The Flat Earth Society

Brilliant topics like:

China Does Not Exist

PROOF Earth is not round

Bible and Flat Earth

Where is the wall of ice?

the earth IS FLAT, morons.

Round World Hypothesis

Can you please leave religion out of the flat-earth theory?

The best part is all the people who DON'T believe in the Flat Earth and show up to promote the "Round Earth" notion. They go insane with their "facts and evidence" only to have it all flatly refused and ignored by people who "just know" the Earth is flat.

Some damn funny reading over there.

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:25:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you been to Pre-Ban latey??
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:27:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The Flat Earth Society

Brilliant topics like:

China Does Not Exist

PROOF Earth is not round

Bible and Flat Earth

Where is the wall of ice?

the earth IS FLAT, morons.

Round World Hypothesis

Can you please leave religion out of the flat-earth theory?

The best part is all the people who DON'T believe in the Flat Earth and show up to promote the "Round Earth" notion. They go insane with their "facts and evidence" only to have it all flatly refused and ignored by people who "just know" the Earth is flat.

Some damn funny reading over there.

AboveTopSecret.com still gets my vote for most squirrels lacking nuts.

Sheep
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:27:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, but we have cooks and loons here as well.

I mean just the other day I saw someone claiming that bullpups could actually make useful weapons.

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:29:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I mean just the other day I saw someone claiming that bullpups could actually make useful weapons.

Wait till you here the clowns talk about how great the XM8 is.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:32:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wait till you here the clowns talk about how great the XM8 is.

ALERT!  Some one is not drinking their daily alottment of HK Kool-aid!

Sheep
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:37:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Here is another group

Voluntary Human Extinction Movement
www.vhemt.org/

Q: What is the Voluntary Human Extinction Movement?

VHEMT (pronounced vehement) is a movement not an organization. It's a movement advanced by people who care about life on planet Earth. We're not just a bunch of misanthropes and anti-social, Malthusian misfits, taking morbid delight whenever disaster strikes humans. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Voluntary human extinction is the humanitarian alternative to human disasters.

We don't carry on about how the human race has shown itself to be a greedy, amoral parasite on the once-healthy face of this planet. That type of negativity offers no solution to the inexorable horrors which human activity is causing.

Rather, The Movement presents an encouraging alternative to the callous exploitation and wholesale destruction of the Earth's ecology.

As VHEMT Volunteers know, the hopeful alternative to the extinction of millions of species of plants and animals is the voluntary extinction of one species: Homo sapiens... us.

Each time another one of us decides to not add another one of us to the burgeoning billions already squatting on this ravaged planet, another ray of hope shines through the gloom.

When every human chooses to stop breeding, Earth's biosphere will be allowed to return to its former glory, and all remaining creatures will be free to live, die, evolve (if they believe in evolution), and will perhaps pass away, as so many of Mother Nature's "experiments" have done throughout the eons. Good health will be restored to the Earth's ecology... to the "life form" known by many as Gaia.

It's going to take all of us going.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:38:28 PM EDT
[#7]

I Think I Found A Forum More Insane Than Arfcom...  

We already know about DU
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:59:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm wondering where in the heck in the Bible it says the earth is flat...

There's only one passage of scripture that even mentions the earth's shape that I know of, and it describes the earth as being "circular".

Oh, and please don't lump the creationists here in with those nuts.  I had never even heard of anyone who beleived the earth was flat before i saw this site.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:18:40 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Here is another group

www.vhemt.org/

VHEMT (pronounced vehement) is a movement not an organization. It's a movement advanced by people who care about life on planet Earth. We're not just a bunch of misanthropes and anti-social, Malthusian misfits, taking morbid delight whenever disaster strikes humans. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Voluntary human extinction is the humanitarian alternative to human disasters.

We don't carry on about how the human race has shown itself to be a greedy, amoral parasite on the once-healthy face of this planet. That type of negativity offers no solution to the inexorable horrors which human activity is causing.

Rather, The Movement presents an encouraging alternative to the callous exploitation and wholesale destruction of the Earth's ecology.

As VHEMT Volunteers know, the hopeful alternative to the extinction of millions of species of plants and animals is the voluntary extinction of one species: Homo sapiens... us.

Each time another one of us decides to not add another one of us to the burgeoning billions already squatting on this ravaged planet, another ray of hope shines through the gloom.

When every human chooses to stop breeding, Earth's biosphere will be allowed to return to its former glory, and all remaining creatures will be free to live, die, evolve (if they believe in evolution), and will perhaps pass away, as so many of Mother Nature's "experiments" have done throughout the eons. Good health will be restored to the Earth's ecology... to the "life form" known by many as Gaia.

Some how I dont foresee this movement having much longevity.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:38:17 AM EDT
[#10]
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=465
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:08:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:11:52 AM EDT
[#12]
That is some funny shit.  I guess I am a "Round Earth Facist"
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:16:00 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I'm wondering where in the heck in the Bible it says the earth is flat...

There's only one passage of scripture that even mentions the earth's shape that I know of, and it describes the earth as being "circular".

Oh, and please don't lump the creationists here in with those nuts.  I had never even heard of anyone who beleived the earth was flat before i saw this site.

I think you missed the point entirely.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:17:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:18:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:19:06 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=465

It could happen...
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:20:06 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Says they are 'temporarily offline'  
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:21:09 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Here is another group

www.vhemt.org/

Some how I dont foresee this movement having much longevity.

Geeze Gaia Theory....people still subscribe to that shit?!?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:22:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:24:19 AM EDT
[#20]
"Charity walk to the end of the earth?" WTF?!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:24:55 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

damn you...

you win this round you, roundies!

Read "There is no China" seems hauntingly familiar...

That's a great one.

"Prove it."

That's actually an amazing logical thing there.  From now on I'm going to make outlandish and ridiculous claims, like I invented the question mark, and when challenged I will simply ask the challenger to prove otherwise.  They cannot!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:26:02 AM EDT
[#22]
www.timecube.com
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:27:19 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Says they are 'temporarily offline'  

Yes, it sure does. Sigtalk is down too.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:28:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Anouther little jewel, from the VHEMT web site...

The Church of Euthanasia advocates what many think of when they hear about VHEMT for the first time: suicide for Earth's sake. Founder Chris Korda, in their newsletter Snuff It, (4) encourages those who are truly serious about saving the planet to kill themselves. Also offered are several creative ways to help the cause of voluntary human extinction.

The Gaia Liberation Front (5) favors people killing each other as in wars, but prefers "hand-to-hand combat, or better yet, biological agents that kill only humans."

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:28:28 AM EDT
[#25]
HIPPY ALERT!!!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:29:19 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Here is another group

www.vhemt.org/

A lot of irony here.  Those who begin the movement and continue it will of course have to be the last to go...just to be sure it's successful...
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:34:15 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

damn you...

you win this round you, roundies!

Read "There is no China" seems hauntingly familiar...

That's a great one.

"Prove it."

That's actually an amazing logical thing there.  From now on I'm going to make outlandish and ridiculous claims, like I invented the question mark, and when challenged I will simply ask the challenger to prove otherwise.  They cannot!

Yeah, I loved that shit.

FYI I "think" you can post on that board without even registering.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:34:30 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Anouther little jewel, from the VHEMT web site...

The Church of Euthanasia advocates what many think of when they hear about VHEMT for the first time: suicide for Earth's sake. Founder Chris Korda, in their newsletter Snuff It, (4) encourages those who are truly serious about saving the planet to kill themselves. Also offered are several creative ways to help the cause of voluntary human extinction.

The Gaia Liberation Front (5) favors people killing each other as in wars, but prefers "hand-to-hand combat, or better yet, biological agents that kill only humans."

I am guessing that the Founder of the Church of Euthanasia is still alive?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top