Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/21/2008 4:30:40 PM EDT
To me Florida is a lot like CA,NJ and NY yet they have some of the best gun laws in the country. I'm clueless, you would expect a state that has so many "heterosexuals" and big cities and "proud to be democrat" types to be extremely anti-gun like Ca and NJ. Not shitting on Florida in any way, I'm just in the dark about the place.

Anyway keep it up guys

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:31:18 PM EDT
It's because I am here, that's all. Thank you.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:32:18 PM EDT
Florida isn't anything like those states.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:32:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Rosenrot:
To me Florida is a lot like CA,NJ and NY yet they have some of the best gun laws in the country. I'm clueless, you would expect a state that has so many "heterosexuals" and big cities and "proud to be democrat" types to be extremely anti-gun like Ca and NJ. Not shitting on Florida in any way, I'm just in the dark about the place.

Anyway keep it up guys

Where the hell do you get that from?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:33:39 PM EDT

Originally Posted By capnrob97:

Anyway keep it up guys

I don't think he's ever been here.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:34:58 PM EDT

Anyway keep it up guys

No kidding.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:35:22 PM EDT

Anyway keep it up guys

wtf you smoking? the only shit hole is Miami/Dade and they don't/can't vote. the rest of the state is normal, also we don't have any big cities, its almost all suburban and rural.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:35:39 PM EDT
Florida is in the South.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:36:08 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:36:21 PM EDT
The yankee transplants live mainly in South Florida, on the coasts. That leaves a whole lot of Florida for true Floridians.

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:36:29 PM EDT
We don't put up with too much of that liberal, sissy metrosexual fag boy shit here. It exists, but we don't let it get out of hand.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:36:58 PM EDT
Do you know what a "heterosexual" is?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:38:16 PM EDT
Florida is actually a pretty conservative state. We've had mainly republican leadership for a while. If we could get rid of Miami and Palm Beach a dem would never have a prayer here.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:40:30 PM EDT

To me Florida is a lot like CA,NJ and NY yet they have some of the best gun laws in the country. I'm clueless, you would expect a state that has so many "heterosexuals"

Yeah, it sucks that we have so many heterosexuals...
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:42:09 PM EDT
What everyone else said.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:42:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/21/2008 4:44:40 PM EDT by badfish274]

"heterosexuals"

We really need to do something about the heterosexual problem in this state.

ETA:

2004:

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:42:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Tekka:
Florida isn't anything like those states.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:42:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DV8:
We don't put up with too much of that liberal, sissy metrosexual fag boy shit here. It exists, but we don't let it get out of hand.

+1

Don't think he's ever lived here.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:43:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/21/2008 4:44:03 PM EDT by DSVET91]
Have you even been to Florida?

The only shitty part is extreme south Florida...North Florida and the Panhandle are full of good ole boys that like to hunt and fish and don't take any shit from yankees, fags and do goody liberals.

My dad lives near Lake City and my wife is from Pensacola some of the best folks you'll ever get to know live in them parts of Florida.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:45:25 PM EDT

I dont understand Florida...

You certainly don't.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:47:21 PM EDT
North Florida is very Southern and very conservative. As you go south (and some spots are worse than others) it gets more yankeefied.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:51:48 PM EDT
I met to say "Metrosexual" not "heterosexuals."

I don't know, in general when you look at the map states that have the the big cities usually have a lot of gun control Florida being the exception.

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:53:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TheNamelessOne:

Anyway keep it up guys

wtf you smoking? the only shit hole is Miami/Dade and they don't/can't vote. the rest of the state is normal, also we don't have any big cities, its almost all suburban and rural.

In other words, we might be the most boring state EVER.

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:54:32 PM EDT
Unfortunately, I think a lot of the country's sole experience of Florida is 'Borlando'
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:56:37 PM EDT

I don't know, in general when you look at the map states that have the the big cities usually have a lot of gun control Florida being the exception.

*puts on his fancy donna karen jeans and his paisley dress shirt*
I'm a metrosexual. You got a problem with that?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:57:22 PM EDT
Sounds like your judging Florida from the tourist locations you may or may not have been to. For the majority of the state, your assessment could not be more wrong.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:57:27 PM EDT

Unfortunately, I think a lot of the country's sole experience of Florida is 'Borlando'

I don't go to Orlando often, but that place rocks. Its far less boring then other parts of the state.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:58:36 PM EDT
I like Florida, I am gonna move down there in a few years. The good gun laws is a bonus. :D
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:00:04 PM EDT

Anyway keep it up guys

Dude, FL is like 4 states in one. N.FL is like GA, NW.FL is like AL, C.FL is sort of a cross between yankee and Southern, sort of middle ground. S.FL is like Cuba... Though you could sub divide S.FL, East v. West.

NW FL is Republican as hell and the friggin Dem's hate it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:00:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/21/2008 5:02:04 PM EDT by LARRYG]

Anyway keep it up guys

While I don't agree with the OP, I think Jacksonville qualifies as a big city as does Tampa. And personally, I think Jacksonville is kind of a shithole.

Don't get me wrong, but I have to disagree with you on that.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:02:43 PM EDT

Anyway keep it up guys

Probably not. As a New Yorker who spend a lot of time in Florida, I can say that FL is nothing like NY.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:04:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By LARRYG:

Anyway keep it up guys

While I don't agree with the OP, I think Jacksonville qualifies as a big city as does Tampa. And personally, I think Jacksonville is kind of a shithole.

Jax is a shithole, but its not a liberal shithole.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:06:14 PM EDT

Anyway keep it up guys

In other words, we might be the most boring state EVER. [://

yeah no kidding nothing ever happens in Florida I think the circus even skips over us. the 2000 election was the biggest thing ever to happen to us since Disney
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:07:19 PM EDT

At least you probably smell a lot better than a hippie.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:11:00 PM EDT
Where did you get that information?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:12:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By LARRYG:

Jacksonville isn't a big city. Its an endless backwater small town that wants to pretend its the biggest most important city ever. The reality is its just a shithole full of crackheads and retards.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:13:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 45-Longslide:

At least you probably smell a lot better than a hippie.

I'm glad you enjoy the smell of Old Spice and Tom's of Maine deodorant.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:16:48 PM EDT

Jacksonville isn't a big city. Its an endless backwater small town that wants to pretend its the biggest most important city ever. The reality is its just a shithole full of crackheads and retards.

Technically, Jax is the biggest city in the US (land wise).

It has a massive amount of land.

The southside is not bad, but the westside and northside are rough.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:19:08 PM EDT

Its really weird. I live on Southside, but prefer the Westside. I know its more rough, but it honestly seems more sane then the Southside.... I might just be surrounded by too many old biddies, crackheads, and soccer moms in this area though.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:35:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DSVET91:
Have you even been to Florida?

The only shitty part is extreme south Florida...North Florida and the Panhandle are full of good ole boys that like to hunt and fish and don't take any shit from yankees, fags and do goody liberals.

My dad lives near Lake City and my wife is from Pensacola some of the best folks you'll ever get to know live in them parts of Florida.

What he said.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:36:28 PM EDT

The beaches is the best area IMO
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:37:02 PM EDT

Its really weird. I live on Southside, but prefer the Westside. I know its more rough, but it honestly seems more sane then the Southside.... I might just be surrounded by too many old biddies, crackheads, and soccer moms in this area though.

Grew up on the Westside.
Boy it has gone to Hell.....
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:37:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/21/2008 5:40:18 PM EDT by BKC1869]
A few things about Florida.

1. We are nowhere near like CA, NY, or NJ. Florida's roots are in the South and that is why we have great Gun Laws. We are much closer to TX in our identity than either of those states. Texas is more populous than FL, has bigger cities, and great gun laws like FL also. Just think of us as Texas with a more tropical feel.

2. The vast majority of the Liberal's in this state are in South Florida. The rest of the state is fairly conservative, especially the Panhandle.

3. No matter where you go in FL there is a large Redneck contingent, even in Miami-Dade you will find them. After all as I stated in # 1. Florida is in the South. They serve to keep FL attached to it's roots. The day they all gone is the day we become like the states you mentioned. Thankfully that will never happen.

4. There is alot more to FL than Big Cities and Beaches. If you dare to venture away from the Beach and the Theme Parks there is alot to see in this State. There are alot of rural areas that are very small town and filled with good down to earth people and alot of beautiful scenery and wildlife.

5. We are overran with people from the Northeast who bring with them their liberal ways and ideas. This helps to create an image that we are more liberal. Especially in the cities as these people only migrate to the cities. Don't judge Florida by the company we keep that won't leave.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:39:34 PM EDT
Although we don't always claim ti, Florida is in the South.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:39:40 PM EDT

Anyway keep it up guys

Not nearly as many democraps as you may think... most everyone I know here is on the conservative side, there are places.. West Palm, Boca.. some other cities where the dems converge.. they have to form their own pockets of supporters around them to survive here. sad really.

Most of them came from those asshole states you already mentioned.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:41:25 PM EDT
I speculate that alot of old people retiring there infuse some common sense.This will change as dementia sets in and the left takes over.Then it will become more like Ny & Ca.

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:44:54 PM EDT

figures..
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:16:14 PM EDT

Westside's the Bestside
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:18:27 PM EDT
Grew up on the Westside.
Boy it has gone to Hell.....

Wesconnett 4 me.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:55:59 PM EDT

Anyway keep it up guys

Well like he mentioned in the first line he's clueless. You could stop right there and not need anymore info.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:56:36 PM EDT
It's in the south, that's why.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top