Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2002 8:46:57 PM EDT
They are total ASSHOLES!!
They actually think they own the woods.  They act like they are the only ones that can hunt in the entire woods of Maine.
They pay money for an area that already is open for ALL hunters to use(permission from the paper companies)
Even the paper companies stated that they allow the Maine Guides to pay special fees because they will actually spend the money, but is does't MEAN anything!

I say thins because it was last year that a Maine Guide called the Game Warden and got him to write a ticket to a buddy for placing a Bear Bait site too close to his own.  Which was total BULLSHIT, I was there and WE cleared the path for the first several weeks, so we were there first. then the Guide has the Gaul to say that WE were too close to HIS site...
NOW after driving over 150 miles, spending over $10 in gas, over $7 in Bait supplies EVERY WEEKEND not to mention the mileage and time looking for a spot.
A FUCKEN ASSHOLE Maine Guide finds MY Site, (the first week of hunting) Removes my name tag from the tree and SHITS, as in to take a SHIT, on my Bait buckets, ALL of which is illegal.
I AM SO PISSED!!!
But don't worry, he will get his own...I just wish I could make it more interesting, but I don't know how to make blasting caps...

BISHOP

Link Posted: 9/1/2002 12:31:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Good luck on getting the ticket thrown out.

Ruin the perps business reputation if possible.

Don't get into trouble, but cornhole him any way you can......
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 2:37:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm a Registered Maine Guide.

I treat my crews right, they all have fun, and I don't step on anyone's toes.  I get a lot of repeat business and I'm selective in my outings.  I love it and so do the customers.

I'm sorry to hear about your problems.  That's unnacceptable behavior for a Reg. Maine Guide.  Take him to the thunderdome cause he sounds like a true a**hole.  Just don't think the lot of Maine Guides are like that.  We do it because we love what Maine has to offer and want to share it with others.

Bear hunting is a nasty business.  So get nasty.

Cheers.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 4:54:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm with Hokie. I'm not a Maine Guide, I wish I was, but I know several and I've even worked with some. None of the guides I know would ever do something like that. Get his license # and have him black-balled.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 5:05:01 PM EDT
[#4]
If I recall there is a way to publicly state your opinion.  I bet if you call the Registered Maine Guide Service they would best direct your justified complaint.  Good luck to you.  I found their website...regardless, that type of behavior is downright ridiculous.  If you're still into bear hunting I can recommend a guide service that'll take good care of you...

[url]http://www.maineguides.org/index.html[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top