Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2005 5:14:37 AM EDT
...phillips head screw driver in my tool box. Tho I buy them all the time. Conversely, I never buy flat blade, and I got dozens of them.

What can you never find???
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:15:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Tape measures - last night I didn't need one and I saw at least two laying around - but boy - the second I need to check something...
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:23:23 AM EDT
[#2]
They are with your socks.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:28:50 AM EDT
[#3]
A friggin' pair of scissors. There are probably a half dozen in the house, but it seems like my wife hides them from me.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:30:23 AM EDT
[#4]
You will never find the screwdriver that you need, you always find the opposite (want phillips, get blade).

So here's what I do, I look for a phillips but keep saying to myself, I need a flat head screwdriver. Voila, I get a phillips. I blame the mind-reading invisible stealth gremlins.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:31:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Allen wrench the right size.
Bike tire prying tool thingy.
Finger nail clippers.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:50:33 AM EDT
[#6]
The list is long of things I can't find.

Let's just say:

If I need it, I can't find it.
If I don't need it, I have tons of it/them laying around.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:59:58 AM EDT
[#7]
I have the same problem with my work tools, its like the philips screwdrivers just get up and walk away.

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:01:15 AM EDT
[#8]
I rarely watch TV.  but when i do i can't find the remote      
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:13:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Its good to know I am not alone, I can never find the damn phillips head screwdriver either.  All this time I thought it was me.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:17:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:22:23 AM EDT
[#11]
I can never find a hammer when I need one.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:24:41 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Finger nail clippers

I have bought > 20 of them and can never find one.

Same here, and it's getting to be a real problem:

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:25:16 AM EDT
[#13]
That is why I wear my tool belt 24/7. Even in the shower incase the knob is loose or something
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:34:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:58:14 AM EDT
[#15]
For me it was the opposite when I used to smoke. I always had a lighter on me. I went years without buying lighters and I always had one. Everytime I pulled it out I wondered where it came from and asked all my buddies and no one claimed it.

as far as missing stuff? I will join you on the mysterious phillips mystery. I had a tool box drawer ful of flatheads I never bought, but for the dozen or so phillips, I can only find one and thats after about 20 minutes of searching.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:12:08 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
as far as missing stuff? I will join you on the mysterious phillips mystery. I had a tool box drawer ful of flatheads I never bought, but for the dozen or so phillips, I can only find one and thats after about 20 minutes of searching.

We may be on to something here.

Can it be coincidence ALL of us can never find a phillips head???

Interstingly, this is only  true of screw drivers with handles. Phillips screw bits  (for my drill driver) are relatively easy to find.

HHHHmmmmmmmm............. more investigation is needed.

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:19:30 AM EDT
[#17]
keys to my American Tourister suitcase.  Couldn't find them last time I took a trip so made one out of a paper clip
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:22:08 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm always tripping over rolls of duct tape until I need some.  Then they're all gone.  
hmmmmm.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:37:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Torx bits
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:48:27 AM EDT
[#20]
You could do what I do, and use the phillips screw driver to stir the tools around
in your toolbox looking for the phillips screw driver.

Eventually you realize that it is in your hand.

GM
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:55:26 AM EDT
[#21]
When I'm d-loading music:

I can find all the songs by a particular artist I don't want, but it takes 3 million tries to get the one I want.

Then I might go back to the same artist, find the songs I wanted the last time, but not the song I want THIS TIME!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:56:50 AM EDT
[#22]
a winning lottery ticket

every time they call off the numbers I can never seem to find a winning one laying around.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:57:47 AM EDT
[#23]
They are all in my tool chest. Cuz I sure as hell cant ever fine a standard screw driver!
CH
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:00:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Pens,pencils. I've TIDE THEM TO THINGS SO THEY WON"T GET LOST!!!! And they still do.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:03:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Every time I blow my nose or something I got TP, but when I have to take a sh*t I dont' have any.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:52:23 AM EDT
[#26]
The correct Allen wrench!!!!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:37:26 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
The correct Allen wrench!!!!

Buy the set that is all held together with a handle thingy.

That way, WHEN you lose it, the problem won't be that you can't find the correct one.

It'll be that you can't find ANY allen wrench.

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:43:28 AM EDT
[#28]
I can't ever seem to find any $$$ in my checking account.

I keep putting paychecks in, and I don't recall writing any checks. . . .
Damn this site. . . .

Oh well, its only $$$
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:48:35 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Bike tire prying tool thingy.

You mean a flat head screwdriver?

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 12:05:17 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
...phillips head screw driver in my tool box. Tho I buy them all the time. Conversely, I never buy flat blade, and I got dozens of them.

hmmm... I must have all your philips heads lol...I can NEVER find a flat blade when I need one.  

Well, that was until I bought a set of Brownell's bits and a handle...they all sit neatly in a drawer in their little holder, and I'm ANAL about putting them back when I'm done.  The hollow ground blades are the bomb for gun work.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 12:46:12 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

McUzi's curse on you must be working.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 1:00:25 PM EDT
[#32]
a Sharpie that still has ink in it
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:08:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Teflon tape. For sealing pipe threads. Over the years I've never emptied a spool, but I always have to go buy a new one everytime I need the stuff.

ACDC's "Back in Black" album. The current cassette tape is the first one I've ever wore out on my own. It's also the third tape I've bought.

<quote>"Back in Black"....America's most stolen album. </quote> Bumblebee Bob circa 1986
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:43:45 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You havent been around long enuf to know about that.....

WHO are you....REALLY????

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:45:59 PM EDT
[#35]
My laundry. I buy new clothes constantly and I'm lucky if I get to wear them once. Generally, I never see them again.

I've been looking for my t-shirt with a Jericho 941 on the front to wear to the gun show tomorow, but no such luck. I got to wear that shirt twice when it was brand new and never saw it again.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:54:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Not missing something but along the same lines...

If you go to plug in something like a polarized AC plug or a D type connector or an RJ-11/RJ-45 type plug you THINK that you'd have a 50-50 chance of getting the plug and the receptacle aligned wouldn't you?

I almost ALWAYS miss it on the first try.  We're not talking about 60-40 or 70-30 we're talking like 99-01.

This has been consistant for me as long as I can remember.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:56:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:28:20 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Not missing something but along the same lines...

If you go to plug in something like a polarized AC plug or a D type connector or an RJ-11/RJ-45 type plug you THINK that you'd have a 50-50 chance of getting the plug and the receptacle aligned wouldn't you?

I almost ALWAYS miss it on the first try.  We're not talking about 60-40 or 70-30 we're talking like 99-01.

This has been consistant for me as long as I can remember.  

Me too!!!!!!!!!

In ANY given 50-50 odds thing, 90% of the time it'll work out the WRONG way for me.

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:36:20 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:38:19 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
A friggin' pair of scissors. There are probably a half dozen in the house, but it seems like my wife hides them from me.

HUGE +1
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:41:22 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Teflon tape. For sealing pipe threads. Over the years I've never emptied a spool, but I always have to go buy a new one everytime I need the stuff.

Not so much with the teflon tape for me, but electrical tape, duct tape & silicone gasket sealer.  
I have never used a whole tube of "blue goo" gasket sealer.  If I assume I have some left before working on the car the tube I find is dried into a solid lump.  If I buy a new tube along with whatever auto parts I'm getting for the project I'll find a previously purchased & unopened tube when I get out my tools.  But I can never find the unopened tube unless I have already purchased it's replacement.

+1 on nail clippers, tape measures & scissors also.  

Coat hangers.....I cannot recall ever buying hangers but they seem to just appear in closets.  I think the sock fairies leave them as payment for the socks they steal.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:43:56 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

It's a parable.  The screw drivers are symbolic of the defferant times of your life.  When you where single you were flat.  Now that you are married you have a crossed head(the wife) and are getting screwed.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:04:08 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You havent been around long enuf to know about that.....

WHO are you....REALLY????

Have you found mysterious pebbles suddenly appearing in your shoes while you walk?

I was never any good at riddles.

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:09:47 PM EDT
[#44]
I used my ninja skills to steal all of your tools. But I might be willing to sell them back to you on the EE...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top