Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/25/2003 6:20:43 PM EDT
It caught me off guard! Not once, but twice! [:D]

I'm a transplant, but I take comfort knowing a great majority of the defenders of the Alamo were transplants too.

I was on the phone working with a large client, can't say who but it's a good bet you have spent at least one night under their roof as a guest, when a fella asked me where I was located.  I told him I'm in Austin, and he replied "I knew you weren't from around here" (he is located in Braintree, MA, and they are normaly serviced by our facility in Frazer, PA) " because your polite and way too helpful.  Thanks [b]Tex[/b]!".  

I was dumbfounded.  I couldn't believe my ears.

About 90 minutes later my phone rings, and I answered, "Network Ops, this is David, how can I help you?".  It's was the same fella.  "[b]Tex[/b]!  I didn't think those people would ever get me in touch with you.  I was wondering if you could tell me..."

I couldn't help it, I started chuckling.  He wasn't being a smartass about it so I guess it was a complement of sorts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top