Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2009 4:58:21 AM EST
I have been thinking about joining the service since I was 19 and am 21 now. My trade is an automotive technician so what I was looking at doing in the marines is the motor pool. Could anyone here tell me more about it or maybe recommend something else. I have not taken the real asvab but the practice testes they have given me have been anywhere between 82-86. Is the practice test anything like the real thing?

Thanks

John
Link Posted: 6/4/2009 5:38:40 AM EST
go take the real one and find out what your real score will be, you'll get an idea of what other jobs are available to you....and don't worry you won't be on the hook for anything at that point. If you have to go to MEPS to take it you can also go through the medical screening as well.
Link Posted: 6/7/2009 5:51:38 PM EST
Get an ASVAB book from the library or a book store. Get your best score, then see what you qualify for.
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 9:10:06 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/8/2009 9:10:50 AM EST by K1rodeoboater]

Originally Posted By Overtorque:
Get an ASVAB book from the library or a book store. Get your best score, then see what you qualify for.

get the Barons guide to the ASVAB if you do get one

honestly though, you're going to score what you're going to score. What will help you out is if you're familiar with the format of the test beforehand.
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 9:23:29 AM EST
The "M" in marines is capitalized.

Baby steps.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:09:54 PM EST
Originally Posted By Silly_Look:
The "M" in marines is capitalized.

Baby steps.

He'll learn... eventually

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:07:53 PM EST
Originally Posted By pearson:
I have been thinking about joining the service since I was 19 and am 21 now. My trade is an automotive technician so what I was looking at doing in the marines is the motor pool. Could anyone here tell me more about it or maybe recommend something else. I have not taken the real asvab but the practice testes they have given me have been anywhere between 82-86. Is the practice test anything like the real thing?

Thanks

John

I would check out a practice test and or purchase one. If you get a 84 or higher you can do whatever you want 80ish you can be a mechanic on anything. I turned wrenches for a while in the Corps. It is some hard work and best times of my career. Good Luck
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:43:52 AM EST
I was a Marine recruiter from 2006-2008. Feel free to ask me any questions either here or through IM/email.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:47:13 AM EST
Make sure your crayons are sharp and keep your coloring inside the lines.

j/k
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 6:19:42 AM EST
Originally Posted By bigsapper:
Make sure your crayons are sharp and keep your coloring inside the lines.

j/k

That's no joke, we get fucked up big time for that.

Top Top