Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2005 12:53:37 PM EDT
www.newsday.com/news/local/wire/newjersey/ny-bc-nj--roadrage0913sep13,0,7512723,print.story?coll=ny-region-apnewjersey

Long story short, a high school football player leaves practice and (accidentally or not) cuts off another motorist.

The guy road rages, and starts following the kid, who gets freaked enough that he calls home on his cell phone and heads to his house.   He gets there, gets out of his truck and tries to run across the street to his house, whereupon he's fucking HIT by the road raging other guy.

That's right, the guy fucking ran him over.

Except that the highschool football player was 300 pounds and landed on his feet.   He went to the driver that had just assaulted him with a 2 ton vehicle and punched in twice in the fucking head.

Killing him.

And the kid is in jail.

Look, I'm sorry, but if you drive three miles to chase down someone who cut you off, and then hit them with your car, we're talking premeditated murder 1, and the guy got what was coming to him.

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 12:56:12 PM EDT
[#1]
This is a dupe, but as someone said in the other thread, two words describe the reason  for this travesty:

NEW JERSEY
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 1:02:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Munter got exactly what he deserved, his kid is a frikkin liar about his temperment and once this goes to trial a lawyer who barely stayed awake in class could win this. Jailed because the DA is an ass unless the kid has a history of juvie trouble.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 1:07:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow.  Just wow.  People are just plain idiots behind the wheel of a car.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 1:16:38 PM EDT
[#4]
So what do you think the charge will be?  3rd degree manslaughter?

ETA: Aggravated assault?  That's not bad at all, considering he killed the dude.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 1:17:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Here's the link to page 5 of the prior thread. I don't know if this is really a dupe since the original went to sleep so I just cross-posted a link to this new thread at the end of that old one.  Maybe that's the wrong thing to do but at least everyone will know there is an old version and a new version.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 1:19:28 PM EDT
[#6]
You gotta be kidding me.  He killed someone.  We don't have much in details here, but if the guy wanted to kill him with the vehicle, then the kid would be dead instead..

This article does not give enough information to judge anyone.  What I do know is that if I kill someone, I will very likely be charged for their death unless self defense is readily apparant.  It isn't so here.

One more thing.  Being run over makes landing on your feet impossible.  Sounds like the kid is lying out of his ass to me.  What were his injuries?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 1:21:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Shit, give the kid a medal. I had some bitch and her psychotic husband chase me and my mother because they thought I had tapped their bumper in the parking lot (I hadn't). The chase lasted for 45 minutes while my mom called the cops and then my dad on the cell phone. In the meantime, the assholes repeatedly tried ramming my car, running me off the road, etc. and every time I was forced to stop at a light or stop sign to avoid getting hit by oncoming traffic, the husband jumped out and ran for the car. I had my knife, but I didn't think that was gonna cut it.

I was circling the police station for the latter half of the chase and it still took nearly the entire time for a cop to show up. My dad was a good twenty minute drive away and got there in seven.

Hell hath no fury like a man in an F-350 with a massively upgraded bumper and a 9mm pistol who is defending his family from homicidal maniacs. He aimed right for the fuckers and floored it with the full intention of running them down and then shooting them if they continued to pose a threat to anyone. They hit their brakes when they realized what he was trying to do and although he missed hitting them he did block them in and forced them out of the car with their hands up until the cops arrived.

Then the fucking cops not only let them off, but told me that it was MY fault because it was "technically a hit and run". BULLSHIT. At least they told my dad that he did everything right and that he must have remarkable restraint.

That was the day I decided I was carrying a gun the moment I could legally get my hands on one.

Just shy of five years later and the closer I get to 21, a handgun, and a CCW, the more pissed I get that the government denies me the right to defend myself until an arbitrary age. I can vote for the leader of the most powerful nation in the world, buy a house, start a family, join the military or police force, etc. but I can't carry a fricking handgun.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 1:29:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
This is a dupe, but as someone said in the other thread, two words describe the reason  for this travesty:

NEW JERSEY

Hay watch what you say. I live in jersey and never killed anyone because of road rage.  At least not yet.  If i see that little prick who cut me off the other day i might kill him.  New jersey drivers get so pissed when they drive because they have to drive with a bunch of New York drivers who can't drive to say their lives.  PA drivers ain't no better.  NJ drivers are the best in the country as far as i am concerned.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 1:33:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

NEW JERSEY

Hay watch what you say. I live in jersey and never killed anyone because of road rage.  At least not yet.  If i see that little prick who cut me off the other day i might kill him.  New jersey drivers get so pissed when they drive because they have to drive with a bunch of New York drivers who can't drive to say their lives.  PA drivers ain't no better.  NJ drivers are the best in the country as far as i am concerned.

I dont think he was referring to New Jersey drivers, he was referring to the fact that the kid probably wouldnt be charged with anything if this happened in a free state.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 1:34:08 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
You gotta be kidding me.  He killed someone.  We don't have much in details here, but if the guy wanted to kill him with the vehicle, then the kid would be dead instead..

This article does not give enough information to judge anyone.  What I do know is that if I kill someone, I will very likely be charged for their death unless self defense is readily apparant.  It isn't so here.

One more thing.  Being run over makes landing on your feet impossible.  Sounds like the kid is lying out of his ass to me.  What were his injuries?

Evidentally someone doesn't know how to read. The kid was hit by the jackass drving the car. the kid rolled over the hood landed on his feet and punched dead dumbass in the face twice.

Hukd onfoniks werkd four mea!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top