Member Login

Site Notices
4/1/2020 4:14:10 PM
4/1/2020 6:58:51 AM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/2/2005 3:33:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/3/2005 5:06:55 PM EDT by MrsGungho]
The dog woke me up about 7 or so this morning, needing out. I get up, go to the front door to let him out and the gate in the front of the house is standing wide open. Odd because we always leave this damn thing closed so the dogs don't go wandering off. So I go out and shut it, think maybe I better check the back too. It's closed and the bolt slid over on it so I do a quick search in the dark, shed ok, garage ok, cars ok. everything looks ok.

I go in, let the dogs out then head into the kitchen to get a drink while I wait on them. I pull the curtains on the window. Now my first gaze when I pull these windows is my angel statue sitting at the foot of the flagpole. She gives me comfort when I need it.  MrGH had gotten me this for our anniversary present a few years back.

I look out and she is gone.  I am sitting here not knowing what to think, rage is a thought, yet all I want to do is cry for the saddness of her being gone.

When it gets to be daylight and everyone is up, I am going to take a walk around the area and see if I can find her. Not sure of the material that she was made of, but it isn't something that can break easily.
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 3:54:50 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 3:59:46 AM EDT
She is not ceramic, metal, plastic, rubber, glass or wood.
Honestly I am not sure, but she very well could be carbon fiber.  I do know I dropped her when placing her out there because of her weight and she didn't break.  That's one reason I am going to go walking today. I know it was a prank, and due to her weight I wouldn't think they would carry her far. The railroad tracks is going to be my first spot to look.
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 4:05:05 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 4:13:00 AM EDT
Maybe not carbon fiber then. About 30 inches or so I think.
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 4:16:40 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 4:20:31 AM EDT
Was more evenly distrubuted I think. It's been a couple of years since I moved her, so I am not sure. When I got her, I found the perfect spot and she has stayed there since. All I do is pull weed around her when they pop up.  The lilGH is up, so everyone else should be rousing soon and it is getting daylight finally. I'll update on if I find her.
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 4:22:29 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 5:27:49 AM EDT
maybe god needed her back?

sorry hun, hope you find her.

J
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 5:30:13 AM EDT
Sorry to hear that.
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 5:40:14 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Aim4MyHead:
maybe god needed her back?

J

Funny you say that, because one of the first things I told MR when he woke up was, I hope whoever has her gets as much comfort out of her as I did.

He says she is some type of resin, breakable, but it would take a good smashing to do it.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 6:15:48 AM EDT
The hellions that would steal your angel need the fear of God beat into them (in a Christ-like manner, of course)!
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 6:35:18 AM EDT
well I just got home. Now where to be found. I knew it wouldn't be, but I was hoping.

Persephone...  I agree with you 100%... now if I could just find them!
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 7:03:29 AM EDT
That sucks.  I have a St. Francis that my mom gave me for my garden and it sorta the same for me as your angel is.  I would be mightily ticked if something happened to him.  I would go ahead and report it to the police just for future reference.  When I was a kid we had this teenager in the neighborhood that would steal stuff like that all the time, he was finally picked up for truancy and they found tons of stuff in his room that belonged to people in the neighborhood.  You never know, your angel might still be out there somewhere.
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 7:12:12 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 7:25:24 AM EDT
Jeez, that sucks.  After you replace the angel, you should replace the dogs........they didn't do a very good job and let you know someone was in the yard.
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 8:40:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/2/2005 8:42:06 AM EDT by MrsGungho]

Did you do any tracking? Footprints? drag marks? Etc?

I didn't see anything in the yard. Once on the sidewalk  to the gate, it is concrete from there on out. sidewalk, street etc.. Chalk it up to city living and know not to put one out there again... oh yeah, a lock for the front gate so it is harder for them to get in next time.

you should replace the dogs

yes the dogs slept thru it. 2 of them in the living room too. Just inside the front door. Hearing aides maybe so they can fricken hear.
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 8:41:09 AM EDT
aw, that sucks mrs. gh

here's hoping she makes it back in your yard

maybe its a temporary prank and she will reappear in your yard, unharmed  

that doesnt make it better, but maybe its comforting  
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 9:03:14 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Persephone:
The hellions that would steal your angel need the fear of God beat into them (in a Christ-like manner, of course)!

LOL Can I get an AMEN!

Hope you find her MrsGH.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 1:53:26 AM EDT
Sorry to hear MrsG!!
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 1:58:14 AM EDT
need one of those on sensors for the front yard with a remote!!
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 3:29:20 AM EDT

Originally Posted By MarianLibrarian:
 I would go ahead and report it to the police just for future reference.

Since this is an ongoing problem in our neighborhood. (our losses total over 1K alone) I have called the police. They are suppose to step up patrols from 9p-6a. Of course they have said that before.. Not much else they can get in the yard, the canoe.. but it is chained to the fence. Bust another window on the tahoe.. but we keep it empty now. The garage is like fort knox.. even I have trouble getting in.  My car.. well it has an alarm on it, so I wish they would break into it.. the wrath of one irate Marine would be on them real friggen quick.  With my christmas present to boot.. I bet we wouldn't have problems again!
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 4:55:08 AM EDT
Maybe the angel will start showing up in Travelocity commercials?

Link Posted: 1/3/2005 5:04:56 AM EDT

Originally Posted By DDiggler:

Link Posted: 1/3/2005 5:05:39 AM EDT

Originally Posted By DDiggler:

hey if that's the case.. I'll still get to see her right?
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 5:12:11 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 5:37:11 AM EDT

Originally Posted By MrsGungho:

Originally Posted By MarianLibrarian:
 I would go ahead and report it to the police just for future reference.

Since this is an ongoing problem in our neighborhood. (our losses total over 1K alone) I have called the police. They are suppose to step up patrols from 9p-6a. Of course they have said that before.. Not much else they can get in the yard, the canoe.. but it is chained to the fence. Bust another window on the tahoe.. but we keep it empty now. The garage is like fort knox.. even I have trouble getting in.  My car.. well it has an alarm on it, so I wish they would break into it.. the wrath of one irate Marine would be on them real friggen quick.  With my christmas present to boot.. I bet we wouldn't have problems again!

MAN!  Where the heck do you live?  1800-REMAX and 1800UHaul ASAP!  If you like VA, we can fix ya up a room till ya find a place!  
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 7:46:17 AM EDT
I'm so sorry!  How low do you have to go in order to steal an angel from someone's yard??
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 8:39:00 AM EDT
I have come to terms with it now. I look where she was and say a prayer for the bastard person who stole her. I have my comfort. She isn't there, but the gift of her still is.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 9:11:01 AM EDT
Hopefully you won't be receiving envelopes containing little resin fingers in your mailbox, asking for ransom!

Link Posted: 1/3/2005 5:06:28 PM EDT
Well I have an update folks.
I vented on another local message board I go to now and then. A very nice lady from that board is giving me an angel to replace my stolen one. I get to go pick her up tomorrow. She says it is her way of righting the wrong. Note, just like with everyone here, I have never met this woman and probably never will again after tomorrow.  Just for the worry warts... I am meeting her at her place of employment. Actually I may not even meet her, she is leaving it at the front desk in case I come while she is out.
If you are all interested.. I will post pics of the new angel in her place of honor tomorrow sometime.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 5:18:57 PM EDT
Glad to hear that..  Lets see pics when you  can
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 5:19:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/3/2005 5:19:12 PM EDT by SigZiggy]
Sounds like some positive news at least. Glad to hear you're getting a new one.

What the original angel brought to you is in your heart, and no thief can ever steal that from you.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 5:21:56 PM EDT

Well I have an update folks.
I vented on another local message board I go to now and then. A very nice lady from that board is giving me an angel to replace my stolen one. I get to go pick her up tomorrow. She says it is her way of righting the wrong. Note, just like with everyone here, I have never met this woman and probably never will again after tomorrow.  Just for the worry warts... I am meeting her at her place of employment. Actually I may not even meet her, she is leaving it at the front desk in case I come while she is out.
If you are all interested.. I will post pics of the new angel in her place of honor tomorrow sometime.

There ARE good people in the world.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 5:36:30 PM EDT
ok now you have a mission. PROTECT THE ANGEL. she is your principal and you must protect her with your life.

First things first lets set up a perimeter. lets find the weak points in your property and focus on securing those.Poor lighting,weak or low fence, etc

Secondly lets make a threat assessment list. Do we know of any threats in the area that would pose a security risk?Lets go over your daily activities, see if we can find routines that may be spotted by the threat.

Finally lets go over methods of securing the principal or rigging her so that the household and animals will be alerted if the principle is tampered with. Running fishing line back towards the home attached to cans or bottles so that if the principle is moved there will be a sound. Installing a motion light is also a good idea.Land mines, motion activated machine guns, surface to air missles, trained attack dogs, a few drunken irish men will do the trick as well.

Or you could just get Mr. Gungho's ass out there at night to guard the her.

J
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 5:41:32 PM EDT

ok now you have a mission. PROTECT THE ANGEL. she is your principal and you must protect her with your life.

First things first lets set up a perimeter. lets find the weak points in your property and focus on securing those.Poor lighting,weak or low fence, etc

Secondly lets make a threat assessment list. Do we know of any threats in the area that would pose a security risk?Lets go over your daily activities, see if we can find routines that may be spotted by the threat.

Finally lets go over methods of securing the principal or rigging her so that the household and animals will be alerted if the principle is tampered with. Running fishing line back towards the home attached to cans or bottles so that if the principle is moved there will be a sound. Installing a motion light is also a good idea.Land mines, motion activated machine guns, surface to air missles, trained attack dogs, a few drunken irish men will do the trick as well.

J

I like the way this man thinks!  "Touch the angel and meet your maker!"
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 5:45:53 PM EDT

J

freak    

id love to see before (if youve got one) and after pix, mrs gh
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 6:08:33 PM EDT
Good luck with your new Angel.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 6:14:37 PM EDT

J

weak points would be... the front gate with no lock on it. Of course now it has one... I must remove it every morning and put it back at dark every night.

Lighting is another factor.. it is poor in the front. No motion lights since other then my angel and stepping stone (both from MrGH), there isn't anything out there.

threats would be the scum moving into all the rental properties about 4 blocks down. 3 blocks down your in a good place.. go that extra block.. fear for your life!

Motion lights will be purchased and installed as soon as we can swing it.  The neighbor across the street says he'll go out more often at night to smoke, just to watch things for a bit.  I'll see what I can figure out as far as rigging something to the new angel..

I don't think the land mines and such would go over well... but damn what a GREAT idea!!!!

DC.. I don't think I have a before pic, unless it is in the background of some from lilgh this summer, but I will scour to try to find at least one.

Link Posted: 1/3/2005 6:21:26 PM EDT
And get a real watch dog!
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 8:07:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By diabolical_chicken:

freak    

id love to see before (if youve got one) and after pix, mrs gh

Thank you

J
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 2:01:26 AM EDT
All you need to protect it is a guardian angel...

No, wait...

Link Posted: 1/4/2005 12:06:34 PM EDT

Here she is. SHe is concrete, so very heavy.. a little smaller then the previous angel I had, and mine was holding a bird for release. But this one is just as pretty.
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 12:25:59 PM EDT
That is really nice. Congrats.
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 12:35:23 PM EDT
You must have buried the trip-wire pretty well...I can't even see it in that pic!
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 12:53:46 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 12:58:41 PM EDT
Awww.  I'm glad you got a new angel to watch over you.  She is very pretty.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:36:20 AM EDT

img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/nuttinhny/angel002.jpg

Here she is. SHe is concrete, so very heavy.. a little smaller then the previous angel I had, and mine was holding a bird for release. But this one is just as pretty.

She is very beautiful. So glad you have another one...
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:42:49 AM EDT

img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/nuttinhny/angel002.jpg

What does the writing on the rock behind her say?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:44:01 AM EDT

Originally Posted By PointlessSilly:
What does the writing on the rock behind her say?

"Grow old along with me. The best is yet to be."

A gift  for the hell of it from MrGH last summer.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:49:22 AM EDT
sorry about your angel, glad you a got a new one. set a booby trap under it. put some C4 attached to it, so if it moves, who ever is trying to take it goes boom.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top