly rims )
View Quote
That's why it's an NFL edition, only a baller would drive with those things... Also your Tire Pressure Monitoring system is probably having an issue with the sensor in that wheel if you can't reset it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:10:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Worst case is the dealer has to do it.

Best case is google gives you the steps to do it.

Or just unhook the battery for 5-10 minutes and it will reset.

ETA:

Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:11:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't like the rims either but for the price I will live with them for now. As for being a "baller", I don't even know what that is, and I don't watch football, I watch motorcycle racing.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:12:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Worst case is the dealer has to do it.

Best case is google gives you the steps to do it.

Or just unhook the battery for 5-10 minutes and it will reset.

ETA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo9HNDKMipk
View Quote
Thanks, I will watch it and give it a try.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:13:12 PM EDT
[#7]
nfl edition

deflated tires

there's a Patriots joke in there somewhere.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:18:45 PM EDT
[#8]
It takes time to reset.  it will clear after you drive for a while sometimes in hour sometimes a day.

as long as the pressure is correct it keeps testing
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:33:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It takes time to reset.  it will clear after you drive for a while sometimes in hour sometimes a day.

as long as the pressure is correct it keeps testing
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:14:20 PM EDT
[#10]
You done good OP
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:17:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:25:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Wow! You may as well have stolen it!

I'm jelly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top