Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/26/2014 12:25:10 PM EDT

In this thread, you will post something interesting that you did not know before today.

- - - - - - - - - -

Today I learned that when people refer to Wake Island, they are actually referring to an atoll made up up three islands - Wake Island, Wilkes Island and Peale Island.

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 12:27:40 PM EDT
Superfund = CERCLA and what a Record of Decision is.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 12:31:52 PM EDT
I did not know that a person could be made a Mod in a matter of minutes (ie Team Forum).

I thought to be made a mod a person had to create endless hey look at me threads and constantly boast about how much better said forum would be under their control.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 12:33:02 PM EDT
That I would live to see today. Interesting to me.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 12:36:08 PM EDT
DPMS is pretty much known for using modified M-16 hammers that is started it life off as a M-16a2 hammer (can tell by looking at the disc sear on the hammer that protrudes out to the right for a secondary burst disco, while the left hand on the sear if flush with the rest of the hammer), so guess when they ground the auto sear tab off, it left the hammer tail a touch too long and caused the pin to break.

So on that note, check the tail of the trigger and disco for signs that the hammer tail has been tagging either hard, and if find such marks, shorten the hammer tail by .040" or you may be snapping the KNS hammer pin as well.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 12:36:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/26/2014 12:38:48 PM EDT by Wyzardd]
Never mind, it doesn't seem relevant to this thread when I type it out
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 12:37:29 PM EDT

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By substandard:

I did not know that a person could be made a Mod in a matter of minutes (ie Team Forum).

I thought to be made a mod a person had to create endless hey look at me threads and constantly boast about how much better said forum would be under their control.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 12:39:33 PM EDT
I learned techniques for clearing a stoppage in an AR, wherein the round finds itself wedged between the top of the bolt and the upper receiver.

Or put another way, other people pay money for classes and I pilfer what they've learned.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 12:43:00 PM EDT
Eating active dry yeast before you drink may actually help reduce your BAC.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 12:44:31 PM EDT
I did not know that I wouldn't know anything new today.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 12:44:51 PM EDT

View Quote

Damn.

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 12:49:26 PM EDT
That I'd be a little nervous for my first competition shoot tomorrow. Yesterday really excited, today.... nervous.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 12:49:44 PM EDT
The seal around the driver's door in my Jeep is going bad.  Windows up, door shut tight, 1/4 inch of water on my floor boards this morning
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 12:58:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/26/2014 1:04:09 PM EDT by bcw107]
I learned a few minutes ago singing Blaze of Glory into my single dip mint chocolate chip cone makes me "a dork".
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 1:01:57 PM EDT
I learned that a guy on this site is dating a Muslim.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 1:05:19 PM EDT
I learned that a man can get an erection from spider bites and spine/head trauma.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 1:06:39 PM EDT
Jennifer on Shipping Wars is pretty hot.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 1:07:44 PM EDT
You can save 15% in 15min
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 1:09:44 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 1:10:02 PM EDT
Many Mustang and Ford Racing 4.6L parts will more or less drop into a Crown Vic. Giving a young AKengineer an "old safe car" turned out to be a mistake on my parents part when it ended up with 300hp and sounding like a stripped down stang.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 1:11:39 PM EDT
I did not know until today that I need an M14
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 1:13:58 PM EDT
I learned today, that the Sony NWZE385 MP3 player that I got from Amazon yesterday, when hooked into my vehicle's AUX port has absolutely NO loudness.  With the stereo at full volume, turning on the defroster pretty much drowned out the music.  

I'm returning that POS Sony tomorrow.  

FML

And no, don't anybody suggest an Ipod.  I'm not giving Apple that much money.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 1:14:32 PM EDT
"Sootkins".    
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 1:15:35 PM EDT
Originally Posted By bytor94:
I learned today, that the Sony NWZE385 MP3 player that I got from Amazon yesterday, when hooked into my vehicle's AUX port has absolutely NO loudness.  With the stereo at full volume, turning on the defroster pretty much drowned out the music.  

I'm returning that POS Sony tomorrow.  

FML

And no, don't anybody suggest an Ipod.  I'm not giving Apple that much money.
View Quote

I have one, there is a noise limiter function on the settings of the device, you have to turn that off before you hook it to your aux in.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 1:18:08 PM EDT
Learned what "mortaring a stock" means.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 1:23:15 PM EDT

View Quote

TIL that others beside me will call out the mods for no particular reason.

Wait, I feel one coming on.

BRB.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 1:24:41 PM EDT

View Quote

But you'll notice... People like that still aren't mods.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 1:27:51 PM EDT

Originally Posted By steelycr:

I learned that a guy on this site is dating a Muslim.
View Quote

In before the "I converted to Islam" thread

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 1:30:17 PM EDT
Originally Posted By MARINEORDIE:
View Quote

You still don't know that.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 1:30:35 PM EDT
I need more diapers than I thought.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 1:30:53 PM EDT
I am almost embarrassed to say this, but fuck it whatever.  Late last night (it was past midnight so I guess it counts) I was laying in bed browsing arfcrom on my ipad before I dose off, like most nights, and I got caught up in the Vikings thread.  Read almost every post.  While I really enjoy that show, I had no idea that it was loosely based on real people (well technically, per wiki there was no *official* records of ragnar lothbrok, so he might have just been a man of legend, but all the others were.)  I was up for another hour or two just reading various things about the real people that are portrayed in the show.   It was both entertaining to read all of the information, and disheartening that I was such an idiot that I thought they just made everybody up.    Kind of said that, according to legend, Ragnar dies in a snake pit.  Didn't think he would go out like that.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 1:32:28 PM EDT
SEALS like to fly around and around in their Ospreys before doing a practice drop, like, Hey look at my balls! Look! I'm a SEAL! Ok I'll land now.

That when someone gives a woman a placebo to make her feel good about herself, and she finds out she was tricked, she will consider it "empowering".

Shimano is expanding their carbon/aluminum laminate rim technology to the new XTR 9000 wheels.

Man, I learned a lot today!
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 1:33:54 PM EDT

I learned how to pee with a boner if all you have is a hair dryer.

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 1:34:50 PM EDT

View Quote

I didn't realize anyone even went into Team. Used to be nothing but relationship whine, prayer requests and crap like that. I've never even heard of that guy.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 1:35:05 PM EDT
Originally Posted By WindKnot1-1:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WindKnot1-1:
Originally Posted By MARINEORDIE:

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 1:36:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/26/2014 1:42:38 PM EDT by Taboot]

• Today, one of my twin 6 year old sons told me that God wears a red shirt, green overalls and a pirate hat, and Mrs. God wears a sky colored shirt and lives on a cloud.  So, I learned that.  

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 1:38:06 PM EDT
I think I did learn something new today, but I am too senile to remember what it is.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 1:38:41 PM EDT
I didnt know Robins took hatched egg shells so far from their nests to dicard them. I found some atleast 400 yards from the nearest tree today.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 1:40:09 PM EDT
Today I learned that the Russian Mafia may soon be replaced by the Chinese Mafia
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 1:53:46 PM EDT
I learned it takes a lota flour to make a thousand pound bisket.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 1:56:34 PM EDT
That I can get an 800  number routed to my cell.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 1:58:36 PM EDT

If I want the bills put into the rack in date order, it's my responsibility to take care of it.

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 2:02:28 PM EDT
Charles Manson spent much of his young life in prison before being released and orchestrating the Tata/La Bianca murders.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 2:06:01 PM EDT
That a Western Digital My Passport external HD is pretty handy when you buy a new computer and need to transfer info over.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 2:07:31 PM EDT
Paid Advertisement is now a member, with no post count and zero feedback.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 2:08:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SINCE_1829:

View Quote
Never heard of him.

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 2:09:03 PM EDT
The wife and I planted flowers together for the first time today. Despite my past success, I did not know until today that I've been doing it wrong all this time.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 2:16:05 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 221B:

I need more diapers than I thought.
View Quote
We all hope to be that old one day.

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 2:17:08 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Subnet:
Never heard of him.  
View All Quotes
Never heard of him.  

Paid Advertisement doesn't post when inebriated, and dislikes cast iron cookware.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 2:17:40 PM EDT

Paid Advertisement doesn't post when inebriated, and dislikes cast iron cookware.

View All Quotes

Never heard of him.  

He sounds like a bitch.

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 2:19:15 PM EDT
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top