Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2003 6:30:38 PM EDT
I go to pick up my new handgun:

And in pulls up this guy in a damn near new full size Chevy truck with all the bells and whistles.He comes in with his wife in tow and little kid.He had a large suitcase size carrier full of NICE stuff; 1911's, some sa revolvers, knives, etc.He went back to the truck and came back in with some rifles in cases.NICE stuff not junk.

The guy was going on about bills late, xmas coming and the wife just standing waiting with her hand out for the cash.You could tell the guy was whooped.The pawn guy was saying he was gonna give him xxx amount and he looked over to her for the "ok".He had to get her "ok" for everything and she even took the cash and stuck it in her purse while the sad sack gave up his guns.!!!Sad shit all the way around.

I'd throw my wife out and live in the desert before I gave up my stuff.

I really don't hate pawn shops.I just wish I could buy more handguns than one a month...
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 6:34:37 PM EDT
[#1]
1911, whats not to like [:)]
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 6:38:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, one can say that it's the person pawning something loss and your possible gain.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 6:40:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I work next door to a pawn shop, I DO hate it, the crack-heads always walking around, looking nervous, pawning crap, well, maybe not all the time, the good stuff I get firsties on!
If you've ever stood behind a crack-head at a pawn shop, you'd hate them too. They get damn near violent when the people behind the counter tell them their beat up H&R .22 revolver is worth $10 in pawn, and the crack head thinks it's worth $200..........
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 6:56:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Tactical,

You should have grabbed him in the parking lot, made an offer, and cut out the middle man!

It is painful to watch a man unload his prized collection due to some piece of snatch, but it soothes some of the hurt when you are the one getting the collection!
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 7:00:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Be glad that maybe the guns will now goto a guy with balls.

Link Posted: 12/13/2003 7:34:51 PM EDT
[#6]
The other side of the coin may be that he's one of the millions that are out of work now and has been barely keeping his head above water with the truck payment and rent.  The guns may have been the only thing they had left that had any value.  I know it's blasphemy, but there *are* some things in life that are higher up on the priority list than a gun.  Best part is that since he pawned them instead of selling them he always has the chance to recover them.  Maybe at tax return time?

Hoppy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top