Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2002 7:02:38 PM EDT
A friend of mine and my daughter finally made a good day of it.

A nice day today in the forest!  bit overcast at first, but clouds opened up for a nice day.  a bit of wind, but we had a good time.   We did have so much fun, that the Park Ranger was dispatched and came and looked us over, ran my veh. plates then came over and asked "is everything legal?" (of course) but like who whould say NO? lol  he was nice and said he didn't have time to run all the ser no's (gee it was only about 14!)  He asked us to make sure we'd police up our mess.(of course)

shot about 2000 or so rounds of ammo, .22, 9mm, 45, 5.56 and 7.62x39

having fun trying to bump fire the AK

had my 8yo daughter with for first time, got her using her 50th Aniv Comm. Daisy Red Ryder bb gun.. then one of the AR's followed by my SW 2206 .22 pistol. She got on paper every time except for the AR, which she cant readily sight.  I held the AR on my thigh while she looked down the rifle and squeezed off a 20 round mag while I "aimed"  we did hit a can at about 40yds   Oh and for thosed concerned, she did receive education long before coming to the range today, continously, last night, on the way there and at the 'range' And safe practice was followed by ALL (thank you)

The Wolfs fired flawlessly in the AK and SKS
AR's digested PMC, Q3131a, UMC w/o problems

No FTF's for anything.

I had one AR that I built with an A2 HB match upper from an EBay auction.  It was dead on, right out the box!!!   This one is what my friend fell in love with (first time AR shooter!!!!)

My 92F gobbled up the last of My '42 Canadian Mil ball... sure fire stuff for "old" age.

Daughter had a blast and can't wait to go again[:)]
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 7:07:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey 7IDL, where 'bouts were you shooting?  I'm always looking for places to shoot in Colorado.  I live in Niwot, between Boulder and Longmont.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 7:11:24 PM EDT
[#2]
all you Coloradan's come on over to the Colorado AR15 web site (lots of AR15.com'ers are there and was set up by fellow member Lancelot)  Lots of local info, you guys to the north and south (WY,NM) could probably gain a bit there too [:)]

[url]http://www.co-ar15.com[/url]
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 7:18:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Glad to hear you had good time. And good for you getting your daughter out! Glad to hear she had a good time too. My dad got me out early in life, and I'm glad he did.

Not much better than a good day at the range.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 9:22:18 PM EDT
[#4]
And you didn't invite me?
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 9:24:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Happy Happy Joy Joy
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 9:39:09 PM EDT
[#6]
shot about 2000 or so rounds of ammo
View Quote

Wow.  It's been nearly a year since I've been.  I really need to find someone else to cover for me at work so I can take a few days off.  Not shooting is getting to me.z
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 11:05:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
And you didn't invite me?
View Quote

well, we got rained out on Monday, and spur of the moment yesterday (Thur) we decided to go.

We've been trying to put together a BRC kind of shoot here in CO, but it hasn't happened yet.

check out the Colorado Site, linked above in my prev. post. ya'll are welcome to come on by.  (It's intent was not to replace AR15.com, but rather enhance it) [:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top