Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2004 7:23:34 PM EDT
All this politics and election and war and Berg and prison photos and all the crap.
I am physicaly and mentaly exhausted from it all. I know its important and I care deeply about it all but I need a break from it.
I was walking home after a conversation about the MLK naming of the street in my town and realized I needed a break from the crap. Then I get home to an e-mail from my Dad who is against the war and Bush and we are butting heads over it. I had to write a response keeping my emotions in check and using facts and it was draining.
Its no wonder the dems can go on and on. It takes no effort if you just talk about how you feel. If you try to keep your emotions out of it it gets extremely difficult and tiresome.
I am gonna take a couple mental days off. I need it.
The thing with my Dad is the most tiring and stressful. I always thought he was smarter that me but he's cutting and pasting liberal BS and I have to go dig up the facts to reply. Funny, he's always been a conservative voter. Of course, in Canada that means farther left than a Democrat. I didnt know that until recently.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 7:30:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm with ya brother. Its exhausting. Sometimes you just gotta unplug from it all - at least I hafta.

Its Firebase Gloria  for us as COnservatives - always anticipating the next sneak attack, always on the defensive, always having to fend off the VC Dems.

Was it Franklin or Adams that called it the "animating contest of freedom." ??

Who said "eternal vigilance is the price of liberty"???

Still, you gotta get away from it every once in a while.

(I can honestly say my faith that God is in control of it all helps me)

Link Posted: 5/14/2004 7:36:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the same problem understanding why people don't 'think' like I do.  I think that's why I come to this site: it makes me realize that there are sane people left in this world.  My parents still live in Canada and I run into the same 'head butting' on many issues.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 7:43:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Agreed.  I tmust be nice to be a liberal and just spout off endless shit based on what "feels right" rather than actually having to take the time to sift through data, find hard facts, document things, excluse emotion, and form an honest defensible position on issues.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 7:47:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Gman,
I was raised a Catholic but that jaded me to religion and God. I have to admit, this site has made me think more and more about getting back in touch with God and I have started praying again. I made a rule to never ask for me though. I only pray for others.
I feel like you too C4, our position seems based on logic and fact, not emotion and its difficult to see how people cant see that.
My Dad dissapoints me though.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 7:51:47 PM EDT
[#5]
captainpooby,

I hear you man.

After this week. I feel as if I've been emotionally mugged, and it hurts.

-LS
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 7:53:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
captainpooby,

I hear you man.

After this week. I feel as if I've been emotionally mugged, and it hurts.

-LS

Word.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 7:54:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Shoot something, drink something, and eat some hot wings. That's my stress relief formula.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 7:57:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Gotta work tomorrow and Sunday but I'm takin my new Kimber out for another run Tues.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 8:24:49 PM EDT
[#9]
That's a start
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 8:26:08 PM EDT
[#10]
All the shit I hear from the media gets old real quick. Today I had the pleasure to talk with one of the Engineers from work who just got back after spending 14 months in iraq.  I asked him if it was as bad as the media protrays it.  While not wanting to diminish the dangers over there, he said he didn't feel it was "the doom and gloom" that the news makes it out to be. He said that the insurgents are being eliminated each day, more then the media knows or tells. According to him there is a lot that the media isn't aware of. Hearing this from someone who was there is a hell of alot better then the crap the news spews out.
Link Posted: 5/15/2004 9:41:04 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Gman,
I was raised a Catholic but that jaded me to religion and God. I have to admit, this site has made me think more and more about getting back in touch with God and I have started praying again. I made a rule to never ask for me though. I only pray for others.

Two pieces of advice -

1. Religion is NOT the answer. An external set of rules only weighs us down more. The answer is in a personal, liberating relasionship with Jesus Christ.

2. GO burn a couple 30 rounders fast as you can pull the trigger. Its teh sound fo freedom, baby!!

Hang in there, bro.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top