Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2006 8:59:39 PM EDT
I was at work yesterday and I got a call to the service desk. An elderly lady was trying to buy a $550 money order to send to nigeria

After talking with her for a minute I knew she was being scammed. I tried to explain to her what the scam was, but she wasn't having any of it. She told me she was a doctor, her husband is a federal agent for the last 18 years, she owns a corportation in nigeria, etc....

Turns out she sent $3000 to canada to buy this corporation in nigeria a couple months ago. Well now she owes taxes on it. The other 2 money orders she sent last week and the week before(each for $550) never made it to nigeria. So the governor of nigeria called her at 2am very upset that her tax money hadn't arrived. She was instructed to send another $550 that day.

I tried to talk some sense into her. I explained and explained she was being scammed until I was red in the face. I even had a police officer that just happened to come in the store try to talk some sense into her. She was bound and determined to send the money.

I tried and tried but to no avail. She got her money order and left content.

HOW THE FUCK CAN PEOPLE BE SO STUPID!!!

Had a similar situation about a month ago where a semi-retarded guy tried to send $4800 to nigeria so he could claim some prize money. We managed to talk him out of it though.

I knew shoplifters were stupid, but this takes the cake.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 9:04:40 PM EDT
Perhaps she was afraid of being deaded by the Clique Mob?

Link Posted: 8/24/2006 9:05:51 PM EDT
Wow... you can't just refuse?
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 9:07:22 PM EDT
Wow...now that's stupid!
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 9:08:38 PM EDT
Ah well....some people will just be that way. When she's broke and has no retirement maybe she'll smarten up.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 9:15:39 PM EDT

Originally Posted By AJE:
Wow... you can't just refuse?

Not really. It is their money so they can do with it what they want.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 9:18:27 PM EDT
You did more than I would have done. If the dumb old bitch cant figure it out then ohh well. Darwin works in mysterious ways
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 9:20:25 PM EDT
OMFG...

I just happen to have a bridge for sale....

Could you have her send me a check
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 9:21:58 PM EDT
LOL, just tell them tha she can pay her Nigerian taxes there at your location, just like the electric bill.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 9:25:33 PM EDT
Shoulda asked her if she'd be interested buying your Nigerian corporation for another $3000.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 9:25:49 PM EDT
I would have asked for her phone # and address (you know, for fraud protection) and then start sending her lucrative offers of my own!!
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 9:31:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Recon_by_Fire:
LOL, just tell them tha she can pay her Nigerian taxes there at your location, just like the electric bill.

Link Posted: 8/24/2006 9:33:16 PM EDT
I would have no problem with duping people out of money like that. If they are stupid enough to fall for it, they are too stupid to keep their money.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 9:36:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Recon_by_Fire:

Ed Zachary! Now you're thinking!!!
Top Top