Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2003 3:54:06 PM EST
Sorry, none of you are eligible. I have offerred to three women I know a free Taurus PT111 I have sitting in my safe. The catch? They must have their CCW stuff all finished and ready to mail by the end of Feb. First one done gets the gun! I am trying to convince them all to take responsability for their own protection. I intend to offer the deal to any women I know who may be interested. Get your minds out of the gutter, I am expecting nothing in return. Two of them are married to friends of mine.:)
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 4:02:50 PM EST
*Pat on back.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 4:06:18 PM EST
Nice.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 4:06:46 PM EST
Originally Posted By captainpooby: Get your minds out of the gutter, I am expecting nothing in return. Two of them are married to friends of mine.:)
View Quote
You could always do a little wife swappage.... [;)]
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 4:26:55 PM EST
Originally Posted By captainpooby: Get your minds out of the gutter, I am expecting nothing in return. Two of them are married to friends of mine.:)
View Quote
Share and share alike I always say [sex]
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 4:40:47 PM EST
Its OK, I'm gettin it somewhere else.[;)]
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 4:42:43 PM EST
A pat on the back from me as well.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 4:49:21 PM EST
Man, I would give away almost ALL of my rifles and handguns if I could convince my fiancee to keep a gun in the house. In fact, I would give them all away and just keep one! I'd be happy if she got a nice over-under shotgun or something - doesn't have to be anything super-tactical or black or automatic or anything. Alas - she just refuses to do it. [:(]
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 5:21:47 PM EST
Originally Posted By DK-Prof: Man, I would give away almost ALL of my rifles and handguns if I could convince my fiancee to keep a gun in the house. In fact, I would give them all away and just keep one! I'd be happy if she got a nice over-under shotgun or something - doesn't have to be anything super-tactical or black or automatic or anything. Alas - she just refuses to do it. [:(]
View Quote
You must not be familiar with AR15.com's rules for relationships! Will find link...
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 5:54:39 PM EST
just as long as it is not the 9mm Colt 1911 I traded you. That is too nice of a gun.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 6:37:42 PM EST
No way USMA! That pistol stays with me. I have already turned down an offer for it.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 7:14:07 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/2/2003 7:14:54 PM EST by Blackbird_Pilot]
Man, I would give away almost ALL of my rifles and handguns if I could convince my fiancee to keep a gun in the house. In fact, I would give them all away and just keep one! I'd be happy if she got a nice over-under shotgun or something - doesn't have to be anything super-tactical or black or automatic or anything. Alas - she just refuses to do it.
View Quote
Uhh...RED FLAG! I'm assuming that guns are very important to you. This is a HUGE issue that needs to be addressed before marriage. Being gun friendly was definately a requirement for me. One of the things that told me my wife was a keeper was when she showed me her stainless .357 Mag. Just my unsolicited 2 cents.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 7:18:12 PM EST
Nice. Pat from me as well
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 7:23:17 PM EST
My wife has a CCW and is a NRA instructor.. Does she win?? LOL
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 8:27:27 PM EST
Originally Posted By Blackbird_Pilot:
Man, I would give away almost ALL of my rifles and handguns if I could convince my fiancee to keep a gun in the house. In fact, I would give them all away and just keep one! I'd be happy if she got a nice over-under shotgun or something - doesn't have to be anything super-tactical or black or automatic or anything. Alas - she just refuses to do it.
View Quote
Uhh...RED FLAG! I'm assuming that guns are very important to you. This is a HUGE issue that needs to be addressed before marriage. Being gun friendly was definately a requirement for me. One of the things that told me my wife was a keeper was when she showed me her stainless .357 Mag. Just my unsolicited 2 cents.
View Quote
Life would be boring if we agreed on everything - or even anything! [:D] She doesn't like guns, doesn't want to own any, but she accepts that I am completely insane, and that I will always own guns. She just shakes her head, and buys another $50 bottle of wine (a particular insanity of hers that I will never comprehend). While I enjoy my relatively large collection, most of them are just things, that's all. Ultimately, I could be happy with a Garand and a .45 and her. I don't think I could be happy with all the guns in the world, but not her. I do appreciate the advice tho - thanks.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 9:22:14 PM EST
I have a Florida permit, so I should be eligible.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 10:02:03 PM EST
Originally Posted By c-wheeler: I have a Florida permit, so I should be eligible.
View Quote
Originally posted By captainpooby: intend to offer the deal to any women
View Quote
Ummmm, c-wheel looking at your profile, I [s]think[/s] hope that you would not be eligible. [%|] Jamie
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 10:08:52 PM EST
I just spit coffee all over the keyboard as I had this thought: I ought to start a thread. "How many ARFCOM members would get up in drag to be eligible for Pooby's Tarus PT111?"
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 2:10:48 AM EST
Void where prohibited by law. Contest not open to transsexuals, transvestites or cross-dressers and the few members of ARFCOM who arent.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 2:15:40 AM EST
Originally Posted By captainpooby: Void where prohibited by law. Contest not open to transsexuals, transvestites or cross-dressers and the few members of ARFCOM who arent.
View Quote
MAN! That's harsh! [:D] Happy to be one of the few. USPC40 [img]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=476[/img] [url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url] [url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url] [img]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=469[/img]
Top Top