Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2002 9:53:49 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 9:55:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Probably just showing off (on top of being naturally stupid).
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 10:01:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Banks give out large bills.

Small bills are more useful - I love having exact change so I can leave my tab on the table at a resturant and walk - keeps me from having to wait another 15 minutes for the server to collect my check and return with change.

I will often use larger bills looking to get change.

I wouldn't have gotten pissed off at getting $5 and $1's, since she had to expect it with a $100 bill and a $7 tab.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 10:05:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 10:06:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Hawkeye,

I used to have a huge problem with that when I worked for Domino's.  People would try and use us like an after hours bank.  A lot of them don't even have bank accounts.  They would cash their check at the local grocery store, who would of course give them large bills so as to not deplete their small bill supply for the weekend.  Then they come to us, order an eight dollar pizza, and whip out that $100, even with three signs in plain viewing stating we don't accept bills larger than $20.  The "customer is always right" attitude has gone way too far these days.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 10:09:32 AM EDT
[#5]
>Are people really that stupid naturally or do some have to just work at it??<

Yes, to both parts of the question.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 10:12:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 10:14:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Banks give out large bills.

Small bills are more useful - I love having exact change so I can leave my tab on the table at a resturant and walk - keeps me from having to wait another 15 minutes for the server to collect my check and return with change.

I will often use larger bills looking to get change.

I wouldn't have gotten pissed off at getting $5 and $1's, since she had to expect it with a $100 bill and a $7 tab.
View Quote

I say give her the change in pennies next time.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 10:17:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Was there a sign out that said " no bills larger ____????" If there wasn't ....move along please,nothing to see here....
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 10:26:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Maybe the 100 bill was counterfeit.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 10:26:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 10:45:42 AM EDT
[#11]
You're lucky it was Publix and not Kash and Karry (Kash and Trash), or Winn Dixie (Winn Dickme)- most of the cashiers at those places would have told her to kiss their ass.  

Publix and Goodings are the only two decent stores in this part of FL, all the other places are dirty and usually filled with dirty nasty folks.  

My Publix near Tampa has a sign that says "Bills must be $50 or smaller."  You need to go to the customer service desk to use a c-note, so idiots, like that lady you met, don't screw the other customers.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top