Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 3/31/2006 12:39:20 PM EDT
...but if you're the division of a company tasked with making OEM parts for the cars that the company used to manufacture, then could you please fucking try and fucking make the fucking retention fucking prongs on the ass end of your mother fucking windshield wiper switch a little fucking smaller than the mother fucking holes on the fucking wiring harness that this piece of shit windshield wiper switch plugs into? I've fucking spent 2 1/2 fucking weeks looking for the fucking part to fix the mother fucking windshield wipers on my fucking car, and when I finally find the little son of a bitch they send me one where the retention prongs won't fit in the mother fucking holes.

It's a little frustrating.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:41:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By motown_steve:
...but if you're the division of a company tasked with making OEM parts for the cars that the company used to manufacture, then could you please fucking try and fucking make the fucking retention fucking prongs on the ass end of your mother fucking windshield wiper switch a little fucking smaller than the mother fucking holes on the fucking wiring harness that this piece of shit windshield wiper switch plugs into? I've fucking spent 2 1/2 fucking weeks looking for the fucking part to fix the mother fucking windshield wipers on my fucking car, and when I finally find the little son of a bitch they send me one where the retention prongs won't fit in the mother fucking holes.

Just a little?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:05:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By motown_steve:

I see that.

EXcellent rant.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:11:51 PM EDT
From a thread the other day, it seems that Tony Montana had the same problem.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:14:25 PM EDT
Are you familiar with the "F" word? You should really incorporate it into your vocabulary.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:18:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/31/2006 1:20:00 PM EDT by M4]
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:27:41 PM EDT
Not a mechanic are you?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:34:31 PM EDT
And they wonder why the work is going overseas..... DUH!!!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:37:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By quijanos:
Not a mechanic are you?

How did you guess?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:40:05 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:41:18 PM EDT
Just out of curiosity, was the part made in MEXICO?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:44:20 PM EDT
Great Rant!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:49:22 PM EDT
Bravo! (golf clap)
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:54:46 PM EDT
You sounds just like my uncle.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:57:36 PM EDT
What kind of fine automobile we be talkin about...?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:26:37 PM EDT
Well done, bro !

Just a thought... Can you remove the connector half from the OLD (busted) part and put it onto the new part ? Usually the pin retaining tabs holding the woring into the connector body are just little flat tabs you can push down with a paperclip, to get the wire to release.....

Your most eloquent rantage completely left me with a boggle of mind though Was it the switch itself, that was bad ?

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:02:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Noname:
What kind of fine automobile we be talkin about...?

'79 Lincoln Continental
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:05:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/31/2006 6:13:55 PM EDT by motown_steve]

Originally Posted By JB69:
Well done, bro !

Just a thought... Can you remove the connector half from the OLD (busted) part and put it onto the new part ? Usually the pin retaining tabs holding the woring into the connector body are just little flat tabs you can push down with a paperclip, to get the wire to release.....

No. The two parts are pressed together and if you take the back off the whole thing falls to pieces. That's what happened to the old one, the back fell off and the innards spilled out.

I had to take a flat head screw driver and a hammer and chisel the retaining prongs off the back. The contacts hold it on plenty tight and there is a clip on the bottom to keep the contacts from coming loose. I don't know what the fuck they put those little plastic dicks on there for, but the pissed me off in the process.

Was it the switch itself, that was bad ?

Yes, the switch was bad. I hit the button to squirt wiper fluid on the windshield and the back half fell off. Not too happy about that. So, I put the new switch on, turned it on and the fucking windshield wipers went to the top position and stayed there. It does squirt washer fluid now though. The linkage must be fucked up, or the windshield washer motor shit the bed. One of the two. I'm taking it in to the fucking mechanic on Monday. Have him fix the windshield wipers, fix the fucking license plate lamp (State of Texas won't let you drive without a license plate lamp, and the wires are cut, stripped and worn to hell on mine) and start the paint job. 3 weeks I should have a brand fucking new car.
Top Top