Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2012 4:26:19 PM EDT
I bought an IMac awhile back and just got around to trying to play videos recorded on my Sony handy cam that is about four years old.   The videos are .MPG format but will not play on quick time.  They used to play fine on my old HP laptop.  Any suggestions for the computer illiterate.

Edit: Upgraded to Mountain Lion and now everything works fine.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 4:57:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I bought an IMac awhile back and just got around to trying to play videos recorded on my Sony handy cam that is about four years old.   The videos are .MPG format but will not play on quick time.  They used to play fine on my old HP laptop.  Any suggestions for the computer illiterate.

here you go

Brian
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:17:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Try Perian codecs or VLC media player.

Edited above.  I see Perian is being shut down.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top