Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2003 11:15:52 PM EDT
I just took a spin around the city and I can't find anyone to stop.  Almost noone out and they are all doing the speed limit.  Damn!
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 11:18:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Merry Christmas!
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 11:18:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, You're gonna have that sometimes.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 11:21:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn those good people!

i've been trying to get on a local department but i have found it really difficult. i would love to just ride around in a car watching people doing the right thing by not speeding or driving drunk. i would take it as a compliment that people are doing good this holiday season by being responsible.

however, the first guy you pull over that had a little too much to drink....let him have it! i have a genuine dislike for people that think they can drive sloppy-cocked.

Merry Christmas!
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 11:25:05 PM EDT
[#4]
"hmmmm... Terrorist maybe??"
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 11:45:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
they are all doing the speed limit.  Damn!
View Quote

In Tulsa, at this time of night what's on the road is driving with both hands at 12 o'clock ontop of the wheel, white knuckles clutching their breath mints, saying "Maintain man, maintain...just get me 'hic' home baby"[booze]

Glad you made it home safe, Merry Christmas!
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 11:53:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I run into the same problems occasionaly. [:D]

Tonight however, there are numerous "folks" who think its fun to shoot guns into the air to celebrate Christmas.[rolleyes]

Link Posted: 12/24/2003 11:59:06 PM EDT
[#7]
OMG![shock]Somebody could kill a reindeer doing that!
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 12:27:00 AM EDT
[#8]
[LOLabove]  

do you know where all the female reindeer went last  night?

in to town to blow a few bucks
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 12:28:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Now we know the real reason Santa doesn't deliver to third-world-shitholes......all the ack-ack from the "celebrations" is a severe hazard.  [:D]
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 12:53:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Good I'm on vacation till Friday! Merry Christmas Copper!
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 12:56:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Jailer: "What did you get for Christmas?"

Drunk: "Busted."
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 1:03:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I run into the same problems occasionaly. [:D]

Tonight however, there are numerous "folks" who think its fun to shoot guns into the air to celebrate Christmas.[rolleyes]

View Quote

Right as I'm reading this thread some jackass did that. [:|]
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 1:06:46 AM EDT
[#13]
I was just doing 115 on the Crosstown Pkwy, not an FHP trooper in sight.  [:D]
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 2:15:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Damn!  I was actually just kidding.  I was hoping to give a friendly yank to some of our member that don't appreciate the 5-0 that much.

In reality I don't think I have ever written a ticket on Christmas.  You really have to screw up to get me to pull you over right now too.  However I did drive by one of the local bars right at 0200 and think a couple are probably pulling out right now.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 3:16:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Sherrick,

Merry Christmas my friend......

I may be up that way next week, I would tell you what I drive, but then you would be looking for me.........LOL,,,,,
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 3:18:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I can't find anyone to stop.
View Quote

I did the swing shift.  I wrote one probationer a weed ticket. Let two college kids go for weed. Warned about 1/2 dozen traffic violators, and arrested a drunk who crashed into the front of a coveinance store, staggered out of his truck, and pissed on the building.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 3:19:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Just give me your tag number... it's ok, I'm with the government, I'm here to help.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 3:57:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
...crashed into the front of a coveinance store, staggered out of his truck, and pissed on the building.
View Quote

Hey, when you gotta go...[;)]

Edited to add: Not that I think drunk driving is funny...by all means drop the hammer on those idiots.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 4:09:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
...crashed into the front of a coveinance store, staggered out of his truck, and pissed on the building.
View Quote

Hey, when you gotta go...[;)]
View Quote

Yes, really...what else do ya do at a rest stop?
Evidently everyone is still opening their bottles...wait 'til new years then you will get your quota.
It is supposed to be a silent night anyway, they even made a song about it. [sleep]
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 4:40:20 AM EDT
[#20]
A freind of mine works for a suburban department in an area that has huge high priced houses that have gone up the last 10 years.

The officers in that department have to give out three tickets a shift, and that means to three different people. Problem is that no one speeds or has expired plates or blows stop signs.

He has started pulling over women in minivans for stickers on windshields or fresheners hanging from mirrors.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 4:57:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
A freind of mine works for a suburban department in an area that has huge high priced houses that have gone up the last 10 years.

The officers in that department have to give out three tickets a shift, and that means to three different people. Problem is that no one speeds or has expired plates or blows stop signs.

He has started pulling over women in minivans for stickers on windshields or fresheners hanging from mirrors.
View Quote

If my department made me do that I would quietly get that info to the citizens.  That would put a stop to it pretty damn quick.
I don't have a problem with activity standards but not mandatory tickets.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 5:08:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Damn!  I was actually just kidding. [red] I was hoping to give a friendly yank to some of our member that don't appreciate the 5-0 that much.[/red]

In reality I don't think I have ever written a ticket on Christmas.  You really have to screw up to get me to pull you over right now too.  However I did drive by one of the local bars right at 0200 and think a couple are probably pulling out right now.
View Quote

Did not get enough of messing with the public on the job, so you had to bring it here, uh. [:)]

Merry Christmas to all the LEO's , especially the ones that had duty last night and today.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 5:28:24 AM EDT
[#23]
OK GUYS, lets all go speeding through OKC so that Sherrick will have something to do and it will make him look good to his boss as well...

Link Posted: 12/25/2003 5:39:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
If my department made me do that I would quietly get that info to the citizens.  That would put a stop to it pretty damn quick.
I don't have a problem with activity standards but not mandatory tickets.
View Quote

Exactly. That only serves to turn cops into revenue generators for the city and, aside from outright corruption, nothing is more corrosive to respect and consideration for officers.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 6:12:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Broadway extension northbound.  Many many 15+'ers on that road.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 6:22:52 AM EDT
[#26]
RDO: Wed and Thur.  I had off yesterday, Christmas Day, and will have off New Years Day and Eve.

My Lt. is going to cover for me on New Years Eve, so I don't have to worry about being on call.[:D]

Everyone, have a happy holidays.
Art in KY
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top