Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2006 5:02:00 PM EDT
I can't believe it I totally screwed up big time.  I clicked on a Chase bank e-mail and I entered social security number and credit card number.  I realized my mistake after I entered everything and clicked.  I called the credit card company and cancelled the card.  What a jerk I am.  What can I expect now.  Damn I'm an IDIOT!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:06:54 PM EDT
[#1]
If the card is cancelled successfully you're covered on that end. However, monitor your credit report extremely carefully to see if any unknown applications for credit or services start popping up.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:09:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Sign up for credit monitoring. It may cost you a little $$$ but since you admit your screwup be prepared to pay this modest price.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:11:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Can I have the money in your wallet?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:13:39 PM EDT
[#4]
whooopsie.  you've been phished.  i used to get those in my email when i first signed up for cable internet.  they have since diminshed to about nothing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top