Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2012 4:30:55 PM EDT
I feel so inadequate... I have a S&W M&P with a Eotech, works great!

Well, when shooting in the summer the rail gets so hot it's impossible to hold, I feel a foregrip would be handy, but after going to the gun show and feeling all of the shitty plastic ones, I'm not sure what is good... I'd like something that will either fold, or quickly removable.

I'd like to hunt varmint sometime in the near future, and I feel not having a sling trekking around would become burdensome, I see a lot of the single point slings, are those any good? I'd also like to take a tactical training course and want something functional, since I've never slung a weapon I don't really know what works.

I bought some flip up sights some time back, they are different brands and do not co-witness with each other, front is to high even after turning it all the way in. I think they are cheap, I don't remember...

Rail mounted light?? I have a few Fenix flashlights, do they make one that would work well with an AR, is it worth it?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:00:58 PM EDT
[#1]
IME, a single-point sling is fine for AR pistols and SBRs, but it allows a "full-size" rifle to swing around too much when you walk or run. Blackhawk makes a decent 2-point sling at a great price (around $15).

Some of the Fenix lights are OK for rifles - Ideally, you want a model with a "forward clickie" that allows the light to be bumped on momentarily. Also, you probably want to avoid the models that require you to cycle the switch several times to get the brightness up to a usable level.

Personally, I like the Streamlight TLR1 - Very rugged and dependable, and plenty bright for most applications. I mount mine on my ARs with a BLAM (Bayonet Lug Accessory Mount) by Custom Defensive Products.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:08:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
IME, a single-point sling is fine for AR pistols and SBRs, but it allows a "full-size" rifle to swing around too much when you walk or run. Blackhawk makes a decent 2-point sling at a great price (around $15).
Some of the Fenix lights are OK for rifles - Ideally, you want a model with a "forward clickie" that allows the light to be bumped on momentarily. Also, you probably want to avoid the models that require you to cycle the switch several times to get the brightness up to a usable level.

Personally, I like the Streamlight TLR1 - Very rugged and dependable, and plenty bright for most applications. I mount mine on my ARs with a BLAM (Bayonet Lug Accessory Mount) by Custom Defensive Products.

At the risk of coming off as a gear snob, There are certain things I wouldn't go cheap on, and a sling is one of them. If your rifle is with you and you're not holding it up, the sling is doin' its job and you don't want something low qualty to possibly fail and drop your rifle.

Do look into the VCAS by Vickers/Blue Force EGar, or BFG's SOC C SLing system. Great stuff. There aremany high quality slings out there (single points, 2 points, some are able to configure into either) such as GEar sector, Magpul's MS1/2/3, etc.

The Tlr 1 is good to go, as well

Iron sights: Magpul make excellent cost effective sights, and Troy has set the standard for flipups.

As for your handgaurds, consider either shooting with a glove on your secondary hand, or maybe some KAC rail panels.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top