Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2003 6:46:51 PM EDT
Why the hell does the damned department store I had to go to today (sans SEC) have to put the cosmetic/perfume counter where EVERYONE is forced to pass near the damned thing?

There are ALWAYS fat womenz testing the latest aroma out, which is fine, but those damned squirty bottles send out a mist for several yards.

My luck is not good here, people. Every time I go past I manage to come home smelling like I've just visited a cheap whorehouse or strip club.

Fortunatly, when Mrs Pic (whom I was running an errand for) knows I'm a perfume magnet, otherwise there would probably be hell to pay.

Why don't they locate the damned thing somewhere else?
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 6:50:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Punchline: Mrs Pic doesn't know what the inside of a whorehouse smells like.
[:D]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 7:02:34 PM EDT
[#2]
The reason the retailers put perfumes & fragrances where everybody can see them is that is where the retailer makes the most money of anything the sell. You won't believe the profit margins on them. Also, in many of the retailers, the perfume counters are "rented" by the perfume companies, but they are staffed by the retailer's employees.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 7:05:01 PM EDT
[#3]
The fumes are so thick that if you lit a match it would probably have the same effect as a Fuel Air Explosive bomb.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 7:09:54 PM EDT
[#4]

My eyes water and I sneeze if I even walk near the area. Same goes for those stupid scented candles.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 7:12:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I was in the perfume/makeup dept. of Lazurus deptarment store in Florence, Ky. a few days ago buying perfume for my mom and sis. for Christmas....and I saw one of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen consulting a customer.  She was a long brunette...high cheekbones...bushy eyebrows.  Fantastic body.  She was consulting a customer...applying makeup and doing whatever.

I could hardly take my eyes off her.  She was that stunning.  I suddenly found myself looking for reasons to hang out in the makeup/perfume dept. on a regular basis without looking like a pervert.

I love the perfume counter.

Link Posted: 12/22/2003 7:21:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Perfume counters just trigger migraines for me...  I avoid them at all cost...
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 7:31:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I was in the perfume/makeup dept. of Lazurus deptarment store in Florence, Ky. a few days ago buying perfume for my mom and sis. for Christmas....and I saw one of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen consulting a customer.  She was a long brunette...high cheekbones...bushy eyebrows.  Fantastic body.  She was consulting a customer...applying makeup and doing whatever.

I could hardly take my eyes off her.  She was that stunning.  I suddenly found myself looking for reasons to hang out in the makeup/perfume dept. on a regular basis without looking like a pervert.

I love the perfume counter.

View Quote

With your luck, probably a drag queen, or maybe a transexual.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 7:34:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Now now boys.  He never said that Mrs Pic knows what a cheap whorehouse or strip club smells like.  Just that it's what he smells like.  The question is then  - How does he know what they smell like???

And SEC dragging him through don't count.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top