Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/28/2001 11:41:02 AM EDT
I am sick and tired of waking up every morning dreading the day ahead. I am tired of waking up in the middle of the night to fix someone else's mistakes. I'm sick of stupid, childish politics. I hate this. I don't know ho to make even close to the same amount of money doing anything else. AARRGGGGHHHH!!!! Sorry, I had to vent. [>Q]
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 11:42:31 AM EDT
What kind of work do you do?
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 11:43:06 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 11:44:36 AM EDT
I'm a systems engineer (operations support) for a large corporation. I want to get into Bail Enforcement, Security Consulting, etc. I'm a smart dude, but I have no military or police background, and little experience.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 11:49:15 AM EDT
I would like to get me one of them gov jobs-too bad I am a white male=no chance of landing PC "Equal OP" job.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 11:52:05 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Chimborazo: I am sick and tired of waking up every morning dreading the day ahead. I am tired of waking up in the middle of the night to fix someone else's mistakes. I'm sick of stupid, childish politics.
View Quote
I know exactly how you feel. I feel your pain. I was in the restaurant business for close to 20 years and I felt the same way for the past 5 years. The politics and bullchit seem to be in every job.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 12:11:14 PM EDT
I used to say "I hate my job", that is until I didn't have it anymore. Then I realized how much I miss it.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 12:24:01 PM EDT
At least you don’t have a job like that kids dad in kindergarten cop, staring the Arnold. Arnold, “Little girl, what does your dad do for a living.” Little girl “My dad is a gynecologist and he has to look at vaginas all day lonnnng.” THISISME
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 1:27:41 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 2:00:42 PM EDT
Just kiss your paycheck and be happy. I hate my job too, and live in communist infected country. I would love to move, but just grit my teeth and collect the money. There are very few other places I could go and make a decent wage. Save your pennies and try to retire early. Besides, the grass is always greener...
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 3:32:19 PM EDT
You can look for a better job. I got fired (for possessing a rifle in my personal car on the company parking lot). I missed the job and check. I found a better one and really enjoy it. I would have been stuck forever in a rut if the circumstances did not work out. New boss is progun.
Top Top