Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/18/2008 3:55:45 PM EDT
On Wednesday I thought my day was going good when I found $5 while digging in the trash.

But I was driving on listening to Los at ~11pm, and sitting on the side of the road  facing the street there was a wheelchair, just sitting there no one around or anything.

So I stop, looks nearly new, so I put it to a vote
All in favor or me taking .... I
All opposed.........  
the motion carries.

Fold it up, throw it in the back of the truck (good thing I kept the tailgate on) and now its sitting in my living room.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 3:56:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 3:58:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Taxman ..... you gonna hide that in the ammo fort ?
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 3:58:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn, Taxman, the stuff you get into...
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 3:58:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I saw on mcguiver that you can grind that up and make a torch out of it since it is magnesium.

Link Posted: 7/18/2008 4:01:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 4:02:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I saw on mcguiver that you can grind that up and make a torch out of it since it is magnesium.

I thought he used a bike?
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 4:04:27 PM EDT
[#7]
PIcs or it didnt happen.

Link Posted: 7/18/2008 4:04:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Whats magnesium worth at the scrap?
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 4:06:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Some poor handicapped guy probably just had to go to the bathroom, and crawled a few feet to a secluded spot off the road...
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 4:07:47 PM EDT
[#10]
I would borrow a friends motorcycle gear and go find some big hills.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 4:08:25 PM EDT
[#11]
What's the worst thing about eating vegetables?

Putting them back in the wheelchair.  
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 4:08:35 PM EDT
[#12]
In what way is this not stealing a wheelchair?
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 4:09:26 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Some poor handicapped guy probably just had to go to the bathroom, and crawled a few feet to a secluded spot off the road...

+1
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 4:09:59 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
it was abandoned on the side of the road
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 4:10:32 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
On Wednesday I thought my day was going good when I found $5 while digging in the trash.

But I was driving on listening to Los at ~11pm, and sitting on the side of the road  facing the street there was a wheelchair, just sitting there no one around or anything.

All opposed.........  
the motion carries.

Fold it up, throw it in the back of the truck (good thing I kept the tailgate on) and now its sitting in my living room.

Diggin in the trash???  

Link Posted: 7/18/2008 4:11:06 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

All opposed.........  
the motion carries.

Diggin in the trash???  

he dumpster dives You seen his collection of freebies so far
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 4:11:19 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

It was on side of the road in the area that IF YOU LEAVE YOU SHIT HERE IT IS TRASH AND OPEN TO GETTING HAULED AWAY FOR SCRAP where trashcans, old appliances and stuff are left.  

Who keeps thier wheelchair on the side on the road at 11pm on a weekday.

It was put to a voice vote, if someone had left it to crawl off and use the bathroom they could have opposed the motion.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 4:12:18 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought he used a bike?

I think it was magnesium wheelchair wheels and rust from a paint can put into a tube from a bike frame, but I might be wrong.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 4:13:13 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

All opposed.........  
the motion carries.

Diggin in the trash???  

For bottle caps so I can get the codes about $200-300 in free drinks, food, electrionics and other items so far this year.  Get the points of Pepsi caps for electornics, coke products for free stuff off thier site, dr pepper and such for free 20ozs.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 4:15:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Pictures
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 4:26:26 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It was on side of the road in the area that IF YOU LEAVE YOU SHIT HERE IT IS TRASH AND OPEN TO GETTING HAULED AWAY FOR SCRAP where trashcans, old appliances and stuff are left.  

Who keeps thier wheelchair on the side on the road at 11pm on a weekday.

It was put to a voice vote, if someone had left it to crawl off and use the bathroom they could have opposed the motion.

He was freaking handicapped, there he was wiping his ass with his only hand and some asshole  stole his wheelchair.  Had to finish wiping, pull his pants up, try to fasten the buttons and zip the zipper (try that with one hand you *****)get up on his stumps and get back to the road.  By the time he got back, you were driving away with your radio on too loud to hear him
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 4:27:56 PM EDT
[#22]
OK, I'll ask.  Why?????
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 4:32:48 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
OK, I'll ask.  Why?????

It was there, it was free, according to the code I have to take it.

Also its heavy and could fetch some at the scrap or I could resell it

Im thinking of using it a few days a week help build up arm strength
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 4:38:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Give it to the VFW or American Legion.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 4:42:01 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Read my mind.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 4:44:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Donate it to Goodwill and thank God for every day on this planet that you don't need a wheelchair.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 4:45:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Wow...
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 4:51:14 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Donate it to Goodwill and thank God for every day on this planet that you don't need a wheelchair.

CAMPYBOB!!??

Your back
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 4:51:20 PM EDT
[#29]
you'll save on gas now going trash digging. just hold out a cup.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 5:23:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 5:34:14 PM EDT
[#31]
   You don't have a hair on your ass, if you don't make it into a Tactical Wheelchair for a few photo ops before you get rid of it.

ETA: You gotta have something to go along with the ammo fort pics.

Link Posted: 7/18/2008 5:57:59 PM EDT
[#32]
FWIW the person who used it prolly just died. The family most likely put it out for trash. Must be wierd sitting a dead guys chair...
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 6:00:51 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Breaks masterlocks too!

(I saw that one too )
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 6:06:08 PM EDT
[#34]
I bought a mint racing wheelchair for $40, and Im not handicapped.  Why you might ask.  It is a great upper body workout.  If you go out on the weekend, chicks dig it.  You can also talk a lot more trash, as 80% of most jerks wont fight a guy in a chair.  Its a no win situation.  They win, oh big man.  They lose, they got their ass beat by a crip.   When its time to go to disney, everyone in your party goes to the front of the line.  

This post is intended for parody, do not try this at home.    
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 6:37:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Now- to be able to use this properly, Have someone chop off your legs! Or maybe do it yourself, Think of the fun and violence!
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 6:38:38 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I bought a mint racing wheelchair for $40, and Im not handicapped.  Why you might ask.  It is a great upper body workout.  If you go out on the weekend, chicks dig it.  You can also talk a lot more trash, as 80% of most jerks wont fight a guy in a chair.  Its a no win situation.  They win, oh big man.  They lose, they got their ass beat by a crip.   When its time to go to disney, everyone in your party goes to the front of the line.  

This post is intended for parody, do not try this at home.    

Im going to listen to this
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:11:32 AM EDT
[#37]
Briggs and Stratton and (dare I say it!) Marpat!
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:12:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:13:54 AM EDT
[#39]
You think they'll miss it?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:26:11 AM EDT
[#40]
Was Benny Hinn anywhere near by?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:24:40 AM EDT
[#41]
They're good for going to the fridge and getting a beer on football Sundays.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:40:27 AM EDT
[#42]
Wheelchairs are expensive items that are often a big stretch for fixed income folks to buy. There's a chance that some kids may have stolen that chair from a retiree or handicapped person who cannot afford to replace it, or maybe it fell from a wheelchair rack on a car or something. The right thing to do would be to put up a sign saying that you'd found it or place an ad in the local classifieds. There may well be someone very worried over how they're going to pay to replace that chair right now.

If you don't get any response, sell it as a piece of medical equipment, not for scrap. Or donate it to the local VFW/American Legion. Nice tax break, anyway.

In the meantime, learn to do wheelchair tricks. You can kick it back on two wheels and wheelie around everywhere. You can also spin around really fast in a circle on two wheels. The ultimate move is the "Warren Keyes, Please" where you kick the chair up into a wheelie,  fall backwards, catch yourself with one arm and then push yourself back up into a wheelie.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:52:05 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:
it was abandoned on the side of the road

Probably had engine trouble!  It  would have gotten towed to the police impound lot anyway!!!  
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:01:09 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

+1

Or take it to a DAV center and give it to them ( tax free donation ). If it's in like new condition as you state ... I am fairly certain it would be a much appreciated 'upgrade' to some poor soul who has sat in his for 16 hours a day for years.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:09:53 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:
OK, I'll ask.  Why?????

It was there, it was free, according to the code I have to take it.

Also its heavy and could fetch some at the scrap or I could resell it

Im thinking of using it a few days a week help build up arm strength

you're a piece of work !
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:12:11 AM EDT
[#46]
Isay he uses it when he goes to the store ..... kinda drag himself down the bed to the tailgate and pull it out and use it to go into the store .... especially when someone is parked in the hanicapped spot with no tag
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:25:23 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Nothing worng with dumpster diving..I found abunch of shelving about $2000 worth and the security guard pulled up and said go ahead and take them...I didnt have a truck at the time so I had to leave them. I know a cop that goes dumpter siving on duty..He found a shotgun and a few other expesnive items like a high dollar electron micrscope i think once.

Im gonna bet it was abandonned also probaly thrown to the curb becuase it belonged to a Deceased family member or Maybe the owner WALKED OFF and forgot it?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:34:19 AM EDT
[#48]
lets see sum pics of the device.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:52:19 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:03:00 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
In the meantime, learn to do wheelchair tricks. You can kick it back on two wheels and wheelie around everywhere. You can also spin around really fast in a circle on two wheels. The ultimate move is the "Warren Keyes, Please" where you kick the chair up into a wheelie,  fall backwards, catch yourself with one arm and then push yourself back up into a wheelie.

Taxman, busted your ass yet trying any of this?      

+1 on trying to locate the owner or donating it to the VFW.  Karma can be a bitch sometimes.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top