Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/28/2005 9:44:22 PM EDT
He apparently loves airsoft because it is the closest that he can get to the real deal.  Apparently he has spent Hundreds of dollars on an Airsoft Sniper rifle, and wants to feel the recoil of a real rifle unfortunately I don't have a 50 BMG.  He is not interested in shooting a .22 and or a 38 soo.  What do you guys think of my selection of firearms for tomorrow.

Remington 700 in '06 for recoil

Mossberg 590 da1 with Birdshot and a couple of 3 inch magnum slugs for fun.

A Sig P228 and P226

HK .45

Glock 40  

Do you guys think I am leaving anything out?

Update we went and had a great time.

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:45:26 PM EDT
[#1]
If that's all you have, then no.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:45:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:47:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Just kidding guys AR is going with me
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:50:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Get some big games loads for the .06 and he'll probably get more recoil than he could ever wish for after all his airsoft time.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:51:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Too bad you didnt have more time or you could have lined up a .303 Enfield for him.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:51:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:53:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
In just a coupla weeks if he's still around you both should go to www.machinegunshoot.com

Unfortunately he is leaving on Sunday
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:55:53 PM EDT
[#8]
With the 12 gauge:  Load the birdshot for you...shoot it effortlessly, the reload it for him with th 3 inch mag slugs.  Then let him shoot.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:59:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Kickass!  I'm taking a British girl shooting on Sunday.  She's never shot a gun in her life, but after seeing what went down in NO, she wants to learn how to shoot and she wants her (American) husband to buy a gun for them to have at the house.

God bless America, folks.  We'll have converted another to our ways as of Sunday.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:01:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Be sure to cover all the safety rules, provide eyes-n-ears,  ....

Then, please, stand back & take lots of good pics of that first shot for our entertainment.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:02:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Then, please, stand back & take lots of good pics of that first shot for our entertainment.  

I will take pics, and I am letting him keep the targets to take home with him.

Are shot up targets legal in England?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:07:19 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I will take pics, and I am letting him keep the targets to take home with him.

Are shot up targets legal in England?

I've taken many a new person shooting, including Europeans, and you have all the bases covered (in terms of variety of weaponry).

He should enjoy himself!

- BG
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:07:43 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Kickass!  I'm taking a British girl shooting on Sunday.  She's never shot a gun in her life, but after seeing what went down in NO, she wants to learn how to shoot and she wants her (American) husband to buy a gun for them to have at the house.

God bless America, folks.  We'll have converted another to our ways as of Sunday.

Canadian girls, english girls....quite the internationalist, aren't you!
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:10:59 PM EDT
[#14]
12 gage slugs are missing from the itinerary.

Bring 1 liter bottles filled with water.

Bring a box of clay pidgeons as targets.

Did I mention Tannerite yet?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:14:07 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
12 gage slugs are missing from the itinerary.

Bring 1 liter bottles filled with water.

Bring a box of clay pidgeons as targets.

Did I mention Tannerite yet?

I did include slugs.  No tannerite on the Range I might have to pick up some clay pidgeons
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:18:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Get some cut outs of famouse british people for targets
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:18:39 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Ummm what is the name of this site?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:29:16 PM EDT
[#18]
I was joking about leaving the Ar out.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:49:30 PM EDT
[#19]
I can almost feel the british dude's excitement.

I had to play airsoft in high school, and when I went to Vegas i could barely contain myself... collected all the brass and took it home too
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:12:24 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Canadian girls, english girls....quite the internationalist, aren't you!

Indeed!  The Canadian might be breaking up with me, though, so we'll see where that leads...
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:16:38 PM EDT
[#21]
w00t!
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:18:30 PM EDT
[#22]
I took a Brit shooting one time. Just holding the AR gave him such an adreniline rush he was shaking. That alone was worth it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:58:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Cool!  I'll bet he loves it!  post pix.

I have invited one of my colleagues here in Tokyo (Suzuki-san) to come shooting with me when he comes to Texas next year.  (AR15, AR10, 1911, 10-22's, shotguns).  He's never even held a gun before.  I hope he doesn't chicken out.  I love introducing people to shooting;  I consider it recruiting!
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:55:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Does anyone have a link that I can't print some targets off?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:01:15 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Sorry if I'm wrong in interpreting your request but here you go.
targets
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:55:11 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

targets

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:57:21 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
He apparently loves airsoft because it is the closest that he can get to the real deal.  Apparently he has spent Hundreds of dollars on an Airsoft Sniper rifle, and wants to feel the recoil of a real rifle unfortunately I don't have a 50 BMG.  He is not interested in shooting a .22 and or a 38 soo.  What do you guys think of my selection of firearms for tomorrow.

Remington 700 in '06 for recoil

Mossberg 590 da1 with Birdshot and a couple of 3 inch magnum slugs for fun.

A Sig P228 and P226

HK .45

Glock 40  

Uhhh an AR?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:10:05 AM EDT
[#28]
M1911 he is shooting in the USA you know...

Dont forget a garand and of course to be nice an enfield.   I'm sure a post in your hometown forum can turn some of these up.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:14:05 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
He apparently loves airsoft because it is the closest that he can get to the real deal.  Apparently he has spent Hundreds of dollars on an Airsoft Sniper rifle, and wants to feel the recoil of a real rifle

Absolute bollocks.

Why doesn't he join a shooting club and learn to shoot. That's what we all did.
All my guns are real and I live in Britian.

He bought an Airsoft sniper rifle because he's an idiot, or because he doesn't know any better, not because it's the closest thing he can get to the real deal.

Ever heard of Bisley ranges???? It's the biggest shooting range complex in the world, and yes folks, It's in England.
If he really wants to shoot, then why doesn't he contact the UK NRA and have them point him in the direction of a local club?

rant over

Hope he enjoys himself anyhow

Mark
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:30:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Hope you have bought him a hunting license, otherwise he is not permitted firearms or ammunition.

From the ATF FAQ:

A15) Q. May foreign visitors and other aliens legally in the United States purchase or possess firearms and ammunition while in the United States? [Back]

A. Nonimmigrant aliens generally are prohibited from possessing or receiving (purchasing) firearms and ammunition in the United States.

There are exceptions to this general prohibition. The exceptions are as follows:

nonimmigrant aliens who possess a valid hunting license or permit lawfully issued by a State in the United States;

nonimmigrant aliens entering the United States to participate in a competitive target shooting event or to display firearms at a sports or hunting trade show sponsored by a national, State, or local firearms trade organization devoted to the competitive use or other sporting use of firearms;

certain diplomats;

officials of foreign governments or distinguished foreign visitors so designated by the U.S. State Department;

foreign law enforcement officers of friendly foreign governments entering the United States on official law enforcement business; and

persons who have received a waiver from the prohibition from the U.S. Attorney General.
Significantly, even if a nonimmigrant alien falls within one of these exceptions, the nonimmigrant alien CANNOT purchase a firearm from a Federal firearms licensee (FFL) unless he or she (1) has an alien number or admission number from the Immigration and Naturalization Service AND (2) can provide the FFL with documentation showing that he or she has resided in a State within the United States for 90 days prior to the firearms transaction.

(A16) Q. Typically, who are "nonimmigrant aliens?" [Back]

In large part, nonimmigrant aliens are persons traveling temporarily in the United States for business or pleasure, persons studying in the United States who maintain a foreign residence abroad, and certain foreign workers. Permanent resident aliens are NOT nonimmigrant aliens. (Permanent resident aliens often are referred to as people with "Green Cards").

(A17) Q. How do I obtain a waiver from the Attorney General? [Back]

You must contact the Department of Justice for information on that procedure. However, in order to even apply for the waiver you must have resided in the United States continuously for at least 180 days prior to submitting your application.

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:44:31 AM EDT
[#31]
^
^
^
|
|
|
That is for people wishing to bring their own firearms into the US or for those wanting to borrow them.
If he is in the company of a US citizen and is just shooting their firearms, then it's no problem.
I know, I've done it.

How do you think those tourist shooting ranges work??

On a side note...why even bring this up .
If SigSaurP228 wants to take his friend shooting, then that's his business, and good luck to them.

There is another thread in the Ammo forum anout the US turning into a nation of snitches.
Hope that really isn't the case

Mark
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:45:41 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Hope you have bought him a hunting license, otherwise he is not permitted firearms or ammunition.

From the ATF FAQ:

A15) Q. May foreign visitors and other aliens legally in the United States purchase or possess firearms and ammunition while in the United States? [Back]

A. Nonimmigrant aliens generally are prohibited from possessing or receiving (purchasing) firearms and ammunition in the United States.

There are exceptions to this general prohibition. The exceptions are as follows:

nonimmigrant aliens who possess a valid hunting license or permit lawfully issued by a State in the United States;

nonimmigrant aliens entering the United States to participate in a competitive target shooting event or to display firearms at a sports or hunting trade show sponsored by a national, State, or local firearms trade organization devoted to the competitive use or other sporting use of firearms;

certain diplomats;

officials of foreign governments or distinguished foreign visitors so designated by the U.S. State Department;

foreign law enforcement officers of friendly foreign governments entering the United States on official law enforcement business; and

persons who have received a waiver from the prohibition from the U.S. Attorney General.
Significantly, even if a nonimmigrant alien falls within one of these exceptions, the nonimmigrant alien CANNOT purchase a firearm from a Federal firearms licensee (FFL) unless he or she (1) has an alien number or admission number from the Immigration and Naturalization Service AND (2) can provide the FFL with documentation showing that he or she has resided in a State within the United States for 90 days prior to the firearms transaction.

(A16) Q. Typically, who are "nonimmigrant aliens?" [Back]

In large part, nonimmigrant aliens are persons traveling temporarily in the United States for business or pleasure, persons studying in the United States who maintain a foreign residence abroad, and certain foreign workers. Permanent resident aliens are NOT nonimmigrant aliens. (Permanent resident aliens often are referred to as people with "Green Cards").

(A17) Q. How do I obtain a waiver from the Attorney General? [Back]

You must contact the Department of Justice for information on that procedure. However, in order to even apply for the waiver you must have resided in the United States continuously for at least 180 days prior to submitting your application.

No one will know, but just in case tell him not to smile or say "yeah baby" too much,  that'll blow his cover.

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:52:10 AM EDT
[#33]
You are right - its HIGHLY unlikey that anyone will know, and even if they do, I think its unlikely that they would do anything about it.

I have taken family members and friends visiting from England out shooting (before I knew about this). These days I might be tempted to get hunting licenses - the only thing that makes that a bit problematic is the profiteering by OR when it comes to licenses for out of state people.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:21:00 AM EDT
[#34]
Anyone know where this British guy is from?  

The only reasons I can think of him not being able to hold fireams and only shoot airsoft is that he may be excluded from owning them........

......... ie. Criminal Offences not spent under the Rebahilitation of Offenders Act......... Medically unfit........ etc

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:21:57 AM EDT
[#35]
OJNTSA

The last person I took shooting was an American from this site. ( We had a great time)
He got to shoot My AR. In  the UK ?   I hear you ask....YES  !!!   in the UK.

I never make comments or judgements about American Law because I know how diverse and complicated the laws are across the whole country. ( I even started a thread so I could understand your laws better)

Why do people keep assuming guns are banned in the UK....Let Google be your friend...
Limited and heavily restricted but none the less we have them and we shoot them.

Regards
Taffy
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:25:29 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Anyone know where this British guy is from?  

The only reasons I can think of him not being able to hold fireams and only shoot airsoft is that he may be excluded from owning them........

......... ie. Criminal Offences not spent under the Rebahilitation of Offenders Act......... Medically unfit........ etc

Or he's just plain ignorant of the law

Mark
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:26:50 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

targets

Nice selection.  That's worthy of a bookmark.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:36:15 AM EDT
[#38]
And if you don't teach him to bumpfire that AR, you haven't done your duty!!!!!

and its funny that I understand the Barrels fo AR's are the restricted piece in GBR..righto???

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:40:12 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
OJNTSA

The last person I took shooting was an American from this site. ( We had a great time)

I never make comments or judgements about American Law because I know how diverse and complicated the laws are across the whole country. ( I even started a thread so I could understand your laws better)

Why do people keep assuming guns are banned in the UK....Let Google be your friend...
Limited and heavily restricted but none the less we have them and we shoot them.

www.hunt101.com/img/313363.JPG

Regards
Taffy

Are those both straight-pulls?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:59:02 AM EDT
[#40]

my advice, take him shooting, enjoy yourselves and then ask him why he only shoots plastic shit and doesn't hold a firearms license.
We shoot some pretty fine AR's over here.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 11:08:38 AM EDT
[#41]

Im In the Uk and have an Ar Too,

Shooting doesnt get much Good press here,

I mean were holding the olympics and out pistol team cant even practice here!!!

James,
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 11:15:35 AM EDT
[#42]
I don't know what the deal is I just feel bad for the guy and want him to expirience true fun.  BTW you UK guys have some good looking Ars
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 11:18:52 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Get some big games loads for the .06 and he'll probably get more recoil than he could ever wish for after all his airsoft time.

preferably some hot 220gr loads
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:09:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:12:55 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
OJNTSA

Regards
Taffy

Interesting.  I'd thought it was only shotguns and pellet guns (air rifles).  Good to know.

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:20:25 PM EDT
[#46]
SigSaur,
You're the only one professional enough to carry a Glock 40 right?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:25:16 PM EDT
[#47]
No siree bob (or whatever the American is), theres no guns herehttp://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00217181f00000117.jpg

.223 (with UK "improvements")

http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00217181f00000115.jpg

.357 (again improved by HM Gov)

http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00217181f00000100.jpg

AR with silencer (its nice to shoot quietlyhttp://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00217181f00000096.jpg

So not quiet down to airsoft yethard

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 3:12:51 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:
OJNTSA

Regards
Taffy

Are those both straight-pulls?

yup
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:29:52 PM EDT
[#49]
BTT update for pics
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:35:26 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

I have taken family members and friends visiting from England out shooting (before I knew about this). These days I might be tempted to get hunting licenses - the only thing that makes that a bit problematic is the profiteering by OR when it comes to licenses for out of state people.

IIRC, the hunting licence doesn't have to be from OR (as long as you don't want to hunt in OR - and let's face it, who'd let a complete tyro out hunting?). A Florida one is cheap and available over the internet.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top