Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2002 3:29:28 PM EDT
I went to the gunshow at Big Town today and made out like a bandit.

I sold my complete, preban, Olympic upper with a 3 position collapsible stock (minus the recoil spring and buffer, I kept them for my parts collection/spares) for 300 cash.

I had two people I know and trust evaluate/appraise the upper.  Both put its value at 225-250 tops!

Wooo-Hooo! To make it even sweeter, I sold it to a dealer, not a newbie!  

To make things even nicer, I found a guy selling reloaded .223, brass cases, nice and shiny for 85.00(cash tax included!), for TWELVE hundred rounds!  I bought his last case, and would have bout more if he had any other!  I bargained him down from 90.00   [;)]

I shot the .223 to check its quality/reliability.  Perfect!  Even hit the steel plates as hard as South African surplus.  

TheRedGoat

For a guy that hates gunshows in general, I was proud of myself today.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 3:31:13 PM EDT
[#1]
good show old boy
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 3:43:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I went to the gunshow at Big Town today and made out like a bandit.

I sold my complete, preban, Olympic [b]upper with a 3 position collapsible stock (minus the recoil spring and buffer,[/b] I kept them for my parts collection/spares) for 300 cash.

View Quote

Huh?!
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 3:49:23 PM EDT
[#3]
upper w/ a stock? hmmm..
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 6:41:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Well done - I take it that was the upper I looked at?
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 7:01:24 PM EDT
[#5]
It's probably American Eagle brass and will split the case when you shoot it. Who snickered who? he he [stick]
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 8:17:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 6:25:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup, that was the one.  You fall under the category of "someone I know and trust."  John at K2 was the other trustee.

To clarify what I sold for those that were corn-fuzed:

Upper was complete (bolt, charging handle etc.)  It was sold with a 3 position collapsible stock that did not have the recoil spring or buffer.  I had the upper in one hand, and the stock in my other, they were not attached to each other.

Mattja, it is a mixed bag of reloaed 5.56.  It ain't the prettiest, shiniest 5.56 I have ever seen, but it is working fine so far.

Mojo, you got it!  Talk about cheap blasting ammo!

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 8:47:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup, that was the one.  You fall under the category of "someone I know and trust."  John at K2 was the other trustee.

TheRedGoat
View Quote

Ah gee [:I] I'm honored.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 10:13:17 AM EDT
[#9]
I would think a complete upper with bolt and a collapsable stock is a good deal at $300.

A dealer is likely to re-sell the upper for $350 and the stock for another $50 or so.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 10:44:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I would think a complete upper with bolt and a collapsable stock is a good deal at $300.

A dealer is likely to re-sell the upper for $350 and the stock for another $50 or so.
View Quote

I am glad to see that you believe the dealer should be allowed to make a dollar or two.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 4:53:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Judging from the evaluation of my upper given by gunrunner and John, a very critical(ouch!), but honest assesment of what I could expect to sell it for, I am certain that 350.00 is tops for what a dealer can re-sell the upper for.  And he would be more likely to sell it for parts.

TheRedGoat

Besides, after selling the upper, I went back to K2 and looked at a custom upper for my Bushie carbine.  DPMS 16" bull barrel, free float handguard, gas block with sight rails, flattop upper, flattop gas tube, etc.  Assembled and headspaced for 379.00

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top