Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/22/2004 1:56:02 PM EDT
I thought I was going to shoot a gangsta this weekend. Me and my buddy were in the bad part of town in a new red chevy pickup.  We stopped at a gas station to buy some quarts and my buddy walked out to the car before I got done paying for mine.

A big gangbanger followed him to the truck and started talking to him asking for money so he could get a ride home.  Little did the homie know I was packing my G23 and my new LEO mags!  So then I walked up behind the gangsta and said "Hey, what's up man."

Knowing he was outnumbered he backed off and pulled some crap jewlery out of his pocket and said "Hey you wanna buy this, it is sterling silver.  You can give it to your girlfriend."  I then said "I don't have any bitches right now to give it to, but thanks."  He then looked at both of us again as I had my hand on the G23 under my shirt.  He then backed away and left.

I am glad I got there when I did as this guy was 6'4" and about 260 solid mussle.  My buddy is 6'1" 165 and I am 6'0" 176.  I am glad I had the pistol with me as this could have turned bad really quickly.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:57:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Good work.

Don't ya love the feeling of your heart racing at 100 mph?

Gets me everytime.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:58:29 PM EDT
[#2]
how did you almost shoot him? You obviously dont have too much time in crap neighborhoods this is like a everyday occurance for me.  Shit I would file that under downright friendly.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:00:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
how did you almost shoot him? You obviously dont have too much time in crap neighborhoods this is like a everyday occurance for me.  Shit I would file that under downright friendly.

+1

Not that I live in a bad neighborhood anymore, but...
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:00:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Anytime anyone aproaches me for anything, be it you got the time, you got a quarer, you know how to get to... I clear the clothing and get on grip, then kindly, yet firmly let them know I cannot help them.  A lot of assaults begin with asking for something to catch you off guard.  Glad you didn't have to give him a hydraulic leak.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:01:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, that's probably not a fun situation.  I've been in a couple pretty hairy ones, but usually they don't become violent.  I live in the suburbs, though, so we only have wannabe gangsters.  Probably a lot different with the real thing...

I was cornered a few weeks back by a bunch of very angry people who wanted my blood.  The only weapon I had was my knife.  Thank God I didn't have to use it.  Once the shoving started my friends saw and came to the rescue.  1 on 1 is no problem, but 6 on 1 means someone is getting cut before I go down.

Damn I hate those situations.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:02:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Were you ready to pull your hicap Glock out sideways gangsta style while drinkin from your quart?  
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:02:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Anytime anyone aproaches me for anything, be it you got the time, you got a quarer, you know how to get to... I clear the clothing and get on grip, then kindly, yet firmly let them know I cannot help them.  A lot of assaults begin with asking for something to catch you off guard.  Glad you didn't have to give him a hydraulic leak.

wow....time to loosen the tinfoil
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:03:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Yeah, he was just the typical jewelry peddler .... see those guys all the time if in the "wrong part of town".  I've never felt threatened by them at all ...

"gangstas" dont have time to peddle jewelry, they make thier money doing other things. They are usually 4 to a car, a big car, painted gold, green or purple ..... riding low, with spinner wheels!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:04:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

wow....time to loosen the tinfoil

Not quite.  Nice guys finish dead.  Of the 3 tactical handgun classes I have taken 2 detailed this exact behaviour.  The NRA sanctioned handgun vid with the smiling guy with winged back hairdo says to do the same thing.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:04:52 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

This is called the 'assessment phase'.  Typical of a criminal's interviewing process to see if you are a willing victim.  Good situational awareness can prevent this.  "NO!  STOP!  GET BACK NOW!"

Don't let your guard down.  Ever.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:07:47 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Anytime anyone aproaches me for anything, be it you got the time, you got a quarer, you know how to get to... I clear the clothing and get on grip, then kindly, yet firmly let them know I cannot help them.  .

yes very good advice, one late night I was getting off work and I just got in my truck and roll down the window when this guy runs around the corner to my car, (WTF grab .357) I move over a little to put some space between the guy and me he is very cracked out asking for food and work and money.

He starts reaching around his pockets and I tell him to STOP GOING THROUGH YOUR POCKETS he looks at me and says I AINT GOT NO WEAPONS BRO,  then I said but I do and leveled the .357 he got the picture and booked it.

I don't know if he wanted to rob me or if he was just a fucking moron but the internation language of a stainless ruger told him to go home.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:09:03 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Were you ready to pull your hicap Glock out sideways gangsta style while drinkin from your quart?  

that is funny as hell!!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:10:10 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I was cornered a few weeks back by a bunch of very angry people who wanted my blood.  The only weapon I had was my knife.  Thank God I didn't have to use it.  Once the shoving started my friends saw and came to the rescue.  1 on 1 is no problem, but 6 on 1 means someone is getting cut before I go down.

what did you do to piss everyone off?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:14:05 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

This story needs to be eloborated on.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:15:19 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

So basically, you're a complete asshole in real life too huh?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:16:47 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This story needs to be eloborated on.

+1
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:18:10 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So basically, you're a complete asshole in real life too huh?

YES.  If you take any tactical handgun training you will be taught to do the same.  If not you will end up being one of those statistics of people getting shot with their own gun.

It's called situational awareness.  Let the unarmed citizen give em directions or a quarter.
So in your feeble mind, yes I am an asshole in real life so please don't come up to me asking for change or directions

And BTW go get some handgun training...
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:18:50 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, he was just the typical jewelry peddler .... see those guys all the time if in the "wrong part of town".  I've never felt threatened by them at all ...

"gangstas" dont have time to peddle jewelry, they make thier money doing other things. They are usually 4 to a car, a big car, painted gold, green or purple ..... riding low, with spinner wheels!

Agreed.  Skid and I live near each other and know the "wrong part of town" very well since... well... a hell of a lot of this area is the "wrong part of town".  A lot of you guys sound like you are hardly ever around "bad part of town" folk and are ready to bust a cap in everybody that asks you for something.

Situational Awareness is always important, but damn... calm that trigger finger down a bit, Rambo.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:20:42 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

what did you do to piss everyone off?

My football team beat theirs.  The University of Colorado beat Colorado State University and I happened to be in a room of CSU fans.  I patted one of them on the back and said, "Hey man, good game." and he turned around and shoved me on the couch.  I kicked him in the chest to get him off me, but the other 5-10 CSU fans circled around like a damn lynch mob.  The only thing that saved from a hospital trip, and a couple of them from stab wounds was my friends who jumped in.  I doubt it would have gone this far, but my friend had just finished cleaning his Baretta 12 Ga, so maybe they are the lucky ones here...
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:24:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Effing idiots go where angels fear to tread.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:25:48 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

+1 on this comment by Mak762.  Simply by going what you posted, you may qualify for the D.A. of the week award!

WTF?  Going into a part of town you know is bad, purchasing alcohol whilst packing, and then escalating the situation???

[butthead]You DUMBASS!![/butthead]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:30:07 PM EDT
[#22]
We stick out really bad on that side of town.  Two white guys in a new bright red 4X4 wearing nice clothes.  Keep in mind we were driving thorugh the ghetto.  We just wanted some beer.  Were were not drinking yet.   I never needed to pull the pistol, as giving him a glare worked good enough, but you never know sometimes.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:31:18 PM EDT
[#23]

I forsee some nasty preliminary hearings in the future for some of you "I'll teach them a lesson" guys.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:32:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Since this little escapade included a beer run, did you get to use that most famous, of famous last words on your buddy???
"Hey man, hold my beer and watch THIS!"
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:33:11 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 on this comment by Mak762.  Simply by going what you posted, you may qualify for the D.A. of the week award!

WTF?  Going into a part of town you know is bad, purchasing alcohol whilst packing, and then escalating the situation???

[butthead]You DUMBASS!![/butthead]

Nothing wrong with PURCHASING alcohol while packing.  Drinkings another story, but those of us who carry 24/7 purchase and pack quite often.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:35:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Are you sure you didn't have this episode after you had your "quarts"?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:35:59 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I forsee some nasty preliminary hearings in the future for some of you "I'll teach them a lesson" guys.  

Yeah, no shit.

"Hey man, I ran outta gas... can I borrow a..."  BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM

"AGH!!!! I just wanted a dollar!"  BAM
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:37:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Here in Tn, carrying while buying alcohol is a no-no.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:37:12 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Since this little escapade included a beer run, did you get to use that most famous, of famous last words on your buddy???
"Hey man, hold my beer and watch THIS!"

No he had his hands full of beer allready.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:37:41 PM EDT
[#30]
an armed citizen is a frontline defense to crime.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:38:07 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

In TX it is OK as long as you arn't in a bar or drunk.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:38:35 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, no shit.

"Hey man, I ran outta gas... can I borrow a..."  BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM

You clear the clothing and get ready.  You do not draw and certainly do not fire until a threat is imminent.  Any decent tactical handgun/carry course (At least in Texas) will ask you to do the same.  It's better to be rude than a victim.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:40:01 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In TX it is OK as long as you arn't in a bar or drunk.

Yep, I think that's where a lof of the errouneous postings are coming from.  People who don't live in free places are reading our posts through their opressed state filters.  51+ establishments a no no.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:40:23 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

+2

Several times a day I get this.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:40:43 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

And called an asshole by less educated folks.  I'll just be an asshole,...with a pulse.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:44:39 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And called an asshole by less educated folks.  I'll just be an asshole,...with a pulse.

No, I called you a DUMBASS  Git it right!

Less educated?  Less educated than who?  ErikTheHun??? Sure.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:45:28 PM EDT
[#37]
... Dude, I was just trying to raise a bus fare.

... You wanted to shoot me?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:46:37 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
You clear the clothing and get ready.  You do not draw and certainly do not fire until a threat is imminent.  Any decent tactical handgun/carry course (At least in Texas) will ask you to do the same.  It's better to be rude than a victim.

Is'nt that refered to as brandishing a weapon? A decent tactical handgun/carry course taught you that?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:47:53 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, I called you a DUMBASS  Git it right!

Less educated?  Less educated than who?  ErikTheHun??? Sure.

Dude, I'm talking about motown_steve.  I definitly do not consider you less educated.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:48:04 PM EDT
[#40]
What the hell?

Your post come4s off as you sounding like some white hip-hop gansta.

And it sure as hell doesn't sound like this guys was even doing anything.

Maybe you opver reacted.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:48:23 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, no shit.

You may find that your actions will CAUSE you to be forced to shoot someone.  Clearing your clothing and "getting ready" may cause some peaceful person to reach for THEIR weapon, in turn forcing you to draw and/or fire.

Again, situational awareness is a must but constant jumpiness like this will get someone killed that otherwise wouldn't have been.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:49:35 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is'nt that refered to as brandishing a weapon? A decent tactical handgun/carry course taught you that?

Nowhere do I say to brandish your firearm.  You brandish when you feel a threat is imminent.  And yes and decent gun couse will tell you to use situational awareness and get your hand close to or on yuor firearm as soon as the potential assailand comes into your sphre of influence.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:49:37 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Dude, I'm talking about motown_steve.  I definitly do not consider you less educated.

Oh... cool.  My bad.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:50:40 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, no shit.

You may find that your actions will CAUSE you to be forced to shoot someone.  Clearing your clothing and "getting ready" may cause some peaceful person to reach for THEIR weapon, in turn forcing you to draw and/or fire.

Again, situational awareness is a must but constant jumpiness like this will get someone killed that otherwise wouldn't have been.

To each his own.  Do what you want.  Remeber I'm in Texas.  We are a lot more free here.  And once again for the slower reader I never said brandish a firearm.  Clearing a shirt and having your hand on a holster release of grip does not reveal the firearm.  I think some of you are getting confused by what clearing the clothing means.  You are still concealed.  You don't reveal, or brandush or whatever term you want to apply until an imminent threat is determined.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:52:19 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Nowhere do I say to brandish your firearm.  You brandish when you feel a threat is imminent.  And yes and decent gun couse will tell you to use situational awareness and get your hand close to or on yuor firearm as soon as the potential assailand comes into your sphre of influence.

When you said "clear your clothing" I thought you ment expose your holstered weapon. My bad.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:54:08 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
What the hell?

Your post come4s off as you sounding like some white hip-hop gansta.

And it sure as hell doesn't sound like this guys was even doing anything.

Maybe you opver reacted.

SGatr15

I am no white hip hop wanna be.  I am a financial advisor and I drive nice things and dress nice. I obviously stood out in the ghetto and this guy wanted to rip me off.  I did not brandish, as in TX you will get introuble for brandishing unless deadly force in authurized.  Deadly force was not warrented, so I kept the pistol concealed, just had my hand on it.  I was carring in a hip holster on my right side consealed by my shirt tail.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:54:54 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When you said "clear your clothing" I thought you ment expose your holstered weapon. My bad.

It's not legal to reveal in texas, only conceal carry.  You don't brandish, or reveal until an imminent threat is determined.  But you hvae to get your hand to the firearm.  If he's a career criminal he knows how to take you down quickly.  Be nice or fearful of looking to commando reaching under your shirt.  that's perfectly OK with me.  I'll err on the side of assholeism as motown_steve put it and live to see another day.  Like I said.  A disarmed citizen can give them directions or spare change.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:55:07 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

I don't care what any fucking course tells you.  95 percent of the time that is over reacting, and there is a high chance that can escalate a situation that didn't need escalating.

I swear some of you people are fucking scardy cats.  Scared of a homeless person or anyone that appraoches you in public.

Just answer them and move on.

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:56:00 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, no shit.

To each his own.  Do what you want.  Remeber I'm in Texas.  We are a lot more free here.  And once again for the slower reader I never said brandish a firearm.  Clearing a shirt and having your hand on a holster release of grip does not reveal the firearm.  I think some of you are getting confused by what clearing the clothing means.  You are still concealed.  You don't reveal, or brandush or whatever term you want to apply until an imminent threat is determined.

I am not at all confused and my state is, for the most part, just as free as Texas.  What I am saying is that by clearing your clothing and grasping your weapon (a motion that most anyone with any sense will recognize), you may force an otherwise peaceful encounter to turn deadly quickly when the person approaching you suddenly feels threatened by YOU.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:57:32 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

............ and this guy wanted to rip me off.  

Exactly what did he say that made you believe that?

SGatr15
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top