Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 4/5/2006 7:52:17 PM EDT
I knew I should have never stepped foot in the Animal Regulation building here with my fiance! She fell in love with an 8 month old siamese that was brought in yesterday.

However, I'm thankful I found this cat at the pound than a pet store, only cost me $65 to adopt him, fix him and get him current with shots. I take him home tomorrow or Friday.

I'll post pictures. I think we'll name him Frankie or Henry

Call me a sucker
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:58:35 PM EDT
Congrats, I used to have a Siamese when I was a kid. Found her under our car, great pet.

One day she was gone, I figure she ran away or something else, I was told she "ran away"
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:59:23 PM EDT
Congrats! Cats are great.

I'm sitting with one of my two cats (Leviathan) in my lap as I am posting.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:02:02 PM EDT

Originally Posted By LArifleMAN:
Congrats, I used to have a Siamese when I was a kid. Found her under our car, great pet.

One day she was gone, I figure she ran away or something else, I was told she "ran away"

That sucks dude. I had a siamese mix growing up, that cat was a loon, ran around the house allday, eyes were fiery red, meowed in the middle of the night, but loveable as hell and funny to boot..

I told myself I'd never get anything but a siamese.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:03:47 PM EDT
First thing it's gonna do is piss all over your furniture, and cat piss stinks like nothing you've smelled before.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:04:14 PM EDT
oh ok, and here I was about to make some smartassed remark about your pecker not working
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:04:45 PM EDT

Originally Posted By motown_steve:
First thing it's gonna do is piss all over your furniture, and cat piss stinks like nothing you've smelled before.

I've never seen a cat do that before, I'm ridiculously over zealous of cleaning that god damned litter box.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:06:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/5/2006 8:07:13 PM EDT by DK-Prof]

Originally Posted By Chimpy:

I've never seen a cat do that before, I'm ridiculously over zealous of cleaning that god damned litter box.

Cats sometimes start peeing outside the box when they have a urinary tract infection - because they associate the box with the pain of trying to pee, so they try to pee in other places to avoid the pain. It's like thinking outside the box, but smellier.

Yeah - cats are stupid.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:07:42 PM EDT
Well, all I can do with that is deal with it as it comes, I know he won't wake up thinking "Which peice of Chimpy's furniture should I ruin today?"
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:08:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/5/2006 8:08:24 PM EDT by AdamTheFarmer]
her is my house cat

She was adopted and at the cat shelter all the kittens lived in boxes, so she thinks she can still fit into small boxes or in this case a basket.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:12:38 PM EDT
Siamese cats suck. We always had cats when I was growing ip, so I like them. Siameses are another matter, though. Bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. That's all they ever do....
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:14:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By bnorman:
Siamese cats suck. We always had cats when I was growing ip, so I like them. Siameses are another matter, though. Bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. That's all they ever do....

I like vocal animals, so that isn't a problem to me, it's more of a personality to me.

Adam, that picture is hilarious!
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:14:28 PM EDT

so kinda like a wife but less expensive?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:18:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By LArifleMAN:

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:18:01 PM EDT
Way less expensive, not to mention you won't get sucked into the diamond hype upon making a comittment to it.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:26:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TheRedHorseman:

I spent more on my cat last year than I did on my wedding
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:27:02 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DK-Prof:

expensive pussy
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:29:07 PM EDT
I have two Tabby's laying next to me, and we've had 'em since they were 6-weeks old. They're brothers, and the 3rd brother was bought too quickly for us to get all 3 at the same time. They are a BLAST and they'll actually fetch stuff I throw and bring it back, dropping it immediately-just like a Lab.

I love my boys and they are so ingrained in the family it's not funny.

HH
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:29:46 PM EDT

When I got my kitten last year, before he was really litterbox trained he walked up to a bag of my CLEAN clothes, right from the dryer, and pissed right in 'em. Made the whole damn bag stink like piss.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:31:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DK-Prof:

expensive pussy

But worth it, in both cases.
Top Top