Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/9/2004 2:01:03 PM EDT
Bushmaster Responds to Brady Groups False Claim of Victory
Thursday September 9, 2004 9:24AM est

Windham, Maine -- The Washington DC Brady Group would have you believe they won some kind of victory! The Brady Group brought this lawsuit not for the victims, but for their anti-gun agenda. The Brady Group asked for the settlement conference after reviewing all the evidence they knew they could not be successful in court and they wanted to stop paying lawyer fees.

The Brady Group sent a second tier lawyer to the settlement conference with nine demands on Bushmaster regarding business practices and Bushmaster denied them all. We then gave the Brady Group our statement that we support the BATF licensing requirements to be a Federal Firearms Licensed (FFL) holder and our support for the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) safety programs, and they accepted our statement. We did not agree and would not agree to change the way we do business or make any additional demands of our customers. We were emphatic that Bushmaster did not commit any wrong doings.

The attorney for our insurance company was at the settlement conference and informed us that about half of our policy limits had been spent on trial lawyers. It was the insurance company’s position that all of the limit would be spent on this case, and therefore turned the funds over to Bushmaster to use as we saw fit removing the insurance company from the case. Our choice was to continue spending it on trial lawyers or turn it over directly to the victims’ families with no funds going to the Brady Group for their legal fees.

We felt the compassionate thing to do was give it to the victims’ families, not because we had to but because we wanted to. The Washington DC Brady Group should learn what compassion is really all about!

Bushmaster strongly believes and vigorously supports the rights of citizens to own and use firearms, and the settlement of this case in no way compromises that stand. The Brady Group’s attempt at claiming a victory over firearms manufacturers is a hollow one with no substance. Their attempt to eliminate gun rights of citizens has failed legislatively and will continue to fail with these frivolous lawsuits against gun manufacturers.

Bushmaster Firearms, Inc.

###

I will for one help them get their money back.

ETA: I are badd at speling.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:03:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you going to buy a S&W too?

if not you can lick sack
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:03:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I think BM's insurance policy is good enough for me.  I'll buy non purple guns, thanks!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:03:40 PM EDT
[#3]
They are SK-RUDE the next time they get sued!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:04:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

if not you can lick sack

WTF??!?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:07:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

if not you can lick sack

I was one of the most outspoken S&W bashers on this board.

I finally did something about it and emailed them. They went out of their way to call me on the phone and discuss the situation.

Long and the short of it, they have done the best they can to get rid of the agreement, but they have 12 other lawsuits they are fighting that are a real and present danger.

I did a long post, and I am now satisfied they are really under new management and doing the best they can to support American shooters.

If you still have a beef, I would highly recommend you talk directly to them, and be frank, they can take it.

They tried to get it lifted, but there is no movement in Washington. Since it's not being enforced, they are concentrating on the 12 lawsuits that are hanging over their heads.

The last lawsuit cost them $1,000,000 to win. Think about that.

Basically, they have to practice triage - and the HUD agreement just doesn't rank right now

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:08:37 PM EDT
[#6]
No S&W for me, but I would take the Walther P-99 that S&W put their names on, make mine in 45ACP please.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:09:43 PM EDT
[#7]
HMM, maybe I missed something,

but

1) they gave the brady bunch a big ol wet one by not paying their fees.

2) they gave the rest of the money that was either going to be wasted being tied up in court, or to go to the victims, to the victims. On their own accord.

and you guys want to throw them to the wolves?

I guess I am lost on this point.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:10:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I agree.  I'd sooner buy a Smith & Wesson or a Ruger.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:12:49 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

if not you can lick sack

WTF??!?

sorry - I am just in a trollish mood...I do find it interesting that many here are not reacting the same way they did against S&W and that is disappointing. Disappointing because I feel S&W got a raw deal and had crappy mgmt that made a business decision to save the company and they did a terrible job explaining it to the public. Hopefully, now people will re-engage with S&W as they make a fine line handguns.

I don't hate BM...

I don't need you to lick my sack
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:13:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Why wait until the 14th? Buy it on the 13th!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:15:08 PM EDT
[#11]
I've spent upwards of $1k at BM within the last three weeks. I'd do it again too! Blame the legal system and the FUCKTARD lawyers that brought this suit. That's who is to blame here.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:15:56 PM EDT
[#12]
well, if I have to!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:16:17 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

if not you can lick sack

WTF??!?

sorry - I am just in a trollish mood...I do find it interesting that many here are not reacting the same way they did against S&W and that is disappointing. Disappointing because I feel S&W got a raw deal and had crappy mgmt that made a business decision to save the company and they did a terrible job explaining it to the public. Hopefully, now people will re-engage with S&W as they make a fine line handguns.

I don't hate BM...

No its all good,
I was just like.
woah, I guess i missed something.

I see what you were trying to get across.

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:16:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Hey if people are gonna lick sack, I could use a good sack lickin.
U guys are sooo rude.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:20:38 PM EDT
[#15]
he has a tongue like a cat though!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:20:55 PM EDT
[#16]

Press Release

Bushmaster Responds to Brady Groups False Claim of Victory
Thursday September 9, 2004 9:24AM est

Windham, Maine -- The Washington DC Brady Group would have you believe they won some kind of victory! The Brady Group brought this lawsuit not for the victims, but for their anti-gun agenda. The Brady Group asked for the settlement conference after reviewing all the evidence they knew they could not be successful in court and they wanted to stop paying lawyer fees.

The Brady Group sent a second tier lawyer to the settlement conference with nine demands on Bushmaster regarding business practices and Bushmaster denied them all. We then gave the Brady Group our statement that we support the BATF licensing requirements to be a Federal Firearms Licensed (FFL) holder and our support for the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) safety programs, and they accepted our statement. We did not agree and would not agree to change the way we do business or make any additional demands of our customers. We were emphatic that Bushmaster did not commit any wrong doings.

The attorney for our insurance company was at the settlement conference and informed us that about half of our policy limits had been spent on trial lawyers. It was the insurance company’s position that all of the limit would be spent on this case, and therefore turned the funds over to Bushmaster to use as we saw fit removing the insurance company from the case. Our choice was to continue spending it on trial lawyers or turn it over directly to the victims’ families with no funds going to the Brady Group for their legal fees.

We felt the compassionate thing to do was give it to the victims’ families, not because we had to but because we wanted to. The Washington DC Brady Group should learn what compassion is really all about!

Bushmaster strongly believes and vigorously supports the rights of citizens to own and use firearms, and the settlement of this case in no way compromises that stand. The Brady Group’s attempt at claiming a victory over firearms manufacturers is a hollow one with no substance. Their attempt to eliminate gun rights of citizens has failed legislatively and will continue to fail with these frivolous lawsuits against gun manufacturers.

Bushmaster Firearms, Inc.

Im buying two lower from them on Monday
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:22:41 PM EDT
[#17]
I wish
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:26:16 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm going to keep buying DPMS.  Their customer service is way better.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:48:55 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Im buying two lower from them on Monday

I'll be ordering my 2 on Tuesday.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:55:38 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I'm going to keep buying DPMS.  Their customer service is way better.

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:59:38 PM EDT
[#21]
being 9/9 i would imagine ALL the AR manufacturers are doing ALL they can just to keep up with demand...................and some ::cough:: RRA ::cough:: are already so far behind already it's pitiful

there is no telling how much money they're making right now
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:01:38 PM EDT
[#22]

I think BM's insurance policy is good enough for me. I'll buy non purple guns, thanks!

Pruple? I do not get it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:03:30 PM EDT
[#23]
I posted this in another thread....

The gun owning community (AW owners in particular), has to bear some of the guilt for letting the Bushmaster lawsuit get this far.  We were the ones who made the phone calls, sent emails, faxed our Congress critters to pull the plug on S 1805 when the AWB was attached. We could have chanced it and let it go to the House as it was and hoped for the AWB language to get stripped out. We didn't and as a result
Bushmaster (and other firearms manufactuers ), were left  fending for themselves (had anyone ever proposed setting up a fund to help with legal costs?).

Getting pissed at and accusing Bushmaster of giving in to the enemy, is just plain nonsense.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:13:08 PM EDT
[#24]
I'll be gettin some BM parts to support them..

Even if it is just a parts kit.

- BG
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:20:05 PM EDT
[#25]
I will buy a BM pre-post-no ban weapon just as soon as I recover from 3.5 months of unemployment.

I think they made a good decision.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:22:43 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

if not you can lick sack

WTF??!?

I don't hate BM...

I don't need you to lick my sackhr

No its all good,
I was just like.

I think JHP is just trying to feel better about the 2 S&W's he owns.  No sympathy here...
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:26:38 PM EDT
[#27]
A new "no-ban" 20"A2 Bushmaster is going to be the next thing I buy.
I am just waiting on a check that I will be getting in December for the vacation days
that I have not used this year.

Hurry up December!

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:29:45 PM EDT
[#28]
I've spent about $1k at BM the past 12 months.  I do like their product and services, plan on getting one of my A@ uppers rebarelled from a Dissipator toa 20" Govt Profile.  That'll be about $250 more.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:30:39 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm in but I have no money. When i save up I'll buy one.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:34:45 PM EDT
[#30]
I have nothing against BM, I don't own any BM's though.  I would love to get another AR, but if I do it will be a Armalite.  again nothing against BM, I just like to support local companies if possible (Illinois business).  how ever, once I'm done with stock AR's, then Bushmaster and RRA will get my custom orders.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:42:15 PM EDT
[#31]
I just bought 4 bushmaster barrels.

Not to help them out tho.... I did it selfishly, because Bushmaster is the BEST.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:45:48 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

if not you can lick sack

WTF??!?

I don't hate BM...

No its all good,
I was just like.

I think JHP is just trying to feel better about the 2 S&W's he owns.  No sympathy here...

Whore...spoken like a true owner of BM and Glocks...
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:51:23 PM EDT
[#33]

Whore...spoken like a true owner of BM and Glocks...Whore?  Sack lickin'?  Sounds like a true owner of a S&W Sigma.  Whiner...
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:52:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:58:22 PM EDT
[#35]
All I plan to do is buy a pre-ban parts kit from BM.... I just hope it doesnt take 6 months to damn year to get it shipped.

Anybody remember back to 99? It was damn near impossible to an upper shipped out. They were busy using them for complete rifles. Totally ignoring the parts crowd. Not cool business practice IMO. I had uppers on order for almost 4 months before I said f it and cancelled. My AR15 receiver is still stripped to this day.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:13:18 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
All I plan to do is buy a pre-ban parts kit from BM.... I just hope it doesnt take 6 months to damn year to get it shipped.

Anybody remember back to 99? It was damn near impossible to an upper shipped out. They were busy using them for complete rifles. Totally ignoring the parts crowd. Not cool business practice IMO. I had uppers on order for almost 4 months before I said f it and cancelled. My AR15 receiver is still stripped to this day.

I have an M4 14.5" + permanent Phantom barrel on backorder, but they say it will only be a few days. All the other stuff I've bought in the last few weeks, including a complete pre(non) 11.5/5.5" upper and a 20"  barrel were in stock. They seem to be well prepared!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:18:41 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Anybody remember back to 99?

Did they have any military contracts back then?

It was damn near impossible to an upper shipped out. They were busy using them for complete rifles. Totally ignoring the parts crowd. Not cool business practice IMO. I had uppers on order for almost 4 months before I said f it and cancelled. My AR15 receiver is still stripped to this day.

I've been buying parts from them for about the past 3 years. Order was usually shipped out the day it was received or the next day. Turn around  from the time I mailed them a MO and my order was received took as  little as 6 days (depended on the day I sent in the MO and the day they received it). There were times I received my order the day after they shipped it (then again, I live in MA so that expidites things).

One thing I always do with anything I mail order is to get a tracking number. Request it when you place the order. If you don't get one, call customer service and ask for it.

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:25:19 PM EDT
[#38]
They are a great company. They fought the Devil and walked away....for us.

I will, and will continue, to buy Bushmaster. All of you guys bickering is just what the anti-gun crowd wants. Stop it, and go buy a gun next week....any gun.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:32:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Will do, BM gets my $$.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:35:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Will I buy a Bushmaster? I already have and would do it again!
Will I buy a Smith & Wesson? See Bushmaster answer!

Jim
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:37:45 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
They are a great company. They fought the Devil and walked away....for us.

I will, and will continue, to buy Bushmaster. All of you guys bickering is just what the anti-gun crowd wants. Stop it, and go buy a gun scary black bullet hose next week....any gun scary black bullet hose.

Fixed it for ya!  My opinion exactly, BTW (even before my repairs).
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:41:12 PM EDT
[#42]
I would have no problems buying a Bushmaster.

Doesn't Blackwater provide their guys in the the states with Bushys?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:44:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Why don't you buy mine FOR me.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:53:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Bushmaster has always done right by me.
I like, buy and own their products and will do so in the future.
However, it amazes me that so many give them a pass on this.  If another company, oh say, Colt had done this it would just fuel the Colt haters fire.
Bushmaster supports this site and is kind of a sacred cow around here so that explains some of it.
If this were done by Olympic, ASA, or other not so well liked manufacturers, I'm sure some would be singing a much different tune.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:58:23 PM EDT
[#45]
I want to get a Bushy LEO stripped lower.
Gonna call them monday and see if they have any left....
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:02:44 PM EDT
[#46]
By paying for the actions of the CRIMINALS, Bushmaster has opened the door even more for the anti-gun lobby attacks on the manufacturers.

I would not have paid a single cent to the victims until Ford, Sunoco, Makita, Goodyear, Adidas, FUBU, and any other company who legally manufactured and sold goods that were used by these two muslim terrorists to commit multiple murders also ponied up the funds for the victims.  (For the record I don't know if the companies mentioned above manufactured any goods used by the two criminals, and I DO NOT imply they did!  I only used their names to emphasize a point.)

[sarcasm]  After all, it they didn't have a car, power tools, tires, and clothes, then they wouldn't have been able to commit their crimes either.  Right??? [/sarcasm]

Now then, having said that, it's Bushmaster's money and THEY can spend it any way they see fit.  I respect their decision, I just don't agree with it.  Although Bushmaster's decision did not provide any funds to the Brady Group, it does give the impression to the public that Bushmaster feels they are in some part responsible for the death of the victims, and that is EXACTLY what the Brady Group had in mind when they started this suit, to show the American people that guns are too dangerous for them to own, and not to secure funds for the Brady Group.  Sorry, but the Brady Group DID win this round.

I have done business with Bushmaster in the past and I have been satisfied with their products and service.  At this time, I am undecided as to whether or not I will conduct business with them in the future.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:08:46 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
If this were done by Olympic, ASA, or other not so well liked manufacturers, I'm sure some would be singing a much different tune.

It wouldn't make any difference to me. I own Colt, Oly, PWA, RRA, and Bushy rifles. It looks to me like Bushy was given the money by their insurance company and stiffed HCI, et al by giving the money to the victims. The HCI lawyers got dick. They (Bushmaster) made no appologies or conciliatory admissions. That's a far cry from what some other manufacturers did (Colt, Ruger) while under NO pressure to do so.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:12:19 PM EDT
[#48]
It was a foolish move on their part.  It is also being portrayed by the media as a settlement.  As a matter of fact, I just saw NBC scroll across the bottom of the screen "manufacturer pays 2.5 mil to families of victims in sniper shoot"  Every day it becomes more obvious that the news media is nothing but propaganda.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:16:02 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

I think BM's insurance policy is good enough for me. I'll buy non purple guns, thanks!

Pruple? I do not get it.

BM used (early production) process that changed their guns purple over time[
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:27:03 PM EDT
[#50]
I like Bushmaster....

but I will be buying a carbine that SAYS AR-15 on it
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top