Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/22/2005 5:02:49 PM EDT
You guys have corrupted me.  I can't go anywhere anymore with out having a mental stigma of things said here.  Keep in mind that I've gotten less than 10 hours of sleep in the last 3 days.  I handle things much differently when I'm sleep deprived.

I was at McDonalds today with my little boy ordering lunch.  Now my little boy is a picky eater.  I usually do not cater to that but since he's hurt I went ahead and let him slide and ordered his favorite meal, which is a grill cheese sandwich, fries and milk.  Now mind you McD's does not have Grilled Cheese on their menu.  What they do have is the ability to leave the burger off the cheeseburger.  

Now we all know that your typical rocket scientist does not work at McDonalds but after the initial shock of "You don't want the burger on your cheese burger?" wears off - its a relatively simple request.  However with that said, sadly Wyatt has less than a 50% chance of getting his order correctly.

I know all of this.  I'm prepared for it and I truly am a patient person.  

So we made our order with Betty and I walked Betty through the whole "He only wants the bun and the cheese" routine and I tossed in a joke to ease the tension.  Bad mistake, it was just enough to distract Betty from putting in the order for the special "wink wink" Burger.  

We got our order and sure enough Wyatt had a typical Cheese Burger.  No problem we were both visiting and having a good time munching on his fries, I just sent it back reminding Betty that we didn't want the burger.  

Betty took it back and disappeared.  Well after 10-15 minutes I went looking for my little guys grilled cheese sandwich.  Its no where to be found.  So they make him another one.

When that was ready, Betty reappeared very apologetically explaining that it was her break and she forgot to give the order before leaving for her break and apologized profusely for her error.  About this time ARFCOM popped in my head and I swear on a stack of bibles the thought "Chuck Norris would be giving you a powerhouse kick to the head if you screwed up his order" went through my head.  I seriously had to stifle a laugh!  But it gets worse, just then Betty says, "Would you please take one of my cherry or apple pies since you were so patient?"  I couldn't help myself.  I started laughing.  I shook my head no and said finally belted out the words "No thank you"

But Betty was persistent.  "Please?  They're really good!"  

I was nearly on the floor laughing by then.  Still insistent no thank you.  She pleaded one last time {I'm sure she thought I was a Looney bin from laughing like that} I finally said "NO THANK YOU, I DON"T EAT PIE BETTY!"

Poor Betty, she was so dejected.  So I let her give Wyatt an ice cream cone.  I literally had tears running down my checks.  Even Wyatt thought it was funny.  Of course he had no idea why.
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 5:08:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd have just eaten the pie.
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 5:10:53 PM EDT
[#2]
<Image removed per BOTD rules-- Defcon>

Just so I know what rule was being broken there,,  no skin, no dirty joke, no offensive behavior?  Not complaining just want to know.
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 5:11:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 11/22/2005 5:17:00 PM EDT
[#4]
It's official Patty, you're riding the arfcom insane train with the rest of us loonies.
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 5:19:20 PM EDT
[#5]
TRY IT.................YOU'LL LIKE IT!!
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 5:20:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It's official Patty, you're riding the arfcom insane train with the rest of us loonies.

Nice sigline Dave!  I think I need a patch......but then I would be a pirate....Aaarrraaayhh!  I'ms seriously going to get a full night's sleep tonight.
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 5:21:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I hope you weren't wearing your Hooters outfit
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 5:22:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

+1.

Fat_McNasty had a thread IIRC where he was at a pizza shop, the guy asked if F_McN had any plans for the weekend...

and he said...

wait for it...

wait for it...

Hookers and blow.

I kid you not.  I read it with my own 2 eyes.  
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 5:22:21 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I hope you weren't wearing your Hooters outfit

Link Posted: 11/22/2005 5:24:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 5:25:13 PM EDT
[#11]
ROFL!!!

GOOD ONE!!

GR
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 5:25:27 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice sigline Dave!  I think I need a patch......but then I would be a pirate....Aaarrraaayhh!  I'ms seriously going to get a full night's sleep tonight.

No your not! Your going to end up in chat till the wee Hrs of the morning! I know you!

Yup Hooker and blow! That kids face was price less!
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 5:27:03 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No your not! Your going to end up in chat till the wee Hrs of the morning! I know you!

Yup Hooker and blow! That kids face was price less!

I'll see ya at 9 Fat man!  Seriously, we're going to give Oregon a bad name McNasty!
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 5:28:19 PM EDT
[#14]

I like pie!
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 5:28:22 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Click me for Fat_McNasty's thread

Hysterical Deej!
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 5:29:45 PM EDT
[#16]
You passed up the offer of cherry pie?  Damn.  
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 5:49:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Patty, your killing me here!!!! Try the pie, trust me you'll love it!!! (sorry couldn't help myself).......I'll be over there standing in the corner....
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 5:52:11 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Patty, your killing me here!!!! Try the pie, trust me you'll love it!!! (sorry couldn't help myself).......I'll be over there standing in the corner....

Even if I wasn't dieting, I wouldn't be eating Betty's PIE
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 5:55:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Chuck Norris would have eaten the pie.
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 6:00:26 PM EDT
[#20]
I'll admit it, since ARFCOM, I'm tainted w/ Chuch Norris, pie, allumiunium foil, zombies, buffing it out, etc...
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 6:02:12 PM EDT
[#21]
28 years ago I worked at McDonalds for 5 months.  We used to make grilled cheese sandwiches for ourselves all the time.

They had these bun toasters...the buns would be opened up and put on a tray face up.  once the buns were in the toaster, we would pull a handle down which would bring the hot surface into contact with the bun face.

We found that you could put a bunch of cheese in an unopened bun and then put it in the bun toaster...it would get smashed and toasted.  They were great!

The managers didn't like it because it would make the customer's hamburger buns stick and burn in the toaster.

We also made Big Macs out of Quarter Pounder Meat.

We made sloppy joes out of the broken burger meat, ketchup, and onions.

The manager once made a cake out of pancake mix.

I'm sure the bun toasters no longer exist.
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 6:05:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Did it look like Betty had a sweet, fresh, pie?

...or had it been under the heat lamp too long?
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 6:08:58 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Chuck Norris would have eaten the pie.

And then given it a roundhouse kick.
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 6:12:47 PM EDT
[#24]
 you made her feel bad.  Next time, eat Betty's Pie.  
I've been using the line "Hookers & Blow" with some close business colleges.  
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 6:15:41 PM EDT
[#25]
You should have  Chuck Norris her pie.Then buffed it out. But in ARFCOM tradtion between the " Cherry Pie and the Apple pie ", you should have taken her up and gotten both. Pie is good. One of the four food groups. Without pie ?? Why are we here????? WarDawg
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 6:20:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Who's Judy?
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 6:21:11 PM EDT
[#27]
.... Dang Patty, I felt a bit aroused just reading this thread?
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 6:22:43 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
You should have  Chuck Norris her pie.Then buffed it out. But in ARFCOM tradtion between the " Cherry Pie and the Apple pie ", you should have taken her up and gotten both. Pie is good. One of the four food groups. Without pie ?? Why are we here????? WarDawg

Pie, it's not just for dessert anymore!
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 4:22:44 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
.... Dang Patty, I felt a bit aroused just reading this thread?

lol Wolfy, that's just wrong for so many reasons!
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 8:30:02 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I finally said "NO THANK YOU, I DON"T EAT PIE BETTY!"

All women are only 3 drinks away from eating pie.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 8:32:25 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

After 3 drinks if I get desperate I can usually find a man.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 11:48:13 AM EDT
[#32]
You just didn't have enough drinks yet .
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 12:00:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Given the choice, I take cherry pie every time.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 12:01:33 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL there is always B.O.B. He is always ready!
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 12:07:29 PM EDT
[#35]
I used the "hookers and blow" line at work last week. Was very popular.

Last week, we passed an accident on the highway.  The side of some guy's SUV got really waffled.  As we inched past my son, who is 10, turns to me, looks me in the eye and says...
Wait for it...
"That'll buff out."
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 12:09:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Sooooooo..........what did Betty's pie look like???
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 12:13:55 PM EDT
[#37]
It's hard getting Pie much less discovering Pie that is "cherry"

I'da ate it 2x
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 12:15:33 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My wife has had 3 drinks or more on many occasions and she has never wanted to eat pie at least not the type that your thinking of....

Where do you meet these women and where were they when I was dating
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 12:16:59 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My wife has had 3 drinks or more on many occasions and she has never wanted to eat pie at least not the type that your thinking of....

Where do you meet these women and where were they when I was dating

Try bigger drinks.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 12:19:56 PM EDT
[#40]

15 to 20 pages.

I don't eat pie, Betty

Patty, thanks for the laugh today!

Link Posted: 11/23/2005 12:21:42 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

??
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 12:22:37 PM EDT
[#42]
pattymcn  

Call me next time.  I'll take Betty's pie, if she gives it away free.    

Link Posted: 11/23/2005 12:25:10 PM EDT
[#43]
How about a liter of cola?
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 12:30:23 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

??

www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=B.O.B.

I believe defination one is where he was going there.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 12:32:09 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
28 years ago I worked at McDonalds for 5 months.  We used to make grilled cheese sandwiches for ourselves all the time.

They had these bun toasters...the buns would be opened up and put on a tray face up.  once the buns were in the toaster, we would pull a handle down which would bring the hot surface into contact with the bun face.

We found that you could put a bunch of cheese in an unopened bun and then put it in the bun toaster...it would get smashed and toasted.  They were great!

The managers didn't like it because it would make the customer's hamburger buns stick and burn in the toaster.

We also made Big Macs out of Quarter Pounder Meat.

We made sloppy joes out of the broken burger meat, ketchup, and onions.

The manager once made a cake out of pancake mix.

I'm sure the bun toasters no longer exist.

I worked at a DQ for 3 years while in highschool, we'd do the same thing.  We actually invented a sandwitch we made for ourselves, and named it the Biatch (not sure why) but when we weren't working, we'd some times come in and order a Biatch, the people working would know what we ment, and make it for us.  It even spread to other DQs the 3 DQs in town, you could go in and order a Biatch and they would know what you ment and would make it for you.  We also made grilled cheeses as well, we'd fry them on the burger grill, the grease would add alot of flavor, they were reallly good.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 12:35:29 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I'll admit it, since ARFCOM, I'm tainted w/ Chuch Norris, pie, allumiunium foil, zombies, buffing it out, etc...

Is it just me, or does a sentence with taint and Chuck Norris make me shudder.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 12:36:23 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

??

www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=B.O.B.

I believe defination one is where he was going there.

Boy that's a whole new level of ugly.  

[coyoteuglywoman] "I'm so ugly, I've got to get my dildo drunk before I can turn it on" [/coyoteuglywoman]
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 12:55:16 PM EDT
[#48]
McDonald's now uses a "drop toaster"m you drop the bun in the top, crown and heel seperated by a divider, the toasting elements are in the middle, and the toasted buns drop out the bottom.

The McD's I had my short stay at earlier this year, we were told to do the grilled cheese sandwiches by dropping the bun in the right way, then back again "inside out", so that the top and bottom faces of the bun face the toasting elements the second time, then when actually making the sandwiche, the outside faces of the bread are put facing in with the cheese inside.  That way the white toasted parts of the bread was on the outside.

It was a P.I.T.A.

My favorite sandwich I created, was the Big McChicken..... makiing a Big Mac, but substituting two McChicken patties for the two beef patties.

No Expert

... and I always ate the pie.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 1:13:03 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
You guys have corrupted me.  I can't go anywhere anymore with out having a mental stigma of things said here.  Keep in mind that I've gotten less than 10 hours of sleep in the last 3 days.  I handle things much differently when I'm sleep deprived.

I was at McDonalds today with my little boy ordering lunch.  Now my little boy is a picky eater.  I usually do not cater to that but since he's hurt I went ahead and let him slide and ordered his favorite meal, which is a grill cheese sandwich, fries and milk.  Now mind you McD's does not have Grilled Cheese on their menu.  What they do have is the ability to leave the burger off the cheeseburger.  

Now we all know that your typical rocket scientist does not work at McDonalds but after the initial shock of "You don't want the burger on your cheese burger?" wears off - its a relatively simple request.  However with that said, sadly Wyatt has less than a 50% chance of getting his order correctly.

I know all of this.  I'm prepared for it and I truly am a patient person.  

So we made our order with Betty and I walked Betty through the whole "He only wants the bun and the cheese" routine and I tossed in a joke to ease the tension.  Bad mistake, it was just enough to distract Betty from putting in the order for the special "wink wink" Burger.  

We got our order and sure enough Wyatt had a typical Cheese Burger.  No problem we were both visiting and having a good time munching on his fries, I just sent it back reminding Betty that we didn't want the burger.  

Betty took it back and disappeared.  Well after 10-15 minutes I went looking for my little guys grilled cheese sandwich.  Its no where to be found.  So they make him another one.

When that was ready, Betty reappeared very apologetically explaining that it was her break and she forgot to give the order before leaving for her break and apologized profusely for her error.  About this time ARFCOM popped in my head and I swear on a stack of bibles the thought "Chuck Norris would be giving you a powerhouse kick to the head if you screwed up his order" went through my head.  I seriously had to stifle a laugh!  But it gets worse, just then Betty says, "Would you please take one of my cherry or apple pies since you were so patient?"  I couldn't help myself.  I started laughing.  I shook my head no and said finally belted out the words "No thank you"

But Betty was persistent.  "Please?  They're really good!"  

I was nearly on the floor laughing by then.  Still insistent no thank you.  She pleaded one last time {I'm sure she thought I was a Looney bin from laughing like that} I finally said "NO THANK YOU, I DON"T EAT PIE BETTY!"

Poor Betty, she was so dejected.  So I let her give Wyatt an ice cream cone.  I literally had tears running down my checks.  Even Wyatt thought it was funny.  Of course he had no idea why.

funny even funnier if you said I dont want to eat your pie and she had caught on to what you meant. sides maybe her pie is good dont know till you try it?
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 1:25:33 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I used the "hookers and blow" line at work last week. Was very popular.

Last week, we passed an accident on the highway.  The side of some guy's SUV got really waffled.  As we inched past my son, who is 10, turns to me, looks me in the eye and says...
Wait for it...
"That'll buff out."

Please tell me it was a Hummer 2?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top