Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2004 6:59:57 PM EDT
9 gallons of paint, 3 rolls of tape, 5 brushes, 6 rollers, blood, sweat & tears and a mth and half later... I finally finished painting!! It really sucked because this could have been done in a week, but I needed extra help so I didn't have to worry about the munchkin getting in paint.
I'll take pictures tomorrow and post the before and after.

Looking into kitchen from living room

Looking into living room from kitchen

Dinning room from living room

Living room from dinning room

I have looked all over for the before pics, I think they are on the disc that was corrupt and I lost them.
Living room walls and Dinning room walls were all a pale tan, bare pale tan.
Kitchen had wallpaper with flowers, and spots, border with chickens on it, all in pale tan and light blue. Cabinets were light blue. Same dull colors all the way thru.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:11:25 PM EDT
[#1]
tagged for pix

ETA: very cool, lady--please come decorate my apartment  
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:01:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Can't wait to see pics!
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 10:35:58 AM EDT
[#3]
After pics added... I can't find my before
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:54:10 PM EDT
[#4]
That, MrsGH, looks like a comfortable home.  You are truly blessed.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 1:08:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice looking house!
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 1:16:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Very nice, you are welcome to paint my house anytime you'd like.
On the cabinets, did you sand them bare, or just rough them up and paint them, or just paint them? I just bought the house I'm in and the ccabinets are finished wood, but they look bad, I've thought about painting them this winter, but not sure if I have to sand them bare or not.

Again, very nice job, and great color choices.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:11:40 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
On the cabinets, did you sand them bare, or just rough them up and paint them, or just paint them? I just bought the house I'm in and the ccabinets are finished wood, but they look bad, I've thought about painting them this winter, but not sure if I have to sand them bare or not.

My cabinets were already painted, so I just painted over them. Finished wood, you would want to at least scuff up so the paint will stick, it's usually best to sand completely.

And no I won't come paint.. I actually hate to paint, I just love the finished result.

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:05:46 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My cabinets were already painted, so I just painted over them. Finished wood, you would want to at least scuff up so the paint will stick, it's usually best to sand completely.

And no I won't come paint.. I actually hate to paint, I just love the finished result.

Thanks, I figured I would have to sand them all, but I could always hope.
I prefer the finished product myself, hate the work to get there.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:13:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks very nice, you done good gal!
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:23:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Nice where is the guns and ammo ?
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:55:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice job, and I love the colors you used. I also like your green lace curtains.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:04:24 PM EDT
[#12]

wow that's a tall trash can there... must not like taking out the trash often nice calender, matches your hounds.

nice job, what's rent gonna cost me?

J
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:11:05 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/nuttinhny/DSC02631.jpg

wow that's a tall trash can there... must not like taking out the trash often nice calender, matches your hounds.

nice job, what's rent gonna cost me?

J

lol... it's actually a trash can sitting on the dog food container. You can see the container sticking out at the bottom. This is to keep lilGH out of the trash!
I have had hound calenders every year since we got the hounds. I can always find at least one in the calender that looks identical to one of ours.
Rent well... I wish I had room. 3 bedrooms and all are full, unless you want to sleep with lilGH in his room, he's the only one that doesn't have to share. It is yellow and pale blue. Airplanes hanging from the ceiling and stars, moons and clouds on the walls.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:12:44 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Nice where is the guns and ammo ?

Most of the guns and ammo are in the basement in the safe. There is actually a kimber in the dinning room, but I can't even see it in the picture.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:34:02 PM EDT
[#15]
I won't tell anybody, but you missed a spot.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:14:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Your cabinets look wonderful!  We have the world's ugliest cabinets and I have been wanting to do something with them since we moved in...now I think I have some inspiration!
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:18:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Very nice!  I love wood floors.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 9:40:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Gorgeous!  Great job Mrs....

so......

When's the house party?

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 11:15:03 AM EDT
[#19]
I wanted to thank everyone for the compliments. From what you have said, I have acheived what I wanted. There is still a little work to be done, chair rail needs to be added, floors need to be refinished, yes they are real oak, and they are in great shape considering they are 50+ years old, just need a new finish and some poly.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 11:28:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Beautiful job! You are welcome in my home any time
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top