Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2001 11:41:02 AM EDT
I am sick and tired of waking up every morning dreading the day ahead.  I am tired of waking up in the middle of the night to fix someone else's mistakes.  I'm sick of stupid, childish politics.  I hate this.

I don't know ho to make even close to the same amount of money doing anything else.

AARRGGGGHHHH!!!!

Sorry, I had to vent.  [>Q]

Link Posted: 6/28/2001 11:42:31 AM EDT
[#1]
What kind of work do you do?
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 11:43:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 11:44:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm a systems engineer (operations support) for a large corporation.  I want to get into Bail Enforcement, Security Consulting, etc.  I'm a smart dude, but I have no military or police background, and little experience.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 11:49:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I would like to get me one of them gov jobs-too bad I am a white male=no chance of landing PC "Equal OP" job.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 11:52:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I am sick and tired of waking up every morning dreading the day ahead.  I am tired of waking up in the middle of the night to fix someone else's mistakes.  I'm sick of stupid, childish politics.
View Quote

I know exactly how you feel.  I feel your pain.
I was in the restaurant business for close to 20 years and I felt the same way for the past 5 years. The politics and bullchit seem to be in every job.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 12:11:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I used to say "I hate my job", that is until I didn't have it anymore. Then I realized how much I miss it.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 12:24:01 PM EDT
[#7]
At least you don’t have a job like that kids dad in kindergarten cop, staring the Arnold.

Arnold, “Little girl, what does your dad do for a living.” Little girl “My dad is a gynecologist and he has to look at vaginas all day lonnnng.”

THISISME
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 1:27:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 2:00:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Just kiss your paycheck and be happy.  I hate my job too, and live in communist infected country.  I would love to move, but just grit my teeth and collect the money.  There are very few other places I could go and make a decent wage.  Save your pennies and try to retire early.  Besides, the grass is always greener...
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 3:32:19 PM EDT
[#10]
You can look for a better job.  I got fired (for possessing a rifle in my personal car on the company parking lot).  I missed the job and check.  I found a better one and really enjoy it.  I would have been stuck forever in a rut if the circumstances did not work out.

New boss is progun.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top