User Panel

Posted: 12/31/2002 9:37:11 PM EDT
FOR BEING HOME ON NEW YEARS EVE??!! [:D]

Are we a sad bunch or what?  [:)]

Man, I feel like SHEET!

Happy New Years, Gentlemen!
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 9:43:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a house, wife, kids, & a dog. Rented a couple DVD's, and picked up a couple good bottles of wine.

This afternoon I went to the local range, 10mins from my house, and ran 50 rounds through my new M1911-A1.

Tomorrow I go back to work, at the job I love, and catch bad guys. Life is good! Why would I want to be anyplace else tonight?

Link Posted: 12/31/2002 9:44:34 PM EDT
[#2]

Wife is working.

Next [BD]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 9:44:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 9:44:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Actually,

I'm at work... My excuse is I need the money....
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 10:02:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 10:04:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm a loser!
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 10:10:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm new in town, and made many casual enemies, and probably a few dedicated ones, when I called the cops on my neighbors last night(Their fault, and it's an interesting story. All someone has to do is ask[;D]).

So, I'm not going anywhere.

Watched Hollow Man and Braveheart.

Playing Quake3 Arena and listening to Bob Dylan.

J.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 10:11:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Ole lady is at work.... Not really much of a New Years party animal anymore....  
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 10:13:27 PM EDT
[#9]
I have no life. Where one would normally have a live, there is a gaping sinkhole of abject nothingness. The best way to describe me would be to quote Jim Carrey from Dumb and Dumber, "You are one pathetic loser!".

My bro is up in NYC with his girl, one of my friends is up in NYC with HIS girl, another is up in NYC with HIS girl, another didn't want to make the drive down here, another never even got back to me, and I fucking hate the whole club scene, which is about all there is to do down here.

And I wouldn't be here posting but for the fact that I can't get the damn photo server to work. Created two galleries, I can search for them, but they don't show up in the list and if I click on My Galleries I'm told I don't have any or am not logged in....argh....

Juggernaut - consider yourself asked. I'm sure there are others who could use the entertainment!
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 10:22:05 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm pretty sick too.  Nevertheless I'm actually at a buddy's house, with my laptop hooked up to his DSL.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 10:36:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm new in town, and made many casual enemies, and probably a few dedicated ones, when I called the cops on my neighbors last night(Their fault, and it's an interesting story. All someone has to do is ask[;D]).

J.
View Quote

Do tell!
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 10:37:14 PM EDT
[#12]
I generally dont like New Year's parties. It never really seems festive, it's more like people feel like they have to be at a party on New Year's or they're rejects.  So you get a bunch of people together, often who aren't really friends. They just feel like they're obliged to be somewhere on New Year's.  I used to feel that way too.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 10:40:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Actually,

I'm at work... My excuse is I need the money....
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 10:40:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Juggernaut - consider yourself asked. I'm sure there are others who could use the entertainment!
View Quote

Well, if you INSIST![;D]

Bit o' background-

Since last i was heard of I moved out of the parent's house to Oak Ridge TN to work for Coal Creek Armory. I live in my own little apaprtment. Not new, but cheap. I live on the second floor.

My neighbors both downstairs and to the left of me are pretty lax people. They party quite a bit, but usually manage to keep it IN the apartment. About a week before this at midnight, these two highly drunk college girls needed to use my cell phone, because they person they had been dropped off to see wasn't home. A reasonable request. During their stay they let much slip about how they drink and smoke marijuana, and were shocked, SHOCKED I SAY, to find that I did neither. What sort of super square, non-fun-having person was I anyhow? I dunno, the boring sort, I guess.

They eventually found a ride and scooted.

3 days ago, one ofm them knocks on my papartment door about dinnertime, and after about 5 seconds of "Hihawiya" she comes up with the supposition that I'm an undercover cop.

(Because, of course, only undercover narcotics agents pretend to be really square and not fit in, right?[rolleyes] They're all also 20 years old and look about 16, right? Right?)

So, I laugh in her face, and tell her I'm not but she's not convinced. She darts out of there like a rabbit. Ok, that was weird. Doesn't weigh heavily on my mind though my neighbors started watching me through the windows.

THEN, last night, I come downstairs with my laundry, nad the apartment directly below me contains the aforementioned girls, the teneants, and about 5 assorted other partiers. The hallways contains one young lady, who looks to be about age 12, wearing a  "Kiss me, I'm from California" T shirt, lying on the floor with her eyes closed, cell phone in hand.

I stop, put down the laundry basket, and ask her if she's ok. "yeah, I jush needed to take thish call heah". Ok, so she's drunk. I engage her in some casual conversation(it's not hard with drunk people) and find out that she's also been smoking a good bit of pot, and is [b]14 years old[/b]. All per her testimony too, she doesn't seem to think she might not want to tell random strangers about being drunk and smoking...

The people in this party apparently wondered where she went around this point, because one female head sticks out the door, and sees me talking to Little Miss Wasted, and then sticks her head back in the door, and screams "OH MY GOD, SARAH'S TALKING TO THAT UNDERCOVER COP!"

Shit.

Three more head peek out in rapid succession, none of them apparently brave enough to face the guy in the leather jacket kneeling on the floor next to their partygoing friend. Finally, the girlfriend of whoever owns the apartment(probably only 18 or so herself), comes out into the hall and drags her back into the apartment. I ask "Hey, is she going to be allright?"

"Oh yeah, she's my girl, my baby, she's gonna be ok".

Wham. door closes, I go back upstairs, wrestle with this for a minute, and then am informed by a friend online "What if it were MY sister? What would I want them to do?". Easy, get her home, at the very least.

So I call the local PD anonymously, tell the dispatcher the abbreviated version, decline to leave my name and in 2 minutes, there's a black and white with two officers at the building. I met them on the way out(c'mon, I didn't want to be there for it) inform them that I made the call, point to the apartment, gave them the relevant data again, and hifghtail it for my friendly boss' house in Knoxville.

When I come back an hour later, it's really quiet.[:D]

J.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 10:41:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 10:42:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Postscript:

I'm going to end up shot after this, aren't I?[:D]

J.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 10:45:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 10:47:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Juggernaut, you did the right thing. A 14 year old that F'd up is a bad thing. Hell, who knows what could happen to a girl in that state.

Let the little shits think you are a cop. It'll tone them down a bit and insure you don't get screwed with.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 11:04:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Juggernaut, you did the right thing. A 14 year old that F'd up is a bad thing. Hell, who knows what could happen to a girl in that state.

Let the little shits think you are a cop. It'll tone them down a bit and insure you don't get screwed with.
View Quote

Thanks, I agree I did the right thing. I don't want neighbor problems, but I can't let underage drug and alcohol use just "slide".

It was kind of crazy down there earlier tonight. Of course, I had a nap today, so I'm still wide awake at 3 am EST playing "Pepper" on my lovely new Altec Lansing 2.1 speakers. Nice subwoofer too, I hope those druggies like my music choice.[:D]

"She was sharing Sharon's outlook on the topic of disease..."

J.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 11:09:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Who the hell wants to pay a $50 cover charge to get into McDonald's just because it's New Years Eve?

We ate fried chicken and played Outburst with my in-laws while making fun of Dick Clark.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 11:11:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Jugg, You should'a asked me when I called ya earlier... I'da taken you out, bought you a couple beers... though it wasn't all that great of a party , it was fun none-the-less... and not to far from home (Emory road)

Jonathan
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 11:27:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Jon, why don't I ever think of things like that in time?

Thanks for the offer, tho. I'll take you up on it sometime.

J.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 11:27:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Well as long as most everyone is enjoying themselves...  [rolleyes]

We no longer do the big party/club thing but the whole extended clan gets together at my parents' and shoots off the $400-500 worth of fireworks my goofy Dad buys yearly. Always a good time and no eyes out so far! Someone got my share of the Crown and cokes this year!

I am gonna go hock up more green stuff and try to go to sleep!

Happy New Years... and to all a good night.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 11:30:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Listening to all of the gunfire outside. Neighbors kids came out in the unsheltered open, I told em to "Get the fu%$ underneath something, there's lead up there!!" Lots and lots of semi auto rifle fire, pistols, shotguns, etc. Lots of HUGE booms this year as well.

-T.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 5:53:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Yeah, fun times.

I even had to give the little guy my USP to carry on re-entry.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top