Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2005 10:36:42 PM EDT
I have a screwed up drive, the "media slave", it does not have the O/S on it.

I am running Easy Recovery Pro to try and get all my stuff off of it, so I can put a new drive in it.

It gets to this one .jpeg file and thats about it. Its still processing blocks, one by one ever so slowly

Right now its been running  almost 48 hours, and is up to 786089/1249947 (19.08 G HD). The Remaining time has risen from 6 hours (right after it started) to 25 hours.

Can/should I delete this file from a DOS prompt, or should I just let it do what it does????

Thanks!

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:08:30 AM EDT
[#1]
you can try deleting the file.  see what it does.   if it still will not get past that point.   find out what made your drive.  maxtor, WD, seagate, samsung, fujitsu.   and we can list a diagnostic utility that can possiblly fix the problem
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:41:55 AM EDT
[#2]
It is a Maxtor.

I dont know what this means, but in Easy Recovery Pro, next to Maxtor it has this code.   2B020H1

Supposed to be 20G, but its reading 19.08

Thanks!

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:08:34 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It is a Maxtor.

I dont know what this means, but in Easy Recovery Pro, next to Maxtor it has this code.   2B020H1

Supposed to be 20G, but its reading 19.08

2b020h1  is probably the model number or SN of the hardrive.   maxtor hd utility
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:56:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Something is wrong, because I can run a that recovery program on 120 gig drive and it only takes about 3-4 hours, if that.

Do you have it set it to recover all file types or just jpgs?

-d
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:43:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Something is wrong, because I can run a that recovery program on 120 gig drive and it only takes about 3-4 hours, if that.

Do you have it set it to recover all file types or just jpgs?

-d

All files. I have music, letters, old work stuff, all kinds of stored data. And I'd like to get them all.

Its still moving along, as long as there is progress, there is hope in my mind. It just finished 70%, 88 hours!

And Im sure there is something wrong, the disk is FUBAR'ed.

Thanks!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top