Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2009 4:03:29 PM EDT
But I just don't spend as much time "polishing my bore" when I go to the range as I used to.  It used to be nothing for me to shoot 500-600+ rounds each time I went to the range.  Now I go and shoot 2-4 30 rd AR mags and 6-9 13 rd .45 mags and pack it in.  

Part of it is the fact that all I can find in town is $23/50ct Magtech boxes of .45 FMJ or $29 Winchester .45 JHP, part of it is the whole "make every shot count, even in training."

Either way, I have taken a step towards becoming a wizened old geyser, methinks.

Anyone else see this happening to themselves?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:05:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I just don't like going to the range anymore because of the people there. Summer or deer season= crap load of people.

And have not fired 1 round of my .308 in about 3 months b/c of the $$ to replace.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:12:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I almost went shooting yesterday.

I thought about packing up the targets and a few firearms and some mags.
Ended up working the compost pile over instead.

I HAVE plenty of ammo.
Just don't want to replace it...
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:16:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I went to a dedicated .22 last year because of ammo prices. I rarely shoot my big stuff anymore unless it's to zero or hunt. Range trips are all about 22 LR these days.

ETA: It hurts me to see this post without my avatar.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:43:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I warmed up my AK acouple months back since I put some new glass on it. Ran about 6 boxes and that was it. Every time I pulled the trigger I could hear a cash register tally up that shot. What a piss off
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:19:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I've never shot more than 100 rounds of ammo during any trip to the range.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:26:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I just ammo canned up another 5K of handgun ammo and 9K of .22. I think I'm done buying for awhile. Hopefully it'll drop in the meantime, if not, I have enough to last a little while.

The best things I've bought lately were .22 conversions for my main shooters.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:35:15 PM EDT
[#7]

I shoot less per range trip, but I still go to the range as often as possible.

I don't generally shoot more than 100 rds/trip anymore.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top