Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2004 5:42:24 PM EDT
I am frankly shocked at the behavior of US prison gaurds at Abu Ghraib prison. In the annals of war crimes in history, this is the most appalling. Our soldiers, when unsupervised by higher authority, did not machine gun groups of prisoners, or herd them into barns and set them on fire, rather they stripped them naked and (horror) forced them to assume embarassing positions. They didn't grant them the dignity of burning them alive, or poisoning villages with phosgene gas, or sarin, they brazenly ridiculed them. Some reports indicate these barbarians may have even committed the atrocity of viciously laughing at their helpless prisoners. US troops, barbaric by any decent standards, weren't satisfied with beheading, hanging, or starving their charges to death, they actually dared to photograph them with womens panties on their heads. In fact, they were so lacking in conscience, the perpetrators even allowed themselves to be photographed with their victims. Other armies in the past merely bayoneted the weak, sick or injured, whereas US forces give them 1st world medical care, bringing them up to full health, so that these undisciplined visigoths can sadistically expose their tender flesh to the blinding light of flashcubes. Obviously unconcerned with the customs of how the rest of the civilized nations in that geographic area treat their prisoners of war, it appears that US forces use advanced interrogation techniques on their prisoners. They don't merely pull out fingernails, gouge out eyes, burn with hot needles or break bones with baseball bats, US forces have been known to actually put cloth bags over their victims heads and not let them get a regular sleep schedule. Surely the world must react to these atrocities when laid bare, in plain view of the civilized world community of Arabs, Japanese, Russians, Germans, Vietnamese, Chinese, Columbians, Argentinians, Congolese and Frrrenchmen.

The opinion of the world must be one of complete horror. Sure we've seen such mild cases as Auschwitz, the Bataan Death March, the Tiger Cages, The Killing Fields, the Mass Graves in former Yugoslavia, the UN refugee camps of butchered Tutsi tribesmen in the Congo, the treatment of Russian prisoners by the Germans, and the German prisoners by the Russians, and the techniques used by the French in suppressing the revolt in Algeria, but this, this deliberate discomfort and embarasment, done without authorization, by rampaging US soldiers, goes beyond the pale. Surely there will be a price to be paid for our barbarity.

---Cardinal Fang, fetch forth the "Comfy Chair"!
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:44:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:47:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Kinda puts things in perspective, don't it???

Its a war. Its OK to kill the enemy, but don't you dare make them self-conscious or attack their self-worth.

Makes me think all Liberals must hit like girls.

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:54:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm all about the perspective
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:59:16 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
In the anals of war crimes in history,

Anals?
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:01:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Greywolf, submit your post to DUh- I'd be interested to see what you get for a reaction...
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:01:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Anals?

Damn, you beat me to it!

Rectum?  Damn near killed 'em!
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:02:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
"In the anals of war crimes in history, this is the most appalling."

Hehehehehe....you said anals......heheheheheheh!
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:02:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I'd get banned in a nanosecond :)

Yeah, "anals" - like people who get anal over spelling - :)  j/k
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:05:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Dont make me turn you in to Officer Spellgood.

Nonbody wants that to happen.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:06:39 PM EDT
[#10]
ROFL - yeesh, you'd think I'd farted in church or showed up at a shoot yelling "GUNS ARE EVIL! and I'm voting for Hillary!"
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:09:47 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Anals?

Talk about a Freudian slip.....
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:21:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Thank You!  Finally, somebody with sack enough to post the obvious.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:23:47 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm in agreement!
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 8:21:50 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Some reports indicate these barbarians may have even committed the atrocity of viciously laughing at their helpless prisoners.

They shoved chemlights up their asses. They forced them to orally copulate eachother. There are allegations at least one of the female soldiers exposed themselves.  Now I *might* find find that understandable if it was done for a inteligence gathering purpose. But it appears that is not the case. It appears these acts were done only for the entertainment, and possibly sexual gratification, of the Army resevists.  
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 8:31:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 8:45:51 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Some reports indicate these barbarians may have even committed the atrocity of viciously laughing at their helpless prisoners.

They shoved chemlights up their asses. They forced them to orally copulate eachother. There are allegations at least one of the female soldiers exposed themselves.  Now I *might* find find that understandable if it was done for a inteligence gathering purpose. But it appears that is not the case. It appears these acts were done only for the entertainment, and possibly sexual gratification, of the Army resevists.  

As mentioned in your thread earlier, you might want to hang loose until the actual facts come out.  Getting your panties in a wad over the wild accusations of our enemies (foreign and domestic) might be a little hasty.  

Even if another photo never comes out. What has already been documented on film rates court martials.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 8:55:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Reminds me of a joke I heard on CGN about a guy with a dog on a leash and a twenty guage slung over his shoulder!     A friend asked him(since it wasn't hunting season) what are you going to do with that dog?

He replyed Shoot him!

Friend replys  Is he Mad?

He replys well he ain't too fucking happy about it!

Thats what we have going on there,we ain't too happy about it!

Bob
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 8:58:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 4:30:19 PM EDT
[#19]
And of course, with today's news of the beheading, it is obvious that our horrible abuse of the Iraqi prisoners is MUCH worse than anything the peace-loving Islamics would ever do.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 11:17:43 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Greywolf, submit your post to DUh- I'd be interested to see what you get for a reaction...

What he would get is banned from DU.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top