Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2002 5:04:20 PM EDT
...but watch CBS now - it's the Sept 11 show!

Eric The(GottaGo!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 5:21:47 PM EDT
[#1]
The Sept. 11th Show? What the hell, man. Is it a new sitcom? Dirty sons of bitches are raking in millions of dollars of advertising airing footage of something I don't ever want to see again in my life. They don't care about what happened that day, all they care about is putting something on the screen lots of people will watch, selling it to advertisers, so they can put the downpayment on that new car. Screw TV. Now I wish I had taped a target to mine and taken it to the range. The networks are all owned and run filty cocksuckers.

Pissedoji
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 5:27:43 PM EDT
[#2]
It's the first commercial break.

A very nice documentary on the first nine months of a NYC fireman trainee, but it just ended with a 'last meal' on Sept 10.

You can see the Twin Towers of the WTC in the background of the outside shots!

Gotta go! [>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 6:23:46 PM EDT
[#3]
It's the second commercial break.

Are you guys watching this?

Incredible!

Where's Tony? the Newbie?

Eric The(GottaGo)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 6:29:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 6:58:50 PM EDT
[#5]
It was a powerful documentary.  Brought it home to me like nothing else before.  Hearing the bodies impact the roof of the lobby of WT1 just hit me in the gut.  I started choking up again, like I hadn't since December...
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 7:01:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It was a powerful documentary.  Brought it home to me like nothing else before.  Hearing the bodies impact the roof of the lobby of WT1 just hit me in the gut.  I started choking up again, like I hadn't since December...
View Quote
Me, too. And for those guys to have known what was happening, and to feel so helpless.....
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 7:02:12 PM EDT
[#7]
That was by far the best thing ever broadcast! They should show it once a week. I wish I'd taped it. Unreal.
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 7:08:06 PM EDT
[#8]
That was just great! I think it ought to be required viewing for anyone who's forgotten just what our nation went through last Sept 11.

Eric The(Saddened)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 7:23:39 PM EDT
[#9]
sadly, they could air the show everyday from this day until the Kingdom comes.  if people didn't get it [i]that[/i] day, they never will.

Link Posted: 3/10/2002 7:30:53 PM EDT
[#10]
It was a powerful 2 hours.

However, in the Chicago area, there were 2 commercials after the special ended.

Both were by politicians running for state governor. Both were mudslinging commercials.

What a nice way to end 2 hours of paying tribute to the firefighters on 9/11/2001. [:(!]

Av.
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 8:04:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Boy, for a minute there I thought 'Tony' the newbie was a goner!

When he didn't come back when the others did...

A very moving documentary. It is a 'must see' for anyone who wants to be well-versed on the events of Sept. 11.

We all saw that one video of the first plane crashing into the WTC. Now we know the reason that the videocamera was there in the first place.

Eric The(Defiant)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 10:18:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The Sept. 11th Show? What the hell, man. Is it a new sitcom? Dirty sons of bitches are raking in millions of dollars of advertising airing footage of something I don't ever want to see again in my life. They don't care about what happened that day, all they care about is putting something on the screen lots of people will watch, selling it to advertisers, so they can put the downpayment on that new car. Screw TV. Now I wish I had taped a target to mine and taken it to the range. The networks are all owned and run filty cocksuckers.
Pissedoji
View Quote

The best cure your(our)problem is to turn it off, or bring it to the range. If it offends thee, waste it...Your last sentence is direct and to the point, does this include Ted T. and Hanoi Jane, as well ? In that case you might want to add 'Commie' after filthy....

Gib187th (Commie lover from Mass.)

PS: I learned 'waste it' from watching 'Full Metal Jacket'...comes in handy when trying to impress Vietnam Combat Veterans with your knowledge and insight on the war....good post, Gib   ;{>
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 10:43:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 12:36:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Later this week I expect to see letters-to-the-editor in the local rag, ranting and raving about how we should love our peaceful Muslim neighbors. After all, the 9/11 attacks are the result of our imperialistic policies, right?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top