Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/8/2009 4:53:29 PM EDT
I figured it out CTD just goes to places like Sportsman Guide and buys what ever they have in their catalog or monthly flyer. They then double the price and that is their sale price! They triple their price and that is "retail". Here is this months "deal" on loose .223!

Link Posted: 6/8/2009 4:54:59 PM EDT
[#1]
IBTE

(In Before Teh Edits)
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 5:07:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Im NOT defending these guys one bit, and I feel the humor of the post.  BUT, just a little history of CTD for those that dont know.

They started in this little ass storefront packed with mostly mil-surp and whatnot.  They had a few rattlesnakes in a big tank and a bobcat roaming the store.  Long story short they grew to be huge and eventually split into 2 companies–– I hated the management however they had shit coming into that warehouse from places you wouldnt believe.  At one point they had to build a new warehouse for AMMO ALONE.  Im talking millions of rounds, the fire marshall finally had enough–– Anyway they started as a decent gun shop now they are a sorry ass joke.
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 5:09:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I love how they have the "Not Factory!!!" Glock mags for the low, low, cheaper than Dirt price of 29.97  (with a free mag pouch!)
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 5:13:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I love how they have the "Not Factory!!!" Glock mags for the low, low, cheaper than Dirt price of 29.97  (with a free mag pouch!)

Thank you for your kind words. CTD is happy that some of its customers are able to see what fine and self sacrificing work we do for them. ~CTD Customer Service

..As for the rest of you thankless shits you can go suck a donkey dick for all we care.
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 5:14:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Im NOT defending these guys one bit, and I feel the humor of the post.  BUT, just a little history of CTD for those that dont know.

They started in this little ass storefront packed with mostly mil-surp and whatnot.  They had a few rattlesnakes in a big tank and a bobcat roaming the store.  Long story short they grew to be huge and eventually split into 2 companies–– I hated the management however they had shit coming into that warehouse from places you wouldnt believe.  At one point they had to build a new warehouse for AMMO ALONE.  Im talking millions of rounds, the fire marshall finally had enough–– Anyway they started as a decent gun shop now they are a sorry ass joke.

Thats exactly what makes the joke so amusing, yet bitter-sweet.  Most of us can remember, not so long ago when they actually did have some good deals interspaced with all the useless overpriced crap.    

Didn't they end up getting bought by a French company, or am I thinking of another CTD type catalog gouger?
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 5:17:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Didn't they end up getting bought by a French company

IIRC, that was Sportsman's Guide.

Link Posted: 6/8/2009 5:18:51 PM EDT
[#7]
EDITED BY CTD
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 5:20:12 PM EDT
[#8]
IBTL
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 5:27:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Supply and Demand.

They wouldn't still be in business if hapless folks out there weren't paying those prices.
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 5:28:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Cheaper than Dirt and Sportsmans Guide are owned buy the same guy.
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 5:32:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Cheaper than Dirt and Sportsmans Guide are owned buy the same guy.

Interesting.
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 5:32:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Supply and Demand.

They wouldn't still be in business if hapless folks out there weren't paying those prices.

No shit.

People celebrate Wal Mart not raising their prices, yet they are always out of ammo.

This is simple economics.

Prices set too low create shortages.

People complaining, "how dare they - they are the only company with ammo and they take advantage of that to rip you off"  JUST DON'T GET IT.

Link Posted: 6/8/2009 5:46:24 PM EDT
[#13]
EDITED BY CTD
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 5:55:06 PM EDT
[#14]
I understand that they have ammo when others don't because of their prices, but theres a difference between being 10% more expensive and being 90% more expensive.

One is just silly.
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 6:00:32 PM EDT
[#15]
They can charge whatever they want and you don't have to buy it. However, I think what really gets people is their name and what they charge for some stuff. They also use to have some pretty good deals.
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 6:02:02 PM EDT
[#16]
In before CTD edits....

Wait.... Wut?
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 6:03:18 PM EDT
[#17]
< Our prices are so awesome that your Momma didn't complain about them last night, you punkass bitch.... Take a time out and think about what you posted! ~ edited by CTD

- Clint
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 6:05:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
< Our prices are so awesome that your Momma didn't complain about them last night, you punkass bitch.... Take a time out and think about what you posted! ~ edited by CTD

- Clint

Holy shit
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 6:07:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Fuck Cheaper than Dirt!

We will hang you with your own intestines while you watch us rape your girlfriend with a Saiga 12 magazine you worthless pieces of shit! -Edited by CTD

Link Posted: 6/8/2009 6:08:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Years ago, their online prices were the same or a little more than other vendors.  They sometimes still have milsurp stuff worth buying.  But their ammo has gone parabolic in pricing.
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 6:12:16 PM EDT
[#21]
I think the CTD edits are funny as hell!  I don't buy from them cus they're prices suck but hey, somebody's keeping em in business.  Just isn't me.
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 6:13:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Local shopper here... CTD was great in 2004-2007, I bought a dozen glocks and tons of mags from there... but their ammo was always high.  But they always had the good milsurp stuff if I wanted it, and if I didn't, i just went to wally world.

Now everything is high as hell, and they are only now starting to slowly drop their prices on guns and accessories, but ammo was still high as hell last week.
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 6:16:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Supply and Demand.

No shit.

People celebrate Wal Mart not raising their prices, yet they are always out of ammo.

People complaining, "how dare they - they are the only company with ammo and they take advantage of that to rip you off"  JUST DON'T GET IT.

I just got back from Cabellas in Owatonna,MN.  They had plenty of .223, several different brands at the normal gouging price of about 50 cents per round.  They had tons of 9mm ammo to.  Wish I had taken a picture for you.

I have seen lots of ammo at WM recently as well.  

CTD is doing untold damage to their reputation by hyper-gouging.  There is more to Capitalism/Economics/Retailing/Marketing than just trying to get the highest possible price.    As a smart guy, you are no doubt aware of Price/Profit/Demand curve calculations.

It is sort of arrogant for you to assume that you and CTD know more about retailing than Walmart.  Doncha think?

Link Posted: 6/8/2009 6:20:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Shit, sign me up!!!!
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 6:58:25 PM EDT
[#25]
I won't buy their crap anymore, they sell shitty products mostly.  Shitty is as shitty does.

Oh no you fucking don't!  Edited by CTD.
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 7:22:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Supply and Demand.

No shit.

I just got back from Cabellas in Owatonna,MN.  They had plenty of .223, several different brands at the normal gouging price of about 50 cents per round.  They had tons of 9mm ammo to.  Wish I had taken a picture for you.

I have seen lots of ammo at WM recently as well.  

CTD is doing untold damage to their reputation by hyper-gouging.  There is more to Capitalism/Economics/Retailing/Marketing than just trying to get the highest possible price.    As a smart guy, you are no doubt aware of Price/Profit/Demand curve calculations.

It is sort of arrogant for you to assume that you and CTD know more about retailing than Walmart.  Doncha think?

If you have the means to obating the product for a cheaper price elsewhere - do so.

I simply cannot accept this is the case across the board, or CTD would not stay in business.  I simply DO know that much about retailing.

The only possible reason they may have to set the price too high would be to purposely AVOID selling ammo.

Link Posted: 6/8/2009 7:32:25 PM EDT
[#27]

This shit, again? Fuck!

Bear
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 7:40:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I think the CTD edits are funny as hell!  I don't buy from them cus they're prices suck but hey, somebody's keeping em in business.  Just isn't me.

~When we want your fucking opinion we'll read your entrails~Edited by CTD
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 7:47:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:36:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Come get em tough guy! lol
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 9:25:03 AM EDT
[#31]
I love these CTD threads just for the edits
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 9:29:44 AM EDT
[#32]
I still don't buy from them, but I have noticed that a handful of their prices have came back down to almost-reasonable levels lately.

They even had one good deal in the latest catalog, but an internet search revealed that the item wasn't in stock anyway. Oh well.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 9:32:50 AM EDT
[#33]
CTD sucks, I throw their catalog in the trash as soon as I get it....

You got another one on the way, bitch. ~ CTD
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:05:16 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm back from the ban hammer & all I can say is...............

< You shut the fuck up and get back in the corner you sniveling little bitch! ~edited by CTD
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:09:48 PM EDT
[#35]
You do realize that these false edits on Arfcom have probably cost CTD heaps of business from the stupid, who they are clearly relying on to pay those prices for ammo?

Talk shit about our customers again and we'll chop off your balls and feed them to the company rottweiler. - CTD
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:28:55 PM EDT
[#36]
You wouldn't beleive what they did to me one time when I ordered

YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH!! ~CTD    
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:34:59 PM EDT
[#37]
I just want to say that I FUCKING HATE LOVE CTD.  I hope that the owners rot in hell for the raping they give to those who don't know better MAKE LOTS OF MONEY FROM GOOD HARD WORKING AMERICAN'S WHO BELIEVE IN CAPITALISM! ~edited by CTD
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:35:56 PM EDT
[#38]
<Please don't use any form of the F-word in Industry Partner threads. Thanks. TBK1>

Who the **** do you think you are? Say good by to your Admin. status ponyboy. ~CTD
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 1:37:15 AM EDT
[#39]
Shopping @ Cheaper Than Dirt is like Shopping anywhere, you find the good deals and buy them, use the coupon to cut down on shipping and let them suck on the overpriced shit until they get the message and drop the prices.
sw1217

Says the wormdick that asked us if we could send him the 4000 rounds of 5.56 he ordered "in a brown wrapped package W/O the return address label". Keep posting libelous shit about us and we will post the print-out showing your ammo purchases from us over the last six months. As for coupons, you next get some when you shit them. - CTD
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top