Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2006 7:31:45 AM EDT
Not even married two months yet, and I have had to take the COL into the shop for repairs.  I'm in the waiting room now while they work on his knee.  (All those combat jumps did a job on him.)

The good news is that it is a repair job and not a replacement, so he is still OEM!  

Your prayers would be appreciated.

K
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 7:36:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Goosestepping is hard on the knees.  

Well wishes sent.

TRG

Link Posted: 10/26/2006 7:48:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Prayer sent.

I would encourage him to look into physical therapy, even if he doesn't think that he'll need it.  I didn't get it after my knee surgeries, and I really wish I had.  I'm even considering going in for physical therapy now years later.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 7:54:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 7:55:04 AM EDT
[#4]
He is having the same procedure that I had done several years ago, so I know how important therapy is.  The doctor and I tag teamed him before surgery today about therapy.  The COL told me this morning that he would be "fully recovered" by Friday.  The doc and I set him straight!

I am making a pot of chicken soup today.  His sexy butt is going to be stuck on the couch, and I will be bringing him soup and sammiches and every other little thing he needs or wants!

And next week... he begins THERAPY!
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 8:21:51 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
He is having the same procedure that I had done several years ago, so I know how important therapy is.  The doctor and I tag teamed him before surgery today about therapy.  The COL told me this morning that he would be "fully recovered" by Friday.  The doc and I set him straight!

I am making a pot of chicken soup today.  His sexy butt is going to be stuck on the couch, and I will be bringing him soup and sammiches and every other little thing he needs or wants!

And next week... he begins THERAPY!

Remember his third leg is undamaged, but could still use therapy while his others recover.  

TRG
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 12:07:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm sorry, but that title made me laugh!

Hope his knee gets to feeling better soon though... knee problems DO suck.

Keep that man off his feet for awhile longer!
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 12:20:15 PM EDT
[#7]
The right knee?
The left knee?

Or the weenie?

Which one was injured?
j/k Well wishes sent.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 12:39:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The right knee?
The left knee?

Or the weenie?

Which one was injured?
j/k Well wishes sent.

LOL The LEFT knee!!!  (I made sure everything else was fully operational before we let the hospital, just in case!)
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 12:48:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Did they offer to let you trade him in on a newer model?
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 6:14:14 PM EDT
[#10]
LOL Any trade would be a trade down, so no, thanks!  I just ned to take really good care of him until he is all healed up!
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 6:20:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Heal Fast. Rest Well.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 6:33:44 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Prayer sent.

I would encourage him to look into physical therapy, even if he doesn't think that he'll need it.  I didn't get it after my knee surgeries, and I really wish I had.  I'm even considering going in for physical therapy now years later.

I can give this a huge +1000, physio can do wonders, not always, but often enough
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 6:49:15 PM EDT
[#13]
I may be following that same path soon.  My left knee is close to blowing out.  I think somehow it suddenly got filled with gravel!

My son's girlfriend was immobile for two weeks before she could get up and around on crutches.  Since she is 17 and I am 51, I am thinking she may heal faster than me.

Is two weeks about par?

Ya know... the government told me running was good for me, and they had a mild tissie fit about 13 years ago when the doctors told me to stop running!  Of course now it has been almost a year since I retired, and the knee wants to go belly up after I lost about 6 months of sick leave when I retired.  Just my luck.

Good luck to the Colonel!

Link Posted: 10/26/2006 6:56:22 PM EDT
[#14]
He's supposed to stay off it until Sunday and just use crutches when he NEEDS to go somewhere, and then use crutches for the week, but he is doing well with crutches already.  I have to practically pin him down!
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 7:07:54 PM EDT
[#15]
It is probably going to take duct tape and a stapler for me.  Or one of those dart rifles they use at the zoo.  My honey won't be around during the day to help.  ...but I will have four Italian Greyhounds that won't buy the excuse I won't be able to move to cater to their needs!

I am putting off getting an official you need surgery until winter.  Assuming my knee will cooperate!

Knees have been problematic for a looooong time.  Suddenly about a month ago the left knee starting being a major pain (no pun intended).  Waking me up in the middle of the night, popping, grinding and grating when I walk... won't even get into climbing stairs, etc.

This thread has helped me get a "second opinion" as to how long I will loose my mind sitting on my....

thanks!
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 7:17:42 PM EDT
[#16]
When I had mine done, I was "up and at it" in less than two weeks.  That was 22 years ago, and the knee to this day is my "good" knee!  If you need it done, go for it!
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 8:47:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Take care of him MM. Prayers sent.
Hessian-1
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 1:11:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Shucks that sucks.

I hope he gets better soon.

In my prayers.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 1:16:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Main reason I opted NOT to go Airborne; prayer inbound.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 10:30:07 AM EDT
[#20]
What, you couldn't get him a few bolt-ons while he was in there??  

hehehe  Hope everything is going well!  
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 11:06:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Had knee surgery due to a motorcycle accident - was in the hospital for nearly a month, then a chair - once I started therapy, it was 1 week, from chair, through walker, crutches, to cane.

They had me in a machine right after surgery to keep the scar tissue from forming wrong and I have nearly 100% ROM in that knee - in fact, like someone else said, it's the "good" knee now (it better be, with all the bolt ons inside it), but it's still OEM here, too - which was fortunate.

Good luck and many prayers to the COL.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:08:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Reported to mods/staff on account of misleading thread title.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:14:45 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Main reason I opted NOT to go Airborne; prayer inbound.

My main reason was I was chicken.
And I am ok with that!
M_M hope all is well soon!
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:57:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Thanks so much, everyone!  Your prayers and good thoughts are working!!!

The COL has given up the crutches and the meds, and is doing much better!  He actually accompanied me in dress mess this weekend (I was the OIC for a high profile security misson) and he overdid it, but hung in there.  Since then, he is full steam ahead!  The stitches come out later this week!
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:46:10 PM EDT
[#25]
In the halloween thread below this thread there are some really cute nurses outfits that I'm sure would aid in his recovery!

J/K  I'm sorry that you have to go through this stress.  What on earth did you make him do?? [don't answer that! ].  

Well wishes sent!  Patty
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:25:45 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Not even married two months yet, and I have had to take the COL into the shop for repairs.  I'm in the waiting room now while they work on his knee.  (All those combat jumps did a job on him.)

The good news is that it is a repair job and not a replacement, so he is still OEM!  

Your prayers would be appreciated.

K

There's probably more to this story than "combat jumps"...

It's been two months since they tied the knot and Mami has had time to lay down the law.  "Remember all that kissin' and huggin' and other stuff?  Well, from now on that's only for special occasions... Like Leap Year!"

And COL is down on his knees going "Please baby, please..."

That's my take on it, the real reason there's no spring in his step.  My prayers are out there for you buddy
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 11:34:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Wincing in honor of all the times MY knees ache 25+ years after my last jump!

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 3:03:50 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
In the halloween thread below this thread there are some really cute nurses outfits that I'm sure would aid in his recovery!

J/K  I'm sorry that you have to go through this stress.  What on earth did you make him do?? [don't answer that! ].  

Well wishes sent!  Patty

LOL  I have just the perfect nurse's outfit... but unfortunately, we have the girls, and said outfit is NOT kid-friendly!

And LMAO, I can ASSURE y'all that this is NOT from him on his knees begging for some lovin'!
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:02:58 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well wishes sent!  Patty

LOL  I have just the perfect nurse's outfit... but unfortunately, we have the girls, and said outfit is NOT kid-friendly!

And LMAO, I can ASSURE y'all that this is NOT from him on his knees begging for some lovin'!

That's your story... This thread is worthlees without pic's!  Any sign of rug burns on his knees will be a dead give away
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:15:00 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well wishes sent!  Patty

That's your story... This thread is worthlees without pic's!  Any sign of rug burns on his knees will be a dead give away

Um, are you asking for pics of a dude?!?

(JFWY)
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:21:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Just the knees, please
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top