Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/28/2013 5:50:57 AM EDT

update: my occasional disgruntledness is not nor should be cause to act like an asshole around another AFSC who myself or my coworkers don't necessarily always like or get along with.

stuff like this shit really kills the image that I am pretty damn good at my job, I'm better than this kind of petty bullshit and should know how to handle myself better at times even when I am beyond annoyed and burned out.

pretty bad on my part when as a fucking NCO I'm acting like a fucking fool. I work to hard at being good at my job to pull this shit.

so yeah, now I feel like a complete douche
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:02:47 AM EDT
[#1]
TL;DR but answer is yes.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:05:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd say harassing people that are working for a living and just doing their job is being a jerk.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:06:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Yep
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:07:03 AM EDT
[#4]
How's that working out for you? Being clever.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:08:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Yup you are.  Go be a dick to people that don't work for a living.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:09:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd say harassing people that are working for a living and just doing their job is being a jerk.
View Quote

Official catch-phrase of The New World Order.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:10:16 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I didn't realize the security guy at the parking garage was part of the NWO.  I'll have to keep an eye on him.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:10:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:11:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:11:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, because Aircraft Mechanics are so bad-ass
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:12:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Don't be a dick.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:13:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
any time I interact with Security Forces, especially around any of them that seem REALLY gung-ho about their job, I tell them VERY sarcastically that I as well as America am proud of their service guarding whatever, checking my car, line badge, ID etc. Also that by doing this that they have single handedly won the war on terror and have kept the "godless Communist heathens" and "good ole' Hadji Habib" from winning, and that they're doing a beyond phenomenal job of defending Airpower and generating Freedom

I'm probably an asshole for doing this but I really try to go after their "ate up" TSgts and MSgts.
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:13:46 AM EDT
[#13]
I just say "Have a nice day" and carry on.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:14:42 AM EDT
[#14]
At least the security guards you run into are actually trying to look at your ID badge. I had one that ignored it as I tried to get her to look at it (a fine upstanding member of the capitol police), she was more worried about why my car didn't have emission/safety inspection stickers than if I had a badge for the gate I was trying to get through
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:15:42 AM EDT
[#15]
it is fucked up that I do it. I guess the reasons behind it are the fact that anytime I have to interact with them are always at instances when I have been or about to pull a 12hr+ day and while its not their fault at all it just seems that when I'm in my some what burned out mode after dealing with a shitty day or week at work, here is some over eager full of piss and vinegar bleeding blue hardass I really don't want to have to deal with.

I know it really makes me look like a douche.

Its weird because its not that I don't give a fuck about my job, I'm proud to be a Crew Chief and work on the BUFF, but the word HOOAH and all of the buzz words and other phrases sound so damn fake to me. I know that after 9+ years I should have grown used to it, but at times I just want to shout bull shit.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:20:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
any time I interact with Security Forces, especially around any of them that seem REALLY gung-ho about their job, I tell them VERY sarcastically that I as well as America am proud of their service guarding whatever, checking my car, line badge, ID etc. Also that by doing this that they have single handedly won the war on terror and have kept the "godless Communist heathens" and "good ole' Hadji Habib" from winning, and that they're doing a beyond phenomenal job of defending Airpower and generating Freedom

I'm probably an asshole for doing this but I really try to go after their "ate up"A1Cs and SRAs TSgts and MSgts.
View Quote

FIFY, I enjoy playing the game with the young chaps myself.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:20:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
it is fucked up that I do it. I guess the reasons behind it are the fact that anytime I have to interact with them are always at instances when I have been or about to pull a 12hr+ day and while its not their fault at all it just seems that when I'm in my some what burned out mode after dealing with a shitty day or week at work, here is some over eager full of piss and vinegar bleeding blue hardass I really don't want to have to deal with.

Its weird because its not that I don't give a fuck about my job, I'm proud to be a Crew Chief and work on the BUFF, but the word HOOAH and all of the buzz words and other phrases sound so damn fake to me. I know that after 9+ years I should have grown used to it, but at times I just want to shout bull shit.
View Quote

Yeah, I find when I'm in the dumps because of my chosen station in life, shitting on others is always the best answer.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:23:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yeah, I find when I'm in the dumps because of my chosen station in life, shitting on others is always the best answer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

true, it does make me look like a douche
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:26:54 AM EDT
[#19]
"Am I a jerk for doing this?"

"Whenever there is any doubt, there is no doubt. That's the first thing they teach you."

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:28:07 AM EDT
[#20]
If you have to ask...
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:29:38 AM EDT
[#21]
It's only appropriate if you do it to a TSA agent.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:29:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
If you have to ask...
View Quote

very true, I actually feel shitty for doing that now.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:35:28 AM EDT
[#23]
I was doing a BPO/PRE this weekend, I was on top of the jet inspecting the dogbone and I heard people in a rather heated conversation.

I get on the ground and the SF truck was behind the jet and the guy was arguing with the guy INSIDE the exhaust to come out and show his line badge...

I'm not partial to being an asshole 99% of the time but really WTF?

Needless to say, I went asshole.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:42:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

This.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Yep.  Fifth post nails it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:56:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Are you sure that "I act like an asshole ....." is an accurate statement?

Isn't there an old saying to the effect that "If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck ........... "?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:12:17 AM EDT
[#26]
Meh...USAF SecFor has some delusional tards in the ranks.

One of them told me he was as well trained as any Army 11B...

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:14:53 AM EDT
[#27]
I will say that at least you recognize that you're being a heel. There's hope for reformation.  

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:21:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Matt45 is spot on in his comment.  We do have a lot of tards that have an over inflated view of our training.  We do a lot of training from Army FMs, but not to the level we should.  Much of our training is watered down and we should go back to the old school days when we actually trained with the Army.  I don't see it happening anytime soon though.  

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:23:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
We do have a lot of tards that have an over inflated view of our training.  
View Quote

You say that like every other AFSC/MOS doesn't have plenty of tards, too.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:27:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Nevermind, I'm too tired to post intelligently.  Or at least on topic.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:31:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

why do I get the suspicion that what you are describing isnt really what makes you "look like a douche"?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:33:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

babiegrace1

Quit being a douche, and harass some FSA
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:33:28 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

why do I get the suspicion that what you are describing isnt really what makes you "look like a douche"?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

how do you mean?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:35:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Its all fun-n-games until Hadji sneaks through the wire and blows up 6 jets and a squadron commander like they did at Camp Bastion.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:37:11 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Its all fun-n-games until Hadji sneaks through the wire and blows up 6 jets and a squadron commander like they did at Camp Bastion.
View Quote

very true
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:42:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Yes you are.  Surprised you haven't been lit up yet.  Sounds like it's time to move on to the civilian world; military isn't for everyone.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:47:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Yes you are.  Surprised you haven't been lit up yet.  Sounds like it's time to move on to the civilian world; military isn't for everyone.
View Quote

I got lucky in that I haven't yet.

Honestly now looking back at this, it was pretty damn dumb on my part. I do a damn good job crewing a plane and this really does make me look unprofessional as hell.

I used to have a supervisor who was a jaded cynical prick. I vowed to never be like him, and some days I fear I act like he did
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:51:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Honestly now looking back at this, it was pretty damn dumb on my part. I do a damn good job crewing a plane and this really does make me look unprofessional as hell.

I used to have a supervisor who was a jaded cynical prick. I vowed to never be like him, and some days I fear I act like he did
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One thing we discuss a lot in the SNCO world is being a good role model in everything we do.  Your past supervisor shows the impact we have on our people.  You control your actions and nature, don't take it out on SF.  Even as I climb the rank ladder, I am always very respectful to the lowest ranking person.  Customs and courtesies work both ways.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:59:29 AM EDT
[#39]
are you saying you cannot control yourself from acting like a sullen teenager?

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:07:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

most of the time I bite my lip and "shut up and color" yet every once in a while I act like a dumbass.

Never to anyone in my chain of command, usually its somebody just trying to do their job in a shop that seems is making life in our shop more difficult than it needs to be. It really is never actually the case at all. Usually its directed at any shop other than Crew Chiefs. MPF, Medical, and Cops seem to take the brunt of it from either me or one of coworkers if they get pissed. Like I said I shouldn't do it and it is uncalled for.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:10:49 AM EDT
[#41]
How much leave time do you have?

Time for a vacation, long one. Even if you just stay home and decompress.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:24:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
How much leave time do you have?

Time for a vacation, long one. Even if you just stay home and decompress.
View Quote

whats fucked up is that this year I've taken a decent amount of leave.

with the work schedule this past couple of months, the almost not getting paid due to the shutdown, plus the fact that we had no money for anything to do our jobs is just really starting to aggravate me. Plus I know I'm not the only mid-career guy to start having doubts about staying in. I never thought I'd see this many halfway guys say the hell with it, and now I'm on the fence as well.

I'm going home on leave for Christmas, maybe that will help

God I hate bitching about this shit

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:35:33 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

most of the time I bite my lip and "shut up and color" yet every once in a while I act like a dumbass.

Never to anyone in my chain of command, usually its somebody just trying to do their job in a shop that seems is making life in our shop more difficult than it needs to be. It really is never actually the case at all. Usually its directed at any shop other than Crew Chiefs. MPF, Medical, and Cops seem to take the brunt of it from either me or one of coworkers if they get pissed. Like I said I shouldn't do it and it is uncalled for.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You need a back like an alligator to do my job.

Heavy construction, dealing with the government 95% of the time EPA, DOT, FHWA, you name it

underperforming employees, overbearing empty-suit bosses, payroll, budgets, schedules, marketing

Here's what I've learned:  you enjoy life a lot more if you just accept the fact that people are assholes and that there is a lot of waste and duplicated effort

you just do your best and treat everyone else like you want to be treated yourself

every single cool thing you see, like a A10 attack jet sitting on a runway, that object ruined the life of some project manager somewhere

then he got fired when the project was over and the biggest asshole in company took credit for the jet and got promoted for firing the guy that made it happen

that's how the world works, quit being a baby

giving somebody a hard time for doing their job is a sign that you're not adjusting to adult life well
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:35:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

this..wtf
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:39:11 AM EDT
[#45]
thanks Arfcom, I actually needed this thread

its given me a lot to think about
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:39:18 AM EDT
[#46]
I'll never look at a Mall Cop the same again!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 9:12:24 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We do have a lot of tards that have an over inflated view of our training.  

I am sure they do, but we get a much higher percentage in my opinion.  Just hang around downtown San Antonio on a Friday or Saturday nights and you will see tons of tech school kids wearing "POLICE" tshirts.  If I was in charge of the school house that would be a no go.  They pump these kids so full of bullshit down there it is amazing.  

Most of the idiots get weeded out in their first enlistment, but we still retain enough to make life interesting.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 9:15:08 AM EDT
[#48]
What seems like a more likely scenario. Hadji blowing up another six jets or a jet taking FOD because the mechanic was distracted mid job because he had to show his Line ID for AF rent a cops? I understand doing your job, but there comes a point where it becomes a distraction and in turn a danger.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 9:17:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Is this a unit wide attitude or just you?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 9:18:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Is this a unit wide attitude or just you?
View Quote

honestly a little of both maybe
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top