Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/29/2001 11:58:47 AM EDT
Yes, I am a lucky one!  

As showerhead enthusiasts will note; some years ago, Congress enacted legislation limiting showerhead capacity to 2.5 gallons a minute.

But I, in my possesion, have a genuine HIGH-CAPACITY [b]3 GALLON a MINUTE[/b]owerhead!  Imagine the look on my face when I heard the news from my FFL (federal faucet license) holder.  Check Yours today, maybe you'll get lucky like ME!

(Unlike post-ban showerheads that sell for around 15 to 20 bucks, I will sell mine for a measly 85 dollars minimum.)
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 12:01:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Is it legal to put a pre ban shower head in a post ban shower?

Link Posted: 3/29/2001 12:01:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I took mine apart and removed that disc that limits the flow. What is the penalty for converting a post ban showerhead to a preban confuguration? I'm so reckless!
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 12:06:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I can top that, I've got a preban showerhead and....a preban toilet (5 freaking gallons/flush!).  It could probably flush a small child:)
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 12:07:44 PM EDT
[#4]
The Water Police confiscated mine. [V]
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 12:08:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Hah! that's nothing! I have in by bathroom a detachable, pistol gripped hand held preban 3gpm showerhead, but here's the kicker-

It's select fire!

Full, auto, and burst modes, just twist the nozzle!

All 21 barrels fire separately in groups of 7, on all of these modes, with a "safety switch" for cutting the flow

$2800.00 delivered, fully tranferable.

They ain't making them no mo'!
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 12:09:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I took mine apart and removed that disc that limits the flow. What is the penalty for converting a post ban showerhead to a preban confuguration? I'm so reckless!
View Quote

You would loose your RKSC, Right to Keep Showered and Clean.  Please, for the sake of your family and friends, don't do it!

I am in the market for a preban toilet though, unused of course.  I hate those new ones.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 12:13:52 PM EDT
[#7]
ROTFLMAO:i'm glad i own my water.nothing like having three wells and a cistern.mmk
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 12:16:43 PM EDT
[#8]
THATS ONLY IN THE PRK, THE REST OF US ARE ALLOWED ANY TYPE WE WANT, CHECK IT OUT....HTTPS://TAKEAWAYYOURWATERRIGHTS.GOV
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 12:20:23 PM EDT
[#9]
What are the regulations concerning the actual spray holes on a post ban shower head? Do I need a "fixed" type, or can I get a threaded one? Are the ones that disperse the water more legal? Also, you guys with those pre ban toilets best be careful about advertising the fact that you actually have them on this board. You never know who reads this stuff!

Aviator

Link Posted: 3/29/2001 12:28:18 PM EDT
[#10]
I didn't get my preban registered on time and cant afford a post ban model so I guess I just get the full stream version for now.  [sniper]
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 12:29:37 PM EDT
[#11]
I've got one but there are enough american made parts in it to be legal.[;D]
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 12:31:37 PM EDT
[#12]
I guess I need to look out for the SHATF, cause I just bored out a postban into a preban last weekend.  My wife and I just couldn't stand the post-ban style, we needed more water!  Now, I'm  feelling the water.  guns7.62
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 12:33:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Oh my!

Removing the washer and adding an auto seer is a bad move.  
This site has eyes and ears.
be careful.

Those of you in Kali have to contend with BS23 and a half, banning all showers period.  Now they only get a damp sponge.[:)]
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 12:35:56 PM EDT
[#14]
What showerhead? We just got us a hunk o'pipe that comes outta the wall and puts out all the rusty cold water you could ever want, long as the well don't go dry.

BMB
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 12:40:24 PM EDT
[#15]
I have illegally converted all of my showerheads to high-caps.  But HERE'S the kicker:  BOTH of my toilets are pre-ban high capacity flushers.  I will never get rid of them.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 12:44:24 PM EDT
[#16]
you might also check laws concerning the length of the pipe,from the wall to the showerhead needs to be 16".now if your pipe is preban  and you can verify this through the manufacture of said pipe.you're home free.but if your pipe is postban then for gods sake pin and/or weld it in place.do it for the children.mmk
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 12:45:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Oh?  Please don't forget the PreBan Wash Machine...  The new "water conservers" will cost $800.00.  I love my government-not!

Getting closer and closer to The Day Of Reckoning.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 12:51:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 1:11:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Always breaking laws,
you all are a bunch of crooks,
and drunkards at that.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 1:34:24 PM EDT
[#20]
On behalf of us all...Thank you.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 2:05:10 PM EDT
[#21]
When did the ATF expand the definition of alcohol to include water?  I must have missed that on the news.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 2:10:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Im jealous Id sure like to get me a pre ban toilet..this green approved PC NWO Turd Way Toilet I got is worthless...ten flushes later where is the dang plunger...uses ten times more water than the old ones...I heard up accross the border in Canada you can still get them but I dont know what the penalty is for smuggling them in
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 2:18:07 PM EDT
[#23]
the head-spacing in my showerhead is shot. it no longer shoots straight and is unreliable. i just may have to get a postban for the fear of it bursting in my face.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 2:22:40 PM EDT
[#24]
I heard a rumor that double ply toilet paper is on the chopping block next.

Now thats ironic @ss wipes taking away our @ss wipes.

Hunter out...
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 2:24:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 2:25:28 PM EDT
[#26]
I smuggled my pre ban showerhead in from Mexico. It was dis assembled when Customs saw it, so they didn't know what it was.
Other than being unable to feed Wolf Water, it is great.
I am going back to Mexico in December, anyone up for a group purchase?
[pyro]
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 2:29:05 PM EDT
[#27]
have you seen my baseball?
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 2:35:32 PM EDT
[#28]
My house is Pre-PreBan----circa 1949...
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 2:56:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Hey, come on now.  Showerhead waterflow is serious business and should not be taken lightly.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

And for those of you who DO take showerhead waterflow seriously, the federal law regarding showerheads is found in 42 USC 6295(j)...

Standards for showerheads and faucets
(1) The maximum water use allowed for any showerhead manufactured after January 1, 1994, is 2.5 gallons per minute when measured at a flowing water pressure of 80 pounds per square inch. Any such showerhead shall also meet the requirements of ASME/ANSI A112.18.1M-1989, 7.4.3(a).
(2) The maximum water use allowed for any of the following faucets manufactured after January 1, 1994, when measured at a flowing water pressure of 80 pounds per square inch, is as follows: --------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------- Lavatory faucets 2.5 gallons per minute Lavatory replacement aerators 2.5 gallons per minute Kitchen faucets 2.5 gallons per minute Kitchen replacement aerators 2.5 gallons per minute Metering faucets 0.25 gallons per cycle
-------------------------------
(3)
(A) If the maximum flow rate requirements or the design requirements of ASME/ANSI Standard A112.18.1M-1989 are amended to improve the efficiency of water use of any type or class of showerhead or faucet and are approved by ANSI, the Secretary shall, not later than 12 months after the date of such amendment, publish a final rule establishing an amended uniform national standard for that product at the level specified in the amended ASME/ANSI Standard A112.18.1M and providing that such standard shall apply to products manufactured after a date which is 12 months after the publication of such rule, unless the Secretary determines, by rule published in the Federal Register, that adoption of a uniform national standard at the level specified in such amended ASME/ANSI Standard A112.18.1M -
(i) is not technologically feasible and economically justified
under subsection (o) of this section;
(ii) is not consistent with the maintenance of public health
and safety; or
(iii) is not consistent with the purposes of this chapter.
(B)
(i) As part of the rulemaking conducted under subparagraph (A), the Secretary shall also determine if adoption of a uniform national standard for any type or class of showerhead or faucet more stringent than such amended ASME/ANSI Standard A112.18.1M -
(I) would result in additional conservation of energy or water;
(II) would be technologically feasible and economically
justified under subsection (o) of this section; and
(III) would be consistent with the maintenance of public health
and safety.
(ii) If the Secretary makes an affirmative determination under clause (i), the final rule published under subparagraph (A) shall waive the provisions of section 6297(c) of this title with respect to any State regulation concerning the water use or water efficiency of such type or class of showerhead or faucet if such State regulation -
(I) is more stringent than amended ASME/ANSI Standard
A112.18.1M for such type or class of showerhead or faucet and the
standard in effect for such product on the day before the date on
which a final rule is published under subparagraph (A); and
(II) is applicable to any sale or installation of all products
in such type or class of showerhead or faucet.
(C) If, aft
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 3:05:15 PM EDT
[#30]
So... who regulates these laws?

X-cia plumbers?

You can spot them a mile away.
They have a wrench in thier back pocket and thier butt crack is showing.[:D]

Link Posted: 3/29/2001 3:23:59 PM EDT
[#31]
I bought what I thought was a preban showerhead but I think the dealer just modified a postban to look like a preban. I'm going back to the store and soak that sucker down with his own piece of crap showerhead.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 3:46:55 PM EDT
[#32]
I live in a pre-ban apartment and had post-ban
shower heads on the showers when I moved in.
I took a dremel tool and removed the block.  I
converted them to pre-ban gph.  I hope no one
comes in while I am at the range and checks the serial numbers on my shower heads.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 3:49:50 PM EDT
[#33]
I heard somewhere that William Ruger had something to do with these low-cap showerheads...
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 4:08:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Now for those of you who are thinking of smuggling in post-ban showerheads from Canada or making your own illegal post-ban showerhead, please note: the statutory penalty for posession of an illegal post-ban showerhead with pre-ban waterflow characteristics is 21 days of sponge baths administered by a naked Diane Feinstein.
View Quote

I will let you know that that comment made me have to destroy all my pre-ban faucets.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 4:43:43 PM EDT
[#35]
In addition to the pre-ban/post-ban showerhead requirements, I hope none of you have assembled a showerhead which would have been prohibited from importation from imported showerhead parts.  Of course, if you add the proper number of US made showerhead parts, you'll be legal.

I was thinking of making a SBS (short barreled showerhead) which must be registered by BATF (Bureau of Aqueous and Toilet Flows) until I realized I still didn't have the right number of US made parts.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 4:55:46 PM EDT
[#36]
We have 5-gallon toilets and insanely wasteful showerheads. In and out in less than 5 minutes. Last time I was at the Marriot, the post-ban showerhead was so slow it took 10 minutes to take a shower. PITA.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 5:02:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 5:02:58 PM EDT
[#38]
I have pre-ban toilets with high capacity reservoirs.  I also have illegally modified post ban shower heads with telescoping handles and splash suppressors but the bayonett lugs have been removed[:)]
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 6:43:27 PM EDT
[#39]
after re-reading stubb's original post.i'm now ready to state that he has a very rare pre-preban.i've personally watched these go for $150.00 to $200.00 on e-bay.                    Shaggy,sir don't sweat it about that SBS.go ahead and build it.trust me they're not going to bust you for that alone.they use that law as a add-on charge.one minute you're getting into the shower,next thing flash-bangs are going off all around and the front door is kicked in for not having a blanket on your waterheater. if you're lucky none of the members of the Strategic Waterworks Attack Team will know pre from postban SBS's,but if they do,it will be dropped in the plea bargain.wash well,wash often.best of luck.mmk
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 7:46:02 PM EDT
[#40]
You all had better watch out or some Government Thug will forward all these replies to the Feds.  We will see a whole new batch of No Knock Warrants being served on CNN.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 8:01:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 8:53:15 PM EDT
[#42]
I have a preban toilet! One flush does the job.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 9:29:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Now, my house was built in 1913, and all of the central plumbing is original, since this predates the National Water Act, am I allowed to use an original style full auto showering system? The original was damaged, and we have since replaced it with modern parts, but since all of the actual plumbing is original, I don't see the problem of refurbishing it to it's original intended function and form.
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 6:10:17 AM EDT
[#44]
No, but a do have a pre-ban full power flusher yhat probably uses 5 or 6 gallons per flush. And it's not for sale!!!
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 6:10:48 AM EDT
[#45]
No, but a do have a pre-ban full power flusher that probably uses 5 or 6 gallons per flush. And it's not for sale!!!
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 10:51:18 AM EDT
[#46]
Outlaw showerheads and only outlaws will have showerheads!

You guys seem to be overlooking something....

THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!

What happens if one of those hi-capacity showerheads falls into the hands of a reckless teenager?

I, personally, am in favor of safety locks on ALL showerheads.  This way, we wont be faced with the possiblity of accidental water discharge.  

Then again, what happens in an emergency when you have to act and act quickly?

You've been cleaning your rifles all day and you've got carbon and oil and sweat and cleaning fluid all over yourself, and a hot blonde shows up unexpectedly at the door...what do you do??  What do you do?

Oh the humanity.
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 10:58:42 AM EDT
[#47]
Oh yea-you know tha label on your mattress that say do not tear off under the penalty of law?....I tore mine OFF!!!!!!!! BuaHAHAHAHAHA.... My shower head is chrome lined too-on the outside!
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 11:18:01 AM EDT
[#48]
ALL YOUR SHOWERHEADS ARE BELONG TO US!
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 11:30:58 AM EDT
[#49]
ARRRGGGHHHH!!!! The ATF is beating down my door (ATF=Anti Toilet Flushers) They found out I have an illegally modified postban shower head...I am at the kitchen sink with sprayer in hand...please send help, I don't know how long I can keep them away!!!
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 11:34:42 AM EDT
[#50]
Mine must be pre-ban. It has a splash supressor.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top