Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2005 5:06:26 PM EDT
OK, I will be graduating from CSUH (its near San Fran) with a degree in Finance and Econ. I already have a job that will pay fairly well that is unfortunately in LA. I graduate on June 8 and dont start work till July 10. With all that free time and no real responsibilities what should I do other than shoot my stockpile of ammo so i dont have to move it??
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:07:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Drive as fast as you possibly can out of the fucking bay area. That place is hell, and I was there (SJSU) for 4 years

Congrats.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:07:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Look for a job in another state.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:09:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:11:12 PM EDT
[#4]
ok ok guys calm down, I hate cali as much as you do but i only took this position because it is an amazing oppurtunity. After 3 years experience i can relocate anywhere in the U.S. I need some real ideas on what to do in my off time. i tried to find a job out of state and could not find anything this good that paid this much.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:13:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
ok ok guys calm down, I hate cali as much as you do but i only took this position because it is an amazing oppurtunity. After 3 years experience i can relocate anywhere in the U.S. I need some real ideas on what to do in my off time. i tried to find a job out of state and could not find anything this good that paid this much.

Well, the fact that Cali is so fucking expensive to live in is the reason there are high paying jobs there. I got sick of it and left. I would take 2 days and drive the PCH from Monterey to San Diego, if I were you.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:14:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Have you looked in the Sacramento area?

We have some pretty large finance places around here and this city is actually quite decent and very cost effective.

SGtar15
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:21:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Have you looked in the Sacramento area?

We have some pretty large finance places around here and this city is actually quite decent and very cost effective.

SGtar15

i looked everywhere, and i looked for a long time the job i found is the highest paying i could find even with the cali cost of living adjustment. I got a lot of offers and this one was the highest, im taking it that is final.... but not the question im asking anyone... damn you people!!!

the question is what the hell should i do for a month as i have no responsibilities and a good amount of money>?
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:24:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Backpacking in the Sierrras.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:25:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Travel
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:26:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Travel

looking for more specific, as in like where
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:27:16 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Backpacking in the Sierrras.

did that one already, it was great. did summer and winter
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:27:45 PM EDT
[#12]
get drunk, get laid, and wake up in another state.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:30:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Find a job in Texas and move to the "Country within a Country."

HH
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:35:42 PM EDT
[#14]
come on guys this is my last month of freedom from all responsibilities, dont let me down...

i need some real ideas
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:39:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Not enough details. Too poor to go anywhere but the beach, or got the funds to fly to Hawaii? If you've got the funds, travel to a location within the US that you've always wanted to see.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:39:31 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I got a lot of offers and this one was the highest, im taking it that is final.... but not the question im asking anyone... damn you people!!!

1.) leave california
2.) buy both

i'm sorry, that's the only advice i know how to give on arfcom.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:43:01 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Not enough details. Too poor to go anywhere but the beach, or got the funds to fly to Hawaii? If you've got the funds, travel to a location within the US that you've always wanted to see.

funds are good, but not ideal. europe would be out of the question hawaii would be pricey but not impossible and i have only ever been to las vegas and places inside cali
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:43:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Blow off your shitty LA job.  Join the French Foreign Legion.  Spend the next four years sweating your ass off in Chad, Djibouti or Guyana under the supervision of angry NCOs who were formerly East German career officers.  Come home and enjoy a well earned cold beer.  Post pics.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:54:10 PM EDT
[#19]
why did i even ask you guys??
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:54:19 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Blow off your shitty LA job.  Join the French Foreign Legion.  Spend the next four years sweating your ass off in Chad, Djibouti or Guyana under the supervision of angry NCOs who were formerly East German career officers.  Come home and enjoy a well earned cold beer.  Post pics.

That is offically the worst advice so far in this thread.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 6:04:09 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is offically the worst advice so far in this thread.  

Im still waiting on some good advice.... wanna add some professor?
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 6:15:26 PM EDT
[#22]
I can't recommend strongly enough that you start doing now what you WANT to do.  The money will come if you are doing what you love.  Trust me on this:  Being trapped in a job you hate because of the money you make sucks ass.  Do what you've always wanted to do now while you can afford to work for peanuts in exchange for experience.

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 6:20:30 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I can't recommend strongly enough that you start doing now what you WANT to do.  The money will come if you are doing what you love.  Trust me on this:  Being trapped in a job you hate because of the money you make sucks ass.  Do what you've always wanted to do now while you can afford to work for peanuts in exchange for experience.

+1
i'm happily doing that right now.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 6:27:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Go surfing
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 6:50:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Ok.
Spend some time with your dad or grandfather or someone else who was important in your life and helped get you where you are today. When you do start working and concentrating on your career and your family, before you know it, the years will zip by and these people will be gone.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 6:58:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Get a cute girl, a car, some cash and drive to NYC and back.  Stay in cheap motels, drink a lot and drive a lot.  See the entire country and sleep late every day.

Once you start working you will not have a chance to do this again.

G23c
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 7:16:45 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

thats what im doing, just not doing it in the state that i want to, hopefully that will take care of its self soon enough.... but back to the what to do for a whole month of vacation@!???!?!?@
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 7:50:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Me, personally, I'd go to Las Vegas and NY City.  Those are the places in the US I want to visit the most. If you have money and cant think of anything to do in NY City, you're pretty lame.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:02:15 PM EDT
[#29]
What is the point of making  a lot of money if you can't spend it on really cool assualt rifles? Move to a state where you can walk out with the gun the same day you buy it. California is by far the most beautiful state and has lots to do, but living in freedom is much more important. But if you are going to stay, use your free time before moving and take that ammo of yours and take a class at Front Sight.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:23:58 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

funds are good, but not ideal. europe would be out of the question hawaii would be pricey but not impossible and i have only ever been to las vegas and places inside cali

Then you've got lots of choices, though you didn't mention any desires.

Great Lakes fishing.

Smokey Mountains.

Yellowstone.

Tetons.

Daytona Beach.

Niagara Falls.

Canyon float in Colorado.

Alaska. Hunt/fish/explore.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 10:19:18 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then you've got lots of choices, though you didn't mention any desires.

Great Lakes fishing.

Smokey Mountains.

Yellowstone.

Tetons.

Daytona Beach.

Niagara Falls.

Canyon float in Colorado.

Alaska. Hunt/fish/explore.

i dont really know what i want to do thats why i didnt mention anything. i was hoping to do something that i would never forget. i was thinking about frontsite but im not sure yet. that would probably cost total 800 bucks i figure after all is said and done. thats not too bad.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 10:24:59 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
1.) leave california
2.) buy both

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 10:53:09 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
1.) leave california
2.) buy both

this is not a laughing matter people, i need a plan of action. so far i have decided im going to front site for a weekend. what else can i do i need something memorable.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 11:15:30 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Me, personally, I'd go to Las Vegas and NY City.  Those are the places in the US I want to visit the most. If you have money and cant think of anything to do in NY City, you're pretty lame.

eh NYC is overrated.  Maybe its since I've been born and raised around 30-40 mins away from there, but its really nothing special.  It was entertaining back in the day when peep shows where still on broadway, but these days its like a giant strip mall with bad parking.  Hell the food there these days ain't even that great, theres a soul food place minutes away that beats anything I've eaten in Harlem, same for pizza, a good local joint can beat most any place in the city.  Deli food is probably the only exception, as a kid my parents took me to the Katzenberg (spelling?) deli and I swear to god it was the best deli ever. The only thing I can recommend hitting up is china town.  Walk there with a c-note and you'll be good for the day.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 11:26:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Scuba diving in Lake Superior.  Quite a few interesting wrecks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top