Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2009 4:42:25 AM EDT
Anyone see the Sci-Fi original zombie movie, "I am Omega"?  Yes that would be a blatent rip off of I am Legend and Omega Man all put together to form....."I am Omega".  Actually I only DVR'd it.  I started watch it and it got a little ghey and switched to SAW 4 which was pretty good.  Anyways, the story is supposed to be the same, lone survivor and gets message from woman who is immune to the zombie disease.  From what I saw, there was MP5 action, martial arts, booze, picture of german shepard(lame), and horrible zombie make up.

Thats all.  I'm sure at some point I'll watch it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 4:47:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Cool, but I missed it.  I hope they replay it 1000 times like usual so I can DVR it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 11:10:24 AM EDT
[#2]
It was supposed to be a different version of the story that the other movies were based on. But it was released on video a month before I am Legend was released in theaters to capitalize on the big-budget film's release and possible confusion with the similar names. It was released by the same company that released 30,00 leagues under the sea and Snakes on a Train.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 5:06:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Any movie with Mark Dacascos (with the exception of Brotherhood of the Wolf) is likely to suck balls. Sorry, but martial arts and zombies is a ridiculous concept even if it's possible that there might be some survivors of a zombie apocalypse that can do knock down a zombie with a badass roundhouse kick to the head.

Link Posted: 3/25/2009 8:26:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Any movie with Mark Dacascos (with the exception of Brotherhood of the Wolf) is likely to suck balls. Sorry, but martial arts and zombies is a ridiculous concept even if it's possible that there might be some survivors of a zombie apocalypse that can do knock down a zombie with a badass roundhouse kick to the head.

Right.  Everyone knows that only works on zombies if you can kick their head clean off.

Link Posted: 3/25/2009 8:36:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I watched 10 minutes of it the other night.

It sucked.................... it really, really sucked.

Think of a movie that was written around the concept of needing to showcase a first level whitebelt's mad martial arts skills.
Then think of needing to hire 20 or 30 actors for the film for about $100k total.
Then think of the facial modeling poses of Ben Stiller in Zoolander.

That should just about get you a comprehensive picture of the film.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 4:14:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I just ordered Omega Man DVD from Warner Bros. Studio for $8.48 including shipping.  Here is a link to video preview

Omega Man

Link Posted: 3/25/2009 4:38:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 9:07:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, I'm lookin' forward to seein' that SG! movie.

No, I missed the I Am Omega one.  Sounds like I didn't miss much.  I'm sure I'll have to subject myself to it when it re-runs....................
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:12:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Watched about 15 minutes. It was so bad it made my teeth hurt.

My GF, who's usually very patient with me and my odd viewing habits, finally said, "Okay, what the fuck is this?".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top