Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/9/2001 4:54:12 PM EDT
If you get any E-mail from me DELETE IT NOW!
I just got something from a Jennifer Hart,it was Citizenship.PIF Like a Total dumbass I opened it and got this;

The children will have to share the same fate as their parents.  But though the parents and their children, as well will not be American residents, they can still be protected by the constitution.

Then it automatically brought up the tour screen that you get when you start WIN98 for the first time. I dug into it and found a BUNCH of code and a reference to MS Outlook.

I have NO reason to contact any of you guys right now! If you get any E-mail from me or this Jennifer Hart DELETE IT!
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 5:07:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Same thing happened to me today...almost.  I got an email from a web site where I ordered gas mask filters.  They email simply said, "see attachment" no other message at all.  I debated to myself whether to click it and finally decided that I neede to find out why it's been over 2 months and still not filters.  *click*..up pops my virus alert stating that a worm was being blocked.  I have virus protection from Murphy and mcafee.  I'd reccomend you go to cnet.com and click on downloads.  There you will find a host of free virus protectors and firewalls.  Sorry to hear you gotta deal with this now.
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 6:08:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey Thanks man! I am working on it.
[center][red]ATTENTION![/red][/center]
IF YOU GET ANYTHING FROM ME THAT DOESNT HAVE
"BUDDY THE CAT" IN THE SUBJECT LINE ITS BOGUS!!!
DELETE IT !!!
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 6:13:36 PM EDT
[#3]
nortons caught a virus on my box about 15 minutes ago. it was called subfolder seven.
don't know if it did any damage. i deleted
the infected files. wish me luck. [peep]

by the way i have not opened any e mail today.
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 6:44:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Subfolder Seven?  Sounds a lot like Sub-7.  Seems all the freaks are out to write some VB hack and email it around to see if they are as cool as the guys that wrote the code red virus.

I usually kill about 3 emails a week from people I don't know or have some crap in the subject like $@#$^^#@$^.

Can't be too careful people.  If it is something important, they will email ya back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top