Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/15/2010 5:03:56 PM EDT
So they're pulling people over again on Mockingbird. Six lane road and it is 35 MHP. And no, they didn't get me. Yeah, it's all about safety. This is pretty much par for the course around here. Ridiculously low speed limits that do nothing but foul traffic and provide any easy quota-day for the uniformed tax collectors traffic cops. Hey, if y'all want to catch some real criminals just stay at city hall. I'm sure there's a couple the FBI missed.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:08:22 PM EDT
I've seen alot of tickets for people not coming to a complete stop going through highland park
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:09:09 PM EDT
I hate all traffic. I drive anywhere from 100 to 250 miles a day...and I have to pull a treatment boat behind me every single day all that distance
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:09:28 PM EDT
Boo fricken hoo, leave work later

I have to make the drive from Arlington to 635 and Preston everyday.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:10:25 PM EDT
Move up to the DC Metro and you'll wish you had it that good.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:13:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Star_Scream:
I've seen alot of tickets for people not coming to a complete stop going through highland park

Highland park is the worst. The rich folks basically want to discourage as much traffic as possible and the cops oblige.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:14:56 PM EDT
Originally Posted By happycynic:

Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

Highland park is the worst. The rich folks basically want to discourage as much traffic as possible and the cops oblige.

This

I go to a college you might have heard of that is on Mockingbird. The cops are not kind to us.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:15:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By sweatpants:

I billed 9 hours and left at 7:00. But having lived in C-ville I'd rather make my commute than yours, and I'd rather deal with Texas traffic cops that VA ones. I'd call VA traffic cops fascist, but that would be an insult to fascists.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:16:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/15/2010 5:17:46 PM EDT by VelveteenMole]

So they're pulling people over again on Mockingbird. Six lane road and it is 35 MHP. And no, they didn't get me. Yeah, it's all about safety. This is pretty much par for the course around here. Ridiculously low speed limits that do nothing but foul traffic and provide any easy quota-day for the uniformed tax collectors traffic cops. Hey, if y'all want to catch some real criminals just stay at city hall. I'm sure there's a couple the FBI missed.

Relax, stop by Campisi's and get a meatball sammich (add provolone, black olives, and lightly sauteed peppers and onions FTW).
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:16:57 PM EDT
mockingbird and what cross street?
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:17:06 PM EDT

I billed 9 hours and left at 7:00. But having lived in C-ville I'd rather make my commute than yours, and I'd rather deal with Texas traffic cops that VA ones. I'd call VA traffic cops fascist, but that would be an insult to fascists.

I meant Arlington, TX
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:17:13 PM EDT
I will never visit my brother again in dallas because of the traffic. Hell i will never go there again.

I will only fly to other airports and drive a couple extra hours, which is a longer trip, it takes less time.

over a 5 day trip, you lose one whole day to traffic.

Fuck the big D
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:17:49 PM EDT

dude I did that for about 6 months then said fuck that and got an apt. closer to work.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:18:19 PM EDT

I meant Arlington, TX

Lol. VA cops are really that bad, though. I think only New Jersey can rival them.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:18:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ttushooter:
mockingbird and what cross street?

Between Abrams and Skillman.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:38:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/15/2010 5:42:55 PM EDT by Lion_of_Lincoln]

Originally Posted By TaylorWSO:
I will never visit my brother again in dallas because of the traffic. Hell i will never go there again.

I will only fly to other airports and drive a couple extra hours, which is a longer trip, it takes less time.

Fuck the big D

Worst traffic I've ever seen was in Dallas. L.A.ain't got nothin' on Dallas.

Particularly aggravating was the junction for southbound Highway 12 to westbound Interstate 30. Why the hell did they build the exit like that?

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=dallas&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Dallas,+Texas&gl=us&ei=sXORTJKZCY2MnQed8J20DA&ved=0CCoQ8gEwAA&ll=32.766455,-96.913061&spn=0.01014,0.022724&t=h&z=16
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:40:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Lion_of_Lincoln:

Originally Posted By TaylorWSO:

Fuck the big D

Worst traffic I've ever seen was in Dallas. L.A.ain't got nothin' on Dallas.

Particularly aggravated was the junction for southbound Highway 12 to westbound Interstate 30. Why the hell did they build the exit like that?

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=dallas&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Dallas,+Texas&gl=us&ei=sXORTJKZCY2MnQed8J20DA&ved=0CCoQ8gEwAA&ll=32.766455,-96.913061&spn=0.01014,0.022724&t=h&z=16

I'm convinced we do it just to keep Yankees out. If you miss enough left-exits in a row you wind up in Iowa where you belong.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:42:03 PM EDT
HAHAHAA move to Atlanta and then tell me how bad you have it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 6:14:08 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ttushooter:

dude I did that for about 6 months then said fuck that and got an apt. closer to work.

i did the same, hillcrest/preston to i-30
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:51:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By jeffco55:
HAHAHAA move to Atlanta and then tell me how bad you have it.

You fool.
Top Top