Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2006 11:21:06 AM EDT
It is a fact.  I didn't think I was, but at least physically my body is used to it.  I had a decaf this morning with a co worker in honor of his high blood pressure.  I felt like shit for the next 4hrs, headache, weird, tired, poor concentration.   I got a doubleshot at lunch, and I am starting to feel like normal.  

Does that anti-caffiene treatment in decaf take the caffiene out of your system?  I think it might, as I can go for a day or so without coffee or caffiene, but this hit me like a louisville slugger.  
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:22:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Same here, I get mine from Coca-Cola though
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:23:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Hi, I'm Lon Moer, and I too am addicted to caffiene. I first started drinking coffee on a regular basis when I was 5 years old.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:24:23 AM EDT
[#3]
since I've stopped I can't sleep and I'm late everywhere now, oh wait nothings changed
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:26:09 AM EDT
[#4]
CaffEIne. Think of it as coming from Kaffe/Cafe/Caffe, meaning coffee, and the chemical suffix -ine.

Yeah, I'm addicted to it too.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:38:00 AM EDT
[#5]
(C8H10N4O2)

How I love thee!!!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:51:21 AM EDT
[#6]
i was up to 8 cups of coffee worth of caffeine a day at one point.  now i'm down to 2-3.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:53:28 AM EDT
[#7]
After reading this, I'm going to start a fresh pot.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:55:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Who isn't?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:56:15 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
(C8H10N4O2)
www.cs.virginia.edu/~an4m/T-shirt/caffeine-molecule.gif

How I love thee!!!

Oooh, now that's a sexy molecule!

I had to cut down a little because three weeks of my lower- right-eyelid was starting to get annoying.  Now it only twitches when I have my weekly status meeting with my boss.  
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:57:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Myself, my coworkers and the rest of the Starbuck's family thank our loyal drug users...and the idiots who tip us for 30seconds of work pouring liquid mud.  
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:57:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:58:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Me too.  I get the headaches if I don't have it for a couple of days.  If I manage to quit it for a few weeks and then start up again, I can really feel the effect on my nerves whereas when I use it regularly it has little effect on me.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:00:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Caffeine is a gateway drug.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:04:53 PM EDT
[#14]
pop was easy to kick when I heard the mixture of that broke down the calcium in my bones...my bones were hurting so bad I quite on the spot...that is after 35 years of big gulps a day.

it takes 2-4 days to get over a caffiene headache.
 if you endure it, eat fruits and veggies and maybe some fish...stay off red meat, for three days and flush out your system, you should feel good enough to quit or at least cut back to one cup a coffee a day.  
I was a 2-3 pot of coffee drinker and now
I am at the point I can go without or have a Americano or just one or two cups...it is 1pm and I haven't had any yet and feel fine...

food and drink should be something you can enjoy not something you are slave to.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:10:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Ever smoked coffee grounds?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:13:07 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

No but I snorted them once...
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:14:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Readin' ArfCom is thirsty work...Think I need a Coke
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:15:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:18:12 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

No, but I have coated a nice steak with coffe grounds and put it on the barbie and it was real good; tasty and tender.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:33:48 PM EDT
[#20]
at work I started to drink several sodas a day.  Now, at home where I don't drink as much, I noticed the same widdrawl side effects.  Especially over the weekends were I do for more than a day without a caffinated drink.  It sucks to be dependent on a substance.  I need to wean myself off of the stuff.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:07:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Its funny I've drunk alcohol, and I've smoked tobacco.

Yet I'm not addicted to either, yet I gots to have my Dr. Pepper.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:17:51 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
food and drink should be something you can enjoy not something you are slave to.

Except the caffeine god.  All hail mighty caffeine!  
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:25:04 PM EDT
[#23]
yup, me too.  I quit once but I found I didn't get a fucking thing done...
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:25:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Worry not my friend.  Your elected tyrants or Bahnif and his big tobacco greedy bastard, scum-sucking friends will soon take care of your addiction.  Actually they are working over Coke, Pepsi.....big cola right now!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:30:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Is this you?

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:31:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Luckily it's pretty easy to kick. Three or four days and you're pretty much back to normal. I have to detox once or twice a year.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:39:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Hi, my name is Karl, and Yes I am an addict to my home made mocha. I "need" at least 30oz/ day to feel normal.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:48:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Am I in the right place? Is this the caffiene dependency support group?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:49:02 PM EDT
[#29]
He He, if most people only knew how they extracted caffeine out of coffee, they would not touch the stuff. Think degreasing chemicals and real nasty stuff. Brake cleaner is a very close relative.
111 triclorethelene used to be used I believe.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:20:28 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Is this you?

weblog.garyturner.net/images/2003/traitorchris.jpg

No.  I am not that way, but man I was feeling that decaf today.  NO MORE DECAF!  That crap caused me pain.  

I am not addicted, meaning that I stop using coffee for weeks at a time.  However, this time of the year, with finals coming up and all...  Coffee is pretty darn near the only drink, and mountain dew/coke is wimpy.  
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:22:52 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
He He, if most people only knew how they extracted caffeine out of coffee, they would not touch the stuff. Think degreasing chemicals and real nasty stuff. Brake cleaner is a very close relative.

Brake cleaner always tastes bad though... Caffiene can be diluted, although in the raw, caffeine is pretty nasty.  
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:26:42 PM EDT
[#32]

I've got a 4 pot a day habbit.
I've cut back a bit. Getting up in the middle of the night just to have a cup was getting old.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:07:34 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I forget which chemical they use, but I do know that when I read about it in my Sbux training it made me not want to trouch the decaf.  It wasn't triclorethelene, but my training manual with the name is in my car atm and I feel lazy.

Bonus points.  Sbux sells the extracted caffine to Pepsi Co.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:14:48 PM EDT
[#34]
I thought I was.  Doc said no caffine til the hand improves.  It has been three weeks.  Yes I'd like a coke, but I don't need one.  I don't sleep as well now though.

SRM
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:18:25 PM EDT
[#35]
I just got in my shipment of Penguin Caffeinated Peppermints.  36 packs of them, about 4 months worth, depending.  

I started keeping the empty tins last year, and I have about 150 of them.

I drink coffee too.

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:18:35 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I forget which chemical they use, but I do know that when I read about it in my Sbux training it made me not want to trouch the decaf.  It wasn't triclorethelene, but my training manual with the name is in my car atm and I feel lazy.

Bonus points.  Sbux sells the extracted caffine to Pepsi Co.

methylene chloride
ethyl acetate

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:21:39 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Yeah, well farmers heap piles of animal shit all over their fields, but you still eat vegetables, don't you?    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top