Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/10/2005 7:31:59 AM EDT
Every Black person I see on the news or any telethon I  witnessed the CELEBS all are always saying these are our people. So I am white and I will use this term now about white people.
White people- these are our people
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:33:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Racist!  I suppose you also want a White History Month??
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:34:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm a Polish and German guy, decended from Russian Jews. Where do I fit in?

ETA: WOW, I can't spell worth a damn today.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:40:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Why you bunch of racist pigs !!!
Next thing you'll want is a white cable channel like BET.
Just shut up and keep paying your taxes for reparations.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:40:23 AM EDT
[#4]
You must be talking about this little "diddy" from the AJC...the suxor..

Read the last sentence...what an ignorant MO-FO'  

Telethon Reaches Viewers in 100 Countries

By DAVID BAUDER
AP Television Writer

NEW YORK — With the waters of Hurricane Katrina yet to recede, Randy Newman sang about a long-ago flood in "Louisiana 1927" to open a benefit program spread across dozens of television networks Friday.

Dr. John ended a show suffused with the spirit of a musical city singing a song that's only a wish now: "Walkin' to New Orleans."

The hour-long appeal was an echo of a somber event held four years ago to benefit victims of the Sept. 11 terrorist attack, with the same producer. This time, the telethon had more determination than shock and featured native jazz, gospel and swamp-rock sounds.

"Tonight let's show people on the Gulf Coast that they have friends all over the world, friends who care, who understand and are there to give them shelter from the storm," said comic Ellen DeGeneres, who was raised in New Orleans.

ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, UPN and the WB — the six biggest broadcast networks — aired it along with several cable networks. Viewers in nearly 100 countries were able to tune in.

Contributions were being solicited for the American Red Cross or the Salvation Army.

It's the most high-profile of several such televised benefits. BET was also appealing for help Friday for victims of a tragedy that struck the black community hard, and MTV planned its own concert for Saturday.

Former President Bill Clinton called in to the BET telethon to express support and was asked by co-host Steve Harvey what his administration would have done differently if it were in power during the hurricane. Clinton refrained from criticizing Bush, but talked about the importance he placed on the Federal Emergency Management Agency.

"We always thought faster was better than slower," Clinton said.

NBC stations televised an appeal last week, marked by rapper Kanye West's off-script comment that "George Bush doesn't care about black people."

The performers largely stuck to scripts Friday, including West, who sang "Jesus Walks" with a gospel choir. West's microphone wasn't working during the first few lines of his song, though, in what appeared to be a technical glitch.

Only an impish Chris Rock couldn't resist scaring producers, looking into the camera and saying, "George Bush hates midgets."

"We've all heard the question," Rock said. "Why didn't these people just leave when they had the chance? But now we realize that not everybody can just jump into their SUVs and drive to a nice hotel. These people depend on public transportation and these people can't afford a nice hotel, because some of them work there. Now it's your chance to help them."

Rock singer John Fogerty, who sang passionately about the Mississippi delta a generation ago, wasn't there but his music was: the Foo Fighters sang "Born on the Bayou" and Garth Brooks did "Who'll Stop the Rain."

Paul Simon, who was in Louisiana to help relief efforts this week, sang "Take Me to the Mardi Gras" with an extended coda from a jazz band.

Mariah Carey and Neil Young were also backed by gospel singers and Alicia Keys was joined by several gospel stars. U2 needed only one powerful voice, singer Mary J. Blige's, to enliven the rock band's anthem "One."

The BET benefit was hipper and more heart-breaking. It interspersed musical performances with film clips of Gulf Coast residents asking for help to locate missing relatives and friends.

Keys sang her hit "If I Ain't Got You," and Patti LaBelle sang the Pretenders song "I'll Stand By You."

It was also a little looser: Harvey introduced rappers Jay-Z and Diddy, only to be told they hadn't arrived yet. Fifteen minutes later they did and made it worthwhile, presenting a $1 million check to the Red Cross from the New York hip-hop community.

"There's been a lot of telethons," Diddy said, "but this is our telethon. These are our people."
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:40:28 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm a Polish and German guy, decended from Rushian Jews. Where do I fit in?

Right next to this slightly tanned Italian/Irish/Armenian chick!
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:41:06 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

don't worry you can use the term too
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:41:54 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

"There's been a lot of telethons," Diddy said, "but this is our telethon. These are our people."

Question then...is all the $ raised ONLY going to black survivors of Katrina?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:43:29 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bingo!

Don't remember any question about skin color when all the money was being distributed after 9-11......
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:44:00 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Right next to this slightly tanned Italian/Irish/Armenian chick!

Woo hoo!
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:45:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Hellhound that is exactly what I am talking about. Could you imagine a white person saying this on a telethon
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:46:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Let my people go.
It has been that way for a long time.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:49:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Thats very nice, I like what you've done there...
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:50:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:50:46 AM EDT
[#14]
it's about time our people took astand on this issue.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:53:19 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Why you bunch of racist pigs !!!
Next thing you'll want is a white cable channel like BET.
Just shut up and keep paying your taxes for reparations.

WET...
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:54:53 AM EDT
[#16]
White folks you are all alike. All you want to do is go to school, get a good job, raise your 2.5 brats and live with the same old white women for 40 years. SHEESH.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:57:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Isn't reverse racism a bitch!   If white america did/said what these black celebrities & reverends have done/said we would be labled racists within seconds.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:58:51 AM EDT
[#18]
"Our people" would group me in with those Anglo Saxons,  Northern Italians, and Germans, and as an Irish-Sicilian-Pole I can't have that.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:04:15 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Hellhound that is exactly what I am talking about. Could you imagine a white person saying this on a telethon

Absolutely!!

Then we would hear the obligatory, ..."Oh HELL no, he did not just say that, no he dind't...."

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:09:02 AM EDT
[#20]
I guess this patriotic AMERICAN of cuban,apache,french and mexican descent is shut out.Thats fine,I'll start a group for All American Mutts of mixed heritage who consider themselves Americans and don't hyphenate themselves as Afro-American,Mexican-American,Irish American or any other bullshit.Patriots of any heritage or color are welcome.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:10:32 AM EDT
[#21]
in before some asshat ruins our thread and gets it lock'd

IBSAROTAGIL'D  
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:15:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Yep don't think a WET(White entertainment television) channel would go down too well, also it would only be fair.

We live in a society where reverse discrimination is the norm.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:16:21 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
"Our people" would group me in with those Anglo Saxons,  Northern Italians, and Germans, and as an Irish-Sicilian-Pole I can't have that.

An Irish Sicilian Pole?
Dude...anything from the waist down is always referred to as ITALIAN.....

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:18:20 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Every Black person I see on the news or any telethon I  witnessed the CELEBS all are always saying these are our people. So I am white and I will use this term now about white people.
White people- these are our people

What were you using before?

Now see, this is what I like about this kind of attitude.  It actually *increases* the much-praised "diversity" everyone values so much in this country.

We must appreciate and respect differences among people, doncha know!
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:18:20 AM EDT
[#25]
As long as we don't include Eastern Europeans and the French I'd be happy with that...
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:23:05 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I guess this patriotic AMERICAN of cuban,apache,french and mexican descent is shut out.Thats fine,I'll start a group for All American Mutts of mixed heritage who consider themselves Americans and don't hyphenate themselves as Afro-American,Mexican-American,Irish American or any other bullshit.Patriots of any heritage or color are welcome.

Nope, you'd be white too. Just ask P-Diddy.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:23:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:32:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Suck it up gang, this Nation is getting farther divided each day. Politically, Racial, Cultural, Morals, get ready gang by 2010: MAJOR SHTF in the US. When GW's term is up, we are 2 Pres. elections from disaster. The UN and the globalists are chompin' at the bit waiting for "their" candidate to get Pennsylvania Ave. Its ironic that diversity is failing because of the Party that created it.
OTH... Had a great day at the range this AM  
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:38:06 AM EDT
[#29]
So what are "our peoples" going to be hyphenated as?
European- Americans
Anglo- Americans

Or we can reverse them,
Americans of European descent
Americans of Anglo descent
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:44:43 AM EDT
[#30]

Nice call, Bill.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:48:13 AM EDT
[#31]
"Black guys, help the white guys."

"What did he say?"

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:52:16 AM EDT
[#32]
I tend to not group people by race, rather by how they act.  An asshole idiot is an asshole idiot, no matter what color his/her skin is.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:56:09 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
"Black guys, help the white guys."

"What did he say?"

That sir, is a classic....
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:02:24 AM EDT
[#34]
NAAWP
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:03:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Haven't you guys heard? No white ppl were displaced during the disaster.
It's the white man's oppression again.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:38:52 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Yep don't think a WET(White entertainment television) channel would go down too well, also it would only be fair.

Our people already have a WET...it's called CMT
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:58:17 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Our people already have a WET...it's called CMT

Ain't that the tooth truth..
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:16:50 AM EDT
[#38]
White History Month...you mean the other 11, right?

White Entertainment TV?  You mean CMT (beat me to it) or History Ch.?

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:00:58 AM EDT
[#39]
Q: What would happen if Charlie Danniels and Tobby Keith, set up a releif fund for white ppl?

hmm.......

A: Oh wait, that would be racist.

Q: Then why do black ppl get away with it?

A: Because its ok to be racist against white ppl.  Liberal white ppl have renforced the belief that minorities are still being oppressed, and liberals will help them.  The liberal game-plan is to get minorities on their side by enabling their poverty with social wealfare, keeping them poor and dependent on the Gov.  

Scumsuckingslimeyshityfuckingdirtymotherfuckingp.o.s.moneygrubbingpowerhungertwofacedlyingsackOshitbitchasscunts = liberals
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:03:30 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I'm a Polish and German guy, decended from Russian Jews. Where do I fit in?

ETA: WOW, I can't spell worth a damn today.

Well for a lot on this board it would seem being part Jewish would make you NOT one of "the people"

sorry

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:04:37 AM EDT
[#41]
I include all US citizens when I say " my people"

but that's just me  /shrug

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:06:21 AM EDT
[#42]
The people outside NO in Louisiana and Mississippi were hit A LOT HARDER than the folks in NO were, I hope they get some of the money.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:12:38 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I also want a Heterosexual pride week..........

and yes I am serious, for every made up holiday some group has made into law I want something for caucasians as well.......

Not because I am racist (though I am sure some will call me that) but because the governemtns and the groups invovled keep talking about being fair, well, fair means equality in all things for everyone (by their reasoning) so let it start see how long it goes on for
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:21:20 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sure seems that way...
If I would not have freinds in the gulf coast states I would not know mtheir are any white people.

All the media has shown are black people, Why is this?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:24:14 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
I tend to not group people by race, rather by how they act.  An asshole idiot is an asshole idiot, no matter what color his/her skin is.

Take your head out your ass man

All the animals are black
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:26:54 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
White History Month...you mean the other 11, right?

I'm gonna punch the next person who says that right in the nose...

That's a bul-shi'ite cop out made up by racists and bigots (non-white racists and bigots!)
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:27:34 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Already have one, the other 11 months of the year.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:28:08 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
As long as we don't include Eastern Europeans and the French I'd be happy with that...

How east is east?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:28:41 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Nice call, Bill.

Monica<---------------------fast woman
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:29:17 AM EDT
[#50]
People will give me strange looks if I start talking about "my people" in reference to white people, even though I'm half.  

Funny, I don't see any of the Filipinos (the other half of me) out there stuck in the disaster whining about how OMG they're soooo oppressed.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top