Damn it ..I like the Rambo movies
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 3:17:53 PM EDT
1 and 4 are all you need.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 3:23:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/22/2008 3:29:09 PM EDT by TheTracker]

Originally Posted By 70satvert:
1 and 4 are all you need.

Those are the best ones for sure.

This was a 6 disc set for $35 came with a digital copy and a bonus disc ...The real Vietnam

Haven't watched that yet.....I'll see how it is
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 3:29:34 PM EDT
Personally, I like 2, 1, & 3; in that order. The Jerry Goldsmith's sound tracks are better than the movie. Don't know about 4, haven't seen it yet.

BTW:"Rambo V has been confirmed and is in pre-production [4].On February 2, 2008, Sylvester Stallone informed Reuters in an interview that making a fifth Rambo would depend on the success of the fourth movie but that he thought he was "gearing one up" and that it would "be quite different".[5] On March 10, 2008, Moviehole.net revealed that in an interview with Metro magazine, Stallone said that he was "half-way through" writing Rambo V and that it would not be another war movie.[6] On March 20, Moviehole.net also said that ScreenDaily.com had revealed that the film would be shot in Bulgaria and later received word from a source that Bulgaria was to double for John Rambo's home town in Arizona.[" from Wikipedia
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 3:56:14 PM EDT
Personally I think they should have stuck to the suicide ending in the first one. Sure, it's a downer, but it makes a hell of a lot more sense for a depressed vet who "snaps" to kill himself than it does for a 60 year old Special Forces soldier to keep coming back every time there's a dirty little war.

With that said, 4 ended on a strong note, and I'd watch a fifth, hoping for a good movie.
If anything, I'd like to see a PROPERLY DONE prequel. Sure, the flashback scenes show why Rambo's got such an inner battle happening, but was he drafted/voluntary enlistment? How'd he get out of Vietnam, if he was tortured in a POW camp? Rescue/release/escape? Again, it would have to be done right, or it would be just another Vietnam movie.
Top Top