Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/18/2004 4:47:59 PM EST
I love the hell out of this car! My payments are about $645.00 per month, but I'm thinking that's about right for a car like this. Plus, I had negative equity because Ford screwed me so bad.

That's my baby. 2004 painted Carbon Metallic. She's a beauty!
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 4:52:30 PM EST
So what size is an envoy compared to say a Ford Explorer or Expedition? BTW Congrats!
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 4:56:26 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 4:57:22 PM EST
Well, I traded a 1998 Ford Explorer that I was upside down in by about $10,000. That thing had 115,000 miles on it. Yikes.

Anyway, the Envoy has a lot more head room and space in between the driver and passenger. One neat feature on the Envoy is that the seatbelt is made into the seat itself so if you're short like me, the belt won't cut into your neck. It's also got several nifty storage compartments that you press a button on and reveal another compartment on the bottom. That's pretty cool. Plus the ease with which the seats fold down or remove are a lot better to deal with than the new Fords. I looked at those, but I just couldn't do it again. I was in the shop ALL THE TIME getting that stupid car fixed. The warranty on the Ford paid for a new transmission at 43,000 miles. It was a POS. I had to get a new alternator twice for it.

The Envoy has a lot of neat features not the least of which is a plasma television that will probably get my windows smashed and the television stolen.

I don't think $640ish is too much to pay for that much vehicle. It's got all kind of impact railing and safety additions plus upgraded wheels, which kick ass.

But I'm still reeling from the sticker shock and worrying about the payment. Sheesh. :)
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 4:57:59 PM EST

Originally Posted By Chelle:
My payments are about $645.00 per month, but I'm thinking that's about right for a car like this.
www.100megsfree.com/chelle/262_805K.gif

That's my baby. 2004 painted Carbon Metallic. She's a beauty!

Jesus!!!! You could buy a decent house around here and have a payment like that....
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:00:34 PM EST

Originally Posted By TREETOP:

...My payments are about $645.00 per month...

Ouch.

No doubt.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:02:11 PM EST
Damn, I bought a 2002 Avalanche with 7k miles for $22,900 and my payments are $475 and I thought that was too high. My house payments only $640. If you're happy I guess it's ok.
They are nice vehicles.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:05:30 PM EST
I just meant size-wize what vehicles are in its class? What vehicles are roughly the same size?
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:08:48 PM EST
do you still live at home?
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:10:51 PM EST
My dad's boss got one last year. an SLT with "all the toys". Loves it much better than the last two Grand Cherokees he had. Black, with leather and OnStar.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:16:13 PM EST
Nice vehicle.
That payment is a REAM JOB.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:22:33 PM EST
my dad typically pays $750 a month when he buys a vehicle, regardless of what it is, just to pay it off asap. I can't say much because I've never bought anything quite like that.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:25:50 PM EST
I hope this goes better than the thread where I told them about my new truck.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:31:32 PM EST
That's not much less than I pay to rent my apartment.

Of course that truck is bigger than my apartment is.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:33:23 PM EST
Whats the MPG. Thats almost all I care about now. Besides cargo room to handle all the guns/ammo but that itself effects MPG alot.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:58:25 PM EST
Glad you like it!
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:36:09 PM EST
NEVER BUY A NEW CAR WHEN YOU ARE UPSIDE DOWN ON ANOTHER CAR LOAN.

The reason being...is you get it up the bootie with no lube. What's your finance rate?
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:37:11 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/18/2004 7:57:32 PM EST by DK-Prof]

Originally Posted By norman74:

Ouch.

No doubt.

NICE CAR, though !!
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:43:23 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/18/2004 7:46:51 PM EST by fight4yourrights]

Originally Posted By 7:

Whats the MPG. Thats almost all I care about now. Besides cargo room to handle all the guns/ammo but that itself effects MPG alot.

16 to 18 mpg. I've gotten 22 before, but that drops like a rock when you get off the highway.

inline 6 cylinder, 275 hp. Lot's of get up and go.

Did you get the skidplate option? I had them add that to mine after the fact, same with the 10" lcd dvd/tv system. (note - the grillguard is a lot of fun to install with the skidplates. Be forewarned)

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:24:15 AM EST
I rented the GMC Jimmy a number of years ago and didn't like it much. The 4.3 engine seemed thirsty and under-powered. On the other hand I rented an Astro van with the same engine and it was peppy and easy on fuel.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:15:14 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:59:46 AM EST

Originally Posted By ken_mays:

These were going in the range of $38k the last time I looked at them. Hope you paid less than that.

That's list. You can get about 8k off that, but you know how they play the numbers.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:06:36 AM EST
My wife wants one. I have had 5 GMC pickups with zero problems. GMC makes a good vehicle.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:09:54 AM EST
You're paying $600 a month to drive a car that's going down in value every day.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:11:32 AM EST
Congradulations, i hear that the straight six that they have is pretty ballsy.l Glad you went with a GM over a Ford
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:12:23 AM EST

Originally Posted By fastang50:

You're paying $600 a month to drive a car that's going down in value every day.

What's your point?

Most ever vehicle drops in value. Mileage costs money.

Sure, it's cheaper to drive something older, but some of us like a better vehicle, and reliability is worth the cost. Breaking down in the Washington DC area can be a death sentance.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:18:03 AM EST
I'm glad you got a new car but I have a few questions,

1. How did Ford "screw you"? I've never seen a car salesman hold a gun to someone's head and force them to buy a vehicle. They offer you a deal, you conter balance, everntually you either walk away w/o a car OR you come to an agreement that is amicable to both parties and YOU sign the papers. If you have bad credit the terms are worse.

How and why were you 10k upsidedown on a vehicle with 115K miles on the clock? Did you drive it constantly and rack up 60K miles in a year? (It's been done before).

What would your payments have been without tacking 10K on top of your loan?

Good luck with your new vehicle, watch out for shopping carts and soccer moms.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:20:54 AM EST
I have an 02 Trailblazer. love it. kind of wish it had more ground clearance, but for where I drive it's fine
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:34:41 AM EST
BTT
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:51:53 AM EST
Hi lady, congrats on your new ride. I seem to remember you from another thread, got any new pictures??
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:57:26 AM EST

Ouch.

That's more than my mortgage payment for a 2100 sq foot house on 5 acres.

Ouch is right!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 11:03:34 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/19/2004 11:04:26 AM EST by HardShell]
CONGRATULATIONS! We have had an Envoy XL for a couple of years now & love it. All the "bells & whistles" in Pewter, the same color as my Sonoma...

We bought it when we decided to start a family, and "Junior" came along less than a year later - so WATCH OUT!!!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 11:22:00 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/19/2004 11:24:03 AM EST by 4get_No1]
I got my wife one, a 2003. My Mustang convertible is not real good on a trip and her last car was a PT Cruiser - I refused to be seen driving it.

The Envoy is a vehicle we both love. Ours is 2WD so that may be why we get a bit better mileage (17-18 in town and 23-24 highway)than fight4yourrights gets. The puppy is PLUSH & I like the memory seats & mirrors. Getting old, poor memory, & don't squash my package getting in (y'all believe that?)

<ETA> Woah HardShell, where'd you get that picture of ours!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 11:30:31 AM EST
LOL PT Cruisers are midget herses
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 12:43:47 PM EST
645.00 a month, PLUS OPTION 1 full boat coverage since the bank owns the vehicle = how much a month for a car? times 12, times how many years?[rollyes]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 12:56:47 PM EST
... I am not at all satisfied with the Envoy. We signed the papers last night on the car without having seen it. The salesmen assured us that it would be there in the morning and that they were bringing it on a roll back truck from about 50 miles away. We signed the papers early so that I could just go over during my lunch break and pick it up. My paperwork says that the car has 100 miles on it, that it had been kept in a showroom, and was in excellent shape. In actuality it has 410 miles, stains on the back seat and the carpet as well as a small tear on the headliner. I was told it had Onstar ... it does not. I was told that it had power everything and it does not. I am not a happy person right now. I do not want to pay $650 for a car that has so much less than my old one.

I called the GMC dealership back and told them that I wanted an upgraded car or I wanted my old car back and they told me that I could not do that. The contract was binding. Needless to say, I am hella pissed right now. This is not the car I thought I was getting. Yes, they did me a favor by giving me enough rebates to cover that negative equity and yes, I understand that I financed the whole enchilada price for 12% financing, but this is NOT the vehicle I was led to believe I would be driving away with.

What can I do? God, I'm so upset.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 12:59:27 PM EST

... I am not at all satisfied with the Envoy. We signed the papers last night on the car without having seen it. The salesmen assured us that it would be there in the morning and that they were bringing it on a roll back truck from about 50 miles away. We signed the papers early so that I could just go over during my lunch break and pick it up. My paperwork says that the car has 100 miles on it, that it had been kept in a showroom, and was in excellent shape. In actuality it has 410 miles, stains on the back seat and the carpet as well as a small tear on the headliner. I was told it had Onstar ... it does not. I was told that it had power everything and it does not. I am not a happy person right now. I do not want to pay $650 for a car that has so much less than my old one.

I called the GMC dealership back and told them that I wanted an upgraded car or I wanted my old car back and they told me that I could not do that. The contract was binding. Needless to say, I am hella pissed right now. This is not the car I thought I was getting. Yes, they did me a favor by giving me enough rebates to cover that negative equity and yes, I understand that I financed the whole enchilada price for 12% financing, but this is NOT the vehicle I was led to believe I would be driving away with.

What can I do? God, I'm so upset.

Bait and switch. You got fucked. Was the condition of the vehicle in the contract?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:34:32 PM EST
BIG time bad dealer! Check with local BBB and see if you're not the first one they hoisted.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:38:03 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:43:26 PM EST
What can I do? Can I get out of the contract? Can I do something? Anything?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:46:22 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/19/2004 1:46:54 PM EST by drfcolt]
Seems to me that's there's some kind of 36-hour (or so ) "cooling-off period" in which you can back out of a deal - sort of buyer's remorse period.

At lease here in PA - could be wrong, through.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:46:50 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/19/2004 1:47:44 PM EST by MillerSHO]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:49:28 PM EST
Call corporate. If you are contractually bound to a vechicle described as it was, you arent driving what you bought. Fuck them hard.....Dont give up.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:56:21 PM EST
+1 on all the replies about not giving up the fight.

Do NOT drive that vehicle. You damn well deserve to be able to back out of that deal. They did a bait and switch on you and that is ILLEGAL.

Let this be a lesson learned though. You NEVER EVER sign papers on a car or ANYTHING you're going ot buy unless you've thoroughly inspected the EXACT product you're going to buy. When I bought my last car, the salesman drove it into the garage for me to take as much time inspecting as I wanted before signing a damn thing.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:15:05 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:32:51 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/19/2004 2:33:50 PM EST by Combat_Jack]
Call the state Attorney General. Get everything you can in writing, and get a lawyer to write a threatening letter. One good lawsuit will cost them so much to defend against they may well just give in at the threat.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:44:05 PM EST

Originally Posted By NewbHunter:
+1 on all the replies about not giving up the fight.

Do NOT drive that vehicle. You damn well deserve to be able to back out of that deal. They did a bait and switch on you and that is ILLEGAL.

Let this be a lesson learned though. You NEVER EVER sign papers on a car or ANYTHING you're going ot buy unless you've thoroughly inspected the EXACT product you're going to buy. When I bought my last car, the salesman drove it into the garage for me to take as much time inspecting as I wanted before signing a damn thing.

+1
This is even worse than us having to tell you we told you so.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:52:22 PM EST
Get loud and nasty!

Now, please explain how Ford "screwed you" and how you ended up 10k upsidedown on a vehicle with 115K miles.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:52:37 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:11:49 PM EST
Okay, I checked over all the paperwork for the Envoy and the VIN numbers match, but it is not the car that was described to me. They came to me and said that they had found one "exactly" like the one I was sitting in at the moment and the only difference was that it had a television and DVD player in it. The one I was sitting in had OnStar, Power Mirrors, Power Seats, etc...

Ford screwed me in the following manner...

I purchased my Explorer in 2001. It had 18K miles on it and appeared to be a steal at the price. Well, after some finagling I got the payments where I wanted them and all was good. Two weeks later it began to have mechanical issues. I purchased an extended 125,000 mile warranty and the first time I put it in the shop it was covered. I need a new alternator and starter.

HOWEVER, Ford kept my car for almost a week and refused to honor the warranty that stated that I would be paid $30.00 per day for my rental. The second time it was put in the shop they told me it was fuel injectors and I'd have to pay for that out of pocket. They charged me almost $500.00 to do these repairs and claimed it wasn't under warranty. I asked them to repair the recall items as well and they said I'd have to make an appointment. Now, mind you, this car is our travel car and we put around 90,000 miles on it since we bought it ... however ... we scheduled the appointment for a couple of weeks later and then took a road trip. Halfway between GA and Miami, FL, the car stalled out on me. I had to pay the towing back to GA and it cost me over $3000.00 for that and the repair which ... once again ... was not covered for some reason even though it was the alternator AGAIN.

My interest rate was higher than usual because of some hospital bills so for the first couple of years, that's all my payment went toward. And to get the payment where I wanted, they financed for 72 months ... hence the upside down. At any rate, the Ford was one nightmare after another. I still had about 20,000 miles on the warranty on it, around two more years to pay, but now the transmission was acting up and I'm pretty sure only a certain amount was covered with the warranty. So, I got rid of it and I won't buy Ford again.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:30:12 PM EST
I'm sure your extended warranty was by a third party , not Ford. Your dealer screwed you, not Ford.
And never shop a vehicle by the payments you can afford, because you can't afford the payments.
My rule of thumb is if I can't pay for it in three years, I cant afford it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top