Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/20/2004 3:52:22 PM EST
I have tried to bump fire for some time but it would never work for me. So today I took my MAK-90 to the range. On the first try I ripped off 12 rounds...I went back and loaded 30 rounds and fired all 30. I tried my Steyr AUG and HK93 and 94 and had no luck bump firing, I think it is the heavy trigger pull.
Any way I had a lot of fun with the bump fire, a few guys from the trap range came over to see if I had a full auto, and they thought I was lying when I said all my guns are semi auto.

How many of you guys bump fire, and how many slap fire...or slap the trigger with the opposite trigger finger...that is the only way I can get the AUG and HKs to shoot fast.

Chris
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:55:57 PM EST
I don't spray and pray. I aquire my target and kill it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:56:44 PM EST
I bump fire whenever I get a chance (ranges here don't allow it), whats slap firing?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:06:09 PM EST
Yeah, I bump. It's stupid, a waste of ammo, blah blah blah.... It's fun, that's what my rifles are for. I own black rifles because they are fun and I enjoy shooting them. I'm not a sniper, a merc, a soldier, or operator. I'm just a guy that likes to shoot black evil guns and I like to shoot them fast, sometimes slow, sometimes very accurately. And of course sometimes just to throw tons of lead 55grs at a time downrange. I just built a 16" with all the evil features and tried out a $3 homemade foregrip (just to see if it's worth spending money on) and holy crap I can bump from the shoulder using it. Best bump fire tool yet. I'll buy one for real now....well maybe...the cheap home jobbie doesnt look too bad and works pretty good.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:07:09 PM EST
I call it slap firing....I am sure there is a better term. But grip the gun in your right hand (if you are right handed) keep your trigger finger off the trigger, then work the trigger with your left or opposite index finger. The old trick shooters like Herb Parsons used to do this...I picked it up from watching is old videos he shoots a Winchester 351 like a "tommygun"

Try it some time it works great for 10/22s

Chris
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:43:26 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/20/2004 4:44:12 PM EST by JCHammer]
Bump 'n will put a grin on anybodies face ! I don't do it often but if you practice it becomes easier with satisfactory results . There is times to be serious then there is times for plinking ...........
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:09:51 PM EST
IBTL or somethin' like that....
Top Top